Thread: Donald Trump is a distraction

Donald Trump is a distraction

We see this in the media and social network sites. The fact that this forum is practically covered with Trump threads is proof of how useful a distraction he's been made into.
    RVO˩UTION

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Ron Paul has a zero chance of winning either the nomination or the Presidency... Few people take Ron Paul seriously and many of his views and presentation make him a clown-like candidate. I am glad he and Jon Huntsman who has inconsequential poll numbers or a chance of winning will not be attending the debate and wasting the time of viewers." -Donald Trump, 2011.
    Last edited by notsure; 07-14-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Maybe if Rand Paul's campaign had a pulse then there would lots of exciting threads about him.

Donald Trump is a piece of $#@! that made him money through coercion of the worst kind. He used the power of the NJ mafia to get ahead. We should all be against this guy. I guess if you are not from the NJ/NY area this idiot is new for you or something. I don't get it.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    We see this in the media and social network sites. The fact that this forum is practically covered with Trump threads is proof of how useful a distraction he's been made into.
    Yeah, he's definitely pulled ahead of Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders in the "who is everyone on this site incessantly talking about" poll.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

He certainly is. Really sucks doesn't it?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Without Donald Trump, we could talk about more important things like climate change and the bloody war on women.

Whats with the obsession with Donald Trump and now ignoring Rand Paul. May as well call this the Trump forums.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Whats with the obsession with Donald Trump and now ignoring Rand Paul. May as well call this the Trump forums.
    I think it is just frustration. Trump is conducting the sort of bold, anti-establishment campaign that people wish Rand would have opted for. Trump is speaking to the silent majority not just of the GOP, but the entire American electorate, that the political elite have been ignoring and taking advantage of for decades. These were the people that Rand could have easily tapped to form the vanguard of his Randslide, and instead he allowed Donald Trump of all people to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    I think it is just frustration. Trump is conducting the sort of bold, anti-establishment campaign that people wish Rand would have opted for. Trump is speaking to the silent majority not just of the GOP, but the entire American electorate, that the political elite have been ignoring and taking advantage of for decades. These were the people that Rand could have easily tapped to form the vanguard of his Randslide, and instead he allowed Donald Trump of all people to take them.
    When Donald Trump steals the mantle as the voice for the disenfranchised, you will then know that the politicians have dropped the ball.

Except the problem with Trump is that he's a fake. He's only pandering to a portion of the electorate and going against many of his previous positions. He can say the things that he's saying because he knows he's only bringing the circus and has no real intention of getting the nomination. I guarantee you Trump is only playing his part in this whole thing, and it most certainly won't favor the Liberty movement.
    RVO˩UTION

he is number 1 in the polls; he is shaping the issues. while pundits and those with political knowledge keep saying Trump can't win he keeps gaining strength. in the debate analysis he will get all the attention. and he could win it. or influence who does

Pretty much everything around here after Ron Paul lost the 2008 primaries has been a distraction.

Let's not make too big a thing out of it and give Trump more credit than he deserves.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I wonder if he is a calculated distraction. He's been friendly with the Clintons in the past. There is no way he could ever be potus, so there has to be a reason he is running. It's either to drive the whole field out into wacko land so the Clintons can win or ratings for some future TV show.

What else is there to talk about? Rand Paul's shadow campaign? We get such little info now. It's almost like Rand Paul doesn't exist. I hope he has a good reason for this, because it's looking very grim The first primary is less than a year away! We need to get into gear! WHen's the next moneybomb? Is there going to be a next moneybomb?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    What else is there to talk about? Rand Paul's shadow campaign? We get such little info now. It's almost like Rand Paul doesn't exist. I hope he has a good reason for this, because it's looking very grim The first primary is less than a year away! We need to get into gear! WHen's the next moneybomb? Is there going to be a next moneybomb?
    Rand may have to kill a hooker or something to get back in this. ROFL

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I wonder if he is a calculated distraction. He's been friendly with the Clintons in the past. There is no way he could ever be potus, so there has to be a reason he is running. It's either to drive the whole field out into wacko land so the Clintons can win or ratings for some future TV show.
    They're pointing cameras at him so everyone will think everyone but Bush is too goofy to consider. Except Scott Walker, who seems to be the official Plan B if Republicans choke on the Bush dynasty. He's there to make the middle of the road path to tyranny look reasonable, just as Sanders is there to make the middle of the road path to tyranny look reasonable.

And he won't run independent. Unless Rand Paul is nominated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    Maybe if Rand Paul's campaign had a pulse then there would lots of exciting threads about him.
    Its called the Rand Paul 2016 section, ya dunce.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Agree.

Except the problem with Trump is that he's a fake. He's only pandering to a portion of the electorate and going against many of his previous positions. He can say the things that he's saying because he knows he's only bringing the circus and has no real intention of getting the nomination. I guarantee you Trump is only playing his part in this whole thing, and it most certainly won't favor the Liberty movement.
    Exactly why it is so frustrating. The voters are so angry and fed up that even a disreputable fraud like Trump can win them over if he just says the things that every other politician has refused to. Everything was there for the taking for Rand. He just had to recognize it, and he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand may have to kill a hooker or something to get back in this. ROFL
    I suggested a fling with Taylor Swift a while back. She could also cut his hair. Imagine the number of views the video would get.

Exactly why it is so frustrating. The voters are so angry and fed up that even a disreputable fraud like Trump can win them over if he just says the things that every other politician has refused to. Everything was there for the taking for Rand. He just had to recognize it, and he failed.
    Oh, bull$#@!. What did he not take? How can he have failed when it isn't over yet? Who says those who favor substance over style failed to notice, for example, his filibusters?

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a noise? We have not yet begun to break The Son Who Must Not Be Named through the blackout (though it's time, people).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post

The media would just pretend like he didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Its called the Rand Paul 2016 section, ya dunce.
    Apparently you missed the "exciting" part of my statement. The Rand forum usually hovers at about 10-20 viewers and he's in FULL campaign mode. Maybe if he did or said something noteworthy then there would be lots of talk and discussion about him instead of Trump, ya douche.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...