Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Will Vote Against Nuclear Deal

My beef is that Rand is going to be the punching bag on most things anyways. He should stand strong and not be weak and appear muddled. It damages his whole message. He's got the polls on his side. He should be aggressive not cowering in a bunker. Jeb Bush wants to play the electable card but right now Rand has the most crossover appeal and is very competitive with Clinton.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hmmm......choices.......

The only true answer here is that it's not America's job to police Iran's nuclear program.

Having said that, if the deal passes Congress (and the other nations involved), Israel will start WW3. If it doesn't pass, they may still start WW3. We've seen it over and over where some "deal" is brokered and then suddenly there's screams of "They violated the deal!!! Bomb them!!", which usually ends with bombing.

Toughie there...
    We've seen this movie already. Just like Iraq, there will be screams of "they violated the deal", with no evidence, at which point a "coalition of the willing" will violate said deal and a whole host of other agreements to unilaterally execute a first strike.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Perhaps I need to brush up on my globalism 101 doctrine but what exactly is a "deal" or "agreement" or "accord", in this case?

I see no mention of a formal treaty or involvement of the UN or similar. Media only calls it an "agreement" or "deal" or similar variation of those vague terms.

What exactly is this? And if it was negotiated by 7 countries, how can the US govt single-handedly veto a "deal" (again, whatever the hell that means) that the rest agree to? What legislative authority does the US govt have to engage in "deals"? Treaties, yes. Deals? No.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    My beef is that Rand is going to be the punching bag on most things anyways. He should stand strong and not be weak and appear muddled. It damages his whole message. He's got the polls on his side.
    No, he doesn't. This isn't 2011 anymore. The whole ISIS thing happened and the American people became war hungry again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    No, he doesn't. This isn't 2011 anymore. The whole ISIS thing happened and the American people became war hungry again.
    It's ok, just make it up as you go along Traditional Conservative.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

It's ok, just make it up as you go along Traditional Conservative.
    Shut up.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    he had an out by saying he would vote yes if the hostages were released, but he was too timid to go even that far. still, I am surprised by how harsh Justin Raimondo is:

http://news.antiwar.com/2015/07/14/r...ses-iran-deal/
    Why? Antiwar's entire existence is based on taking hardline stances on foreign policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

" The whole ISIS thing happened and the American people became war hungry again."

Indeed they did, but again what does that tell you? Paul correctly said ISIS is a direct result of the failure of interventionism from both parties and all that got was sharp drop in the polls he's just now recovering from.

What did the CFL do with all the money sent to it by Paul supporters lo these past seven years? Clearly it wasn't to change minds in GOP on foreign policy or if they tried they failed miserably. One beheading and American want to pull the covers over themselves? Saudi Arabia beheads people every day.

What Rand has to campaign on is removing the fear which prevades so much of American society because its that fear which fuels the national security/war state/drug war. That's your big government right there! Reduce that and you do bring America back to a constitutional republic. The disappointing thing is the fear is very much in the Paul campaign taking the stance they have on the deal. Until they realize this, they will fail and we all will fail.

Jan2017

I see no mention of a formal treaty or involvement of the UN or similar. Media only calls it an "agreement" or "deal" or similar variation of those vague terms.

What exactly is this?
    Great question, that media folks like Faux News might seem to gloss over.

I'll ask that - Isn't this an enforcement of The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons,
    commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    The disappointing thing is the fear is very much in the Paul campaign taking the stance they have on the deal. Until they realize this, they will fail and we all will fail.
    Why? You just admitted that Rand's poll numbers started going down after he correctly pointed out that U.S intervention led to the rise of ISIS. The American people are stupid and don't want to be told the truth. The only option Rand has left if he wants to have any chance to win the GOP nomination is to pander to stupid people and act somewhat like a neocon.

Why? You just admitted that Rand's poll numbers started going down after he correctly pointed out that U.S intervention led to the rise of ISIS. The American people are stupid and don't want to be told the truth. The only option Rand has left if he wants to have any chance to win the GOP nomination is to pander to stupid people and act somewhat like a neocon.
    There are 15 other neocons out there if that's what the voters want

the only chance Rand has is to distinguish himself and to come off as honest, rand is going the other way.

If Rand can't keep his base, he is finished. He better start acting more like his dad or people will start looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    There are 15 other neocons out there if that's what the voters want

the only chance Rand has is to distinguish himself and to come off as honest, rand is going the other way.

If Rand can't keep his base, he is finished. He better start acting more like his dad or people will start looking elsewhere.
    Republican voters agree with Rand's domestic policy, and voters may view him as the best bet to actually cut government spending and balance the budget. (Of course they bizarrely don't yet realize that you can't cut spending and balance the budget if you have trillion dollar wars overseas) But Rand's goal isn't to get voters to choose him because of his foreign policy, but rather to not make his foreign policy so unacceptable to Republican voters that it causes people who strongly agree with his domestic policy to not vote for him.

Paul deserves to lose. Taft and Goldwater are rolling in their graves

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Lol. Goldwater was 10 times more pro war than Rand is. People feared that Goldwater was going to start a nuclear war if he became President.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Despite the naysayers; I trust that Randal is voting his conscience and thinks that this deal is bad for peace.

Just took the Rand Paul for President 2016 sticker off of my car

This is a very sad day. I might just stop participating in politics unless another Ron comes along. I think Scott Horton said it best: "When Ron Paul's son stinks on foreign policy, you know it's time to stop playing the game."

Say what you will, but the grassroots campaigns for guys like Bernie Sanders don't have to deal with this sort of betrayal. Rand can pander all he wants, but he shouldn't expect people like me to stick by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Commentary View Post
    Say what you will, but the grassroots campaigns for guys like Bernie Sanders don't have to deal with this sort of betrayal.
    No, they just have to deal with proposals for 90% tax rates and the loss of all of the freedoms that we still have left in America.

Say what you will, but the grassroots campaigns for guys like Bernie Sanders don't have to deal with this sort of betrayal. Rand can pander all he wants, but he shouldn't expect people like me to stick by him.
    Pretty sure he wrote people like you off a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Rand isn't the one.
    Just took the Rand Paul for President 2016 sticker off of my car

This is a very sad day. I might just stop participating in politics unless another Ron comes along. I think Scott Horton said it best: "When Ron Paul's son stinks on foreign policy, you know it's time to stop playing the game."
    aaaand this, ladies and gentlemen, is why America continue to slip ever further into the jaws of despotic tyranny until we end up running the ovens even worse than Hitler's Germany.

Perhaps I need to brush up on my globalism 101 doctrine but what exactly is a "deal" or "agreement" or "accord", in this case?

What exactly is this? And if it was negotiated by 7 countries, how can the US govt single-handedly veto a "deal" (again, whatever the hell that means) that the rest agree to? What legislative authority does the US govt have to engage in "deals"? Treaties, yes. Deals? No.
    Afaik it's just a multi-lateral agreement of all (supra-)nations to agree to lift sanctions if Iran does what they agreed uppon. I don't think anyone can stop the US, or any other nation, from entering into those kind of conditional deals. They don't need any international authority because they don't force other nations with anything beyond keeping sanctions, which seems to not violate any international law.

That being said, one of the "best" things of this deal seems to be that by the time the US Congress could possibly overturn it, all other nations (and the EU) will already have lifted their sanctions (which are way more significant for Iran anyway) and they won't revert that just because the US chickens out. Meaning that any unilateral sanctions the US will (re-)impose on Iran will be a lot less impactful.

In any case, one of the best things the Obama administration accomplished, sad to see Rand opposing it. Kind of telling that the only three parties in the entire world with this position are US republicans, Isreal and Saudi Arabia.

No, they just have to deal with proposals for 90% tax rates and the loss of all of the freedoms that we still have left in America.
    Yeah, but they support that crap.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    aaaand this, ladies and gentlemen, is why America continue to slip ever further into the jaws of despotic tyranny until we end up running the ovens even worse than Hitler's Germany.
    Because people won't vote for a war hawk?
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post

I don't think the middle of the road Republican who voted to put Japanese people in concentration camps or the guy who advocated using "low radiation" nuclear weapons to decimate Vietnam are awakening from their dirt nap over Rand Paul making what is a perfectly reasonable vote.

Well, since you are too much of a coward to engage in debate out here where you can be answered, if Rand Paul had 'supported gay marriage' (whatever that means) I sure as hell wouldn't be promoting Bernie Sanders. Neither would I be pissing and moaning about how "Rand isn't the one" and removing my bumper sticker.

For the billionth time, I am not a 'libertarian,' I am a Constitutionalist. The more you ignorant dingbats open your mouth, the less I ever want to ever be identified as a 'libertarian.' I am perfectly consistent in my political platform. I support those who support the Constitution, and I oppose those who oppose the Constitution. You can love it, you can hate it, but if you think I am a hypocrite then you can get bent.

Rand Paul, but opining on a US foreign treaty with Iran, whether you like his opinion or hate his opinion, is fulfilling his Constitutional duty.

I get it. You want to abandon our only shot at Constitutional liberty because Rand Paul does not think Obama's plan for Iran relations is a good one.

Maybe Rand is right, and maybe Rand is wrong, but either way, you and your ilk are idiots.

Do you know what my entire facebook feed looks like right now?

So fine, you go ahead and abandon Ron Paul's son because he won't side with Obama on Iran against grassroots Republicans during a Republican Presidential Primary, but don't come crying to me when we elect an actual tyrant and a warmonger to the Oval Office. I'm the one trying to talk sense into you numbskulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    Because people won't vote for a war hawk?
    If you think Rand Paul is a 'war hawk' then you need to lay down the crack pipe.

If you think Rand Paul is a 'war hawk' then you need to lay down the crack pipe.
    Well, If he votes like one in the senate just to get elected, that's just as bad.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Its funny how all these people that have been calling Obama a warmonger for years suddenly think he want to push a treaty for peace. lol

I see this treaty as a setup for war.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Its funny how all these people that have been calling Obama a warmonger for years suddenly think he want to push a treaty for peace. lol

I see this treaty as a setup for war.
    Its probably is. +rep!
    Last edited by rg17; 07-15-2015 at 10:29 AM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast