Thread: One of my dogs might have bone cancer.

One of my dogs might have bone cancer.

He was taken to the vet today because he was limping. The doctor said he might have bone cancer. I just want to know if feeding him apricot seeds would work for a dog(if it even works). Don't have anything to lose. If so, where could I just buy the seeds? I've never seen any apricots in any grocery store around here. He's a good dog, only three years old. He doesn't deserve this.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm very sorry to hear this. One can often find apricot kernels at the health food stores. I would be cautious giving them to the dog though.

http://cancercurefordogs.com/information.htm

Can I give raw apricot seeds to my pet for cancer prevention or cancer treatment?

Yes, but grind the apricot seeds up first. Then consider the size of the pet in relation to a human and adjust the apricot seed dosage accordingly. We have numerous testimonials on this web site stating that apricot seeds cured people's pet's cancer and their veterinarians were shocked.

http://www.rawapricotseeds.com/faq.html#a18

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    http://cancercurefordogs.com/information.htm

Can I give raw apricot seeds to my pet for cancer prevention or cancer treatment?

Yes, but grind the apricot seeds up first. Then consider the size of the pet in relation to a human and adjust the apricot seed dosage accordingly. We have numerous testimonials on this web site stating that apricot seeds cured people's pet's cancer and their veterinarians were shocked.

http://www.rawapricotseeds.com/faq.html#a18

Thanks! I already lost my dad to this disease. This dog is my Mom's fiance's dog, but I love his dog like he was my own. I think he might be more willing to look into these things.

Quote Originally Posted by BW2112 View Post
    Thanks! I already lost my dad to this disease. This dog is my Mom's fiance's dog, but I love his dog like he was my own. I think he might be more willing to look into these things.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

My dog had a red bump a few months ago, according to google it was likely either some harmless condition that clears itself up in less than a month or possibly cancer. It ended up clearing up in a few weeks, but I did give him a little bit of crushed apricot pits while he had it (also occasionally treated the area with tea tree oil). I'm pretty sure it was the less serious condition, though.

Might wanna get the seeds shipped overnight if you can..I would also recommend adding a little bit of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (shake bottle well first) and a squeeze of lime to the dog's water bowl. A human dose is 1-2 tsp in an 8 oz glass of water once or twice a day, but that makes a really strong concoction that you would want to chase down with some regular water - maybe even brush your teeth after to bring the acidity in your mouth back down for your teeth's sake. Dunno if your dog will drink it that strong.. so might be better to dilute it very heavily and just let them drink it over time.

I would also recommend grain-free food.

Let us know how it goes. Do you know if/when you will get a diagnosis? I mean, this could possibly just be an injury from impact or something, too, right?
    Last edited by dannno; 07-10-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm sorry your dog is sick. I know nothing about natural remedies, but I'm really sad for you.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

I would also recommend grain-free food.
    This is critical for any dog in my personal view. I feed only Honest Kitchen brand. Which is non-gmo/grain free human grade food. Of course, I chop up healthy raw meats and whatnot, too, and throw in there.

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-10-2015 at 08:17 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aww, sorry to hear your dog's not well. Hopefully, the seeds will get him on the road to recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I hope the apricot seeds work and you have many more years together.

Don't apricot seeds contain cyanide?...at low levels?
    Bone cancer is very difficult to treat. If it is confined to a limb, they will recommend amputation.
    Amputation was not an option for my dog because it was in his 7th cervical vertebra.
    Here are a couple of websites:
    http://www.wearethecure.org/contact-us (Support and help with fund raising for treatment bills)
    http://caninecare.us/ (this possibly prevented my dog's bone cancer from metastasizing to his lungs)
    And if you are n the states:
    http://naturalhemp.org/pure-hemp-cbd-source/208609788 (this reduces the need to take steroids like prednisone as anti-inflammatories, which suppress the immune system).
    PM me if you want to discuss. Very sorry to hear about your dog. I wasted two months just thinking he'd pulled a muscle.
    Last edited by Tinnuhana; 07-11-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

A Natural Anti-Cancer Protocol for Dogs
    http://www.tbyil.com/Dogs_Natural_Cancer_Protocol.htm
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I highly recommend going with a raw diet for your dog. Here is a link that is about diet and cancer in dogs:
    http://journeywithcharlie.weebly.com...ncer-diet.html

Thanks to everyone so far. I've texted my mom all of these links. The dog is a golden retriever. He's a sweet dog only three years old. He doesn't deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Don't apricot seeds contain cyanide?...at low levels?
    Yes, they do.

http://ispub.com/IJH/9/2/10959

Conclusions and Lacunae

Death by apricot kernels appears to be rare, consuming more than 20 kernels at once can lead to serious negative reactions, but again, there are few recorded cases, and milder negative reactions can occur with eating about five to ten kernels at once.

The data triangulate well, but, as is obvious from table 1, the empirical basis of these summary statements is weak. We would eventually like to say with confidence what the lowest observed adverse effect level (LOAEL) is as well as what the no observed adverse effect level (NOAEL) is.

In addition, major mysteries remain.

Thousands of people have purchased and presumably have eaten apricot kernels. Young (1992), in fact, states that in the 1970's, apricot kernels were “in vogue,” and even today they are widely advertised on the internet. Why do reports of apricot pit toxicity appear so rarely in the professional literature or even anecdotally, especially when the anti-laetrile establishment is so eager to cite the few that do exist? Is apricotpit.com correct in stating that negative reactions appear in only a few cases?

Of course, such reactions could be common but simply not reported. More likely, serious negative reactions are in fact unusual.

A second mystery is how people are apparently able to accommodate to apricot kernels, having negative reactions at first but gradually building up to higher doses (see e.g. cgeordge's report, cited above).

One website gives the following advice: “If you do not have cancer and you want to prevent it, eat 7 to 10 apricots seeds daily (start out at a low dosage, such as 1 or 2 at a time and work up to 7 to 10) “ (http://www.1cure4cancer.com/continue_pp2.htm).

How does accommodation occur, and what are the best schedules to follow in “getting used to” apricot kernels?

The third mystery is why there is so little research on the relationship between consuming apricot kernels and negative reactions.

I suspect that a major part of the problem is the widespread belief that Laetrile is useless against cancer. Anti-Laetrile writers have seized on the few studies of apricot pit toxicity and have cited them again and again, giving the false impression that apricot pits are dangerous and no further research is necessary.

But the case against Laetrile as an anti-cancer agent has not been made. It has been argued that studies “proving” that Laetrile is useless are deeply flawed (Griffin, 1997; Moss, 1966; Krashen, 2008, 2009). In addition, the professional literature contains a number of reports of patients who did well with Laetrile, reports written by professional physicians who reported the cases carefully, and are not in the business of selling apricot kernels (e.g. Morrone, 1962, Navarro, 1955, 1970, 1975; Navarro and Lagman, 1956; Navarro et. al, 1957, 1958). These cases cannot be ignored, and there are too many of them to attribute all to fraud, misdiagnoses or spontaneous remission.

Despite the pessimism of the medical establishment, people continue to consume apricot kernels, and if future studies on the efficacy of laetrile are positive, consumption will increase. It is essential that we improve the state of knowledge on the possible toxicity of apricot kernels.
    Perhaps, if apricot kernels do in fact have an impact on cancer, the reason is a combined one, laetrile compounds and arsenic as a chemo agent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BW2112 View Post
    Thanks to everyone so far. I've texted my mom all of these links. The dog is a golden retriever. He's a sweet dog only three years old. He doesn't deserve this.
    Bummer. A friend had the same problem with his golden. They amputated the leg, and it lived many years as a three legged dog.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.