Thread: Trump's Electability (or lack thereof)

Default Trump's Electability (or lack thereof)

Trump's RCP average v. Hillary = Hillary +19.6% (worst of any candidate)

...and Trump's number are going in the wrong direction.

The latest poll has him losing to Hillary by 24% (!), that's 6 points worse than before he announced he was running.

Trump nomination = greatest democratic landslide since Lyndon Johnson.

...by way of comparison:

Rand's RCP average v. Hillary = Hillary + 3.8% (best of any candidate)

Hillary must be licking her chops at the thought of Trump getting the nomination. It wouldn't surprise me if she even donated to his campaign.

...course, she owes him one, Trump donated to her campaigns.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-12-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

-Ludwig von Mises

"Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

-Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

"All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

-H. L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Trump is just a sideshow
    I agree. He has no chance (or desire) to win the nomination.

....but there are a lot of Trump fanboys lurking about these days and I thought they needed a little dose of reality.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

-Ludwig von Mises

"Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

"All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

-H. L. Mencken

I've talked to two hardcore democrats who surprisingly told me that they would vote for Trump. I think he's making headway with his talk about job creation. I doubt that Trump's numbers are worse than Bush. No way.
    “Force the normies into taking sides. At the moment they are just like "meh, I am minding my own business" retreating culturally into their private bubbles and "safe-spaces" since they don't understand what is going on. When the actual "us vs them" starts, they will be forced to fight or they'll die.” - Anonymous Poster

I could see hella Democrats voting for Trump in open primary states, since they won't be needing to vote in their own.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I've talked to two hardcore democrats who surprisingly told me that they would vote for Trump. I think he's making headway with his talk about job creation. I doubt that Trump's numbers are worse than Bush. No way.

-Ludwig von Mises

-H. L. Mencken

Trump is just an entertainer for the elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Trump is just a sideshow
    Who's currently in first place and who's drawing thousands of very enthusiastic people and who's taking to task those who need to be taken to task.

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Trump is just an entertainer for the elections.
    Wait till he announces his new reality show. The ratings will be through the roof.

Jimmy Carter was elated when Reagan beat old Bush for the 1980 nomination. he also expected a landslide. people do not like Hillary personally.

Blue Dog Democrats Want off the Train of Madness. Trump is appealing to them. More anecdotal evidence of what I covered earlier.

I just spoke to a friend who works at a local hospital, and deals with patients all day long. That is a good way to have your finger on the pulse of a demographic area. She called me and said "You won't believe it. This whole hospital is on fire, talking about Trump". I asked what was the consensus. She said "most people are saying what Daddy or Grand-daddy are saying. These are all people who farm and raise cattle and grow crops and most are saying they don't care a bit about Trumps past. They don't care if he filed bankruptcy. These are small business people who understand risk and rewards, and are for the most part 90% staunch Blue-Dog Democrats, and they are all behind Trump."
    The anger is so palpable throughout the land that I would not write off Trump prematurely. I'm not saying he will win, but he will be on the scene much longer than the pundits expect.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-12-2015 at 11:04 PM.
    “Force the normies into taking sides. At the moment they are just like "meh, I am minding my own business" retreating culturally into their private bubbles and "safe-spaces" since they don't understand what is going on. When the actual "us vs them" starts, they will be forced to fight or they'll die.” - Anonymous Poster

Somebody make a meme of this that can spread around, it would be shared quite a bit.
    Undeniably effective strategy
    1) REGISTER - email : iowa@randpaul2016.com to request login.
    2) LOGIN & CALL - www.callingfromhome.com
    3) WIN

Don't pay the media to attack Rand
    Every time you click on the attack articles, you are literally paying them for attacking Rand. If you really want people to see, quote the entire article and break the link.

be ACTIVE, be EFFECTIVE, be ORGANIZED, be STRATEGIC, be VICTORIOUS.

How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The anger is so palpable throughout the land that I would not write off Trump prematurely. I'm not saying he will win, but he will be on the scene much longer than the pundits expect.
    Rand should have tapped that anger.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Rand should have tapped that anger.
    he still could. he has a tremendous platform with his senate seat. now he has to put it to use.

Hey, another poll came out today.

https://www.suffolk.edu/documents/SU..._marginals.pdf

The Donald v. Hillary = Hillary +17%

-Ludwig von Mises

-H. L. Mencken