Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Confederate Flag Needs To Be Raised, Not Lowered - Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They still around ?
    Who, the FBI?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Who, the FBI?
    Yeah , those pd with tax monies pd informant guys , thats them .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Megyn Kelly posted the same article. Who wrote it?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I use a Black Flag myself .
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That was perhaps one the best articles I have ever read. Quickly summed up all that is wrong with present day America. Chuck Baldwin rocks!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I would certainly not stop, say, California, if it wanted to break away to become a Soviet style gulag.
    Hey now watch it! We are hastily working on packing all our soviet-posers to Texas.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Explain to me, then, why the KKK is protesting it coming down.
    1. KKK is anarchist at its core. Thus they protest most everything government.
    2. KKK functions on the obfuscated teachings of history as the rest of America. Thus most truly believe that the so-called Civil War was over slavery.

ETA:

Rather than removing the Confederate Battle Flag from service, the legislature should have opted to pass a resolution addressing the myriad of valid points within this article, while denouncing racism and slavery within the state of SC.

FTFY:

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    New Black Panthers vs. White Supremacists. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Megyn Kelly posted the same article. Who wrote it?
    Lol, I saw that, and I'm pretty sure that website has nothing at all to do with Megyn Kelly. Chuck Baldwin wrote the article.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Yeah, the slippery slope effect is real. You were right about your predictions of what would happen. If you give the left an inch, they'll take a mile.
    you know what the southerners will do. nothing. too busy waving that bastard flag that murdered their ancestors while decrying about all those mooslim terrorists

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    you know what the southerners will do. nothing. too busy waving that bastard flag that murdered their ancestors while decrying about all those mooslim terrorists
    Being invaded, defeated, subjected, and reconstructed will do that to you.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

"If I thought this war was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commission and offer my sword to the other side"… Ulysses S. Grant

I've changed my mind on this issue, at least for now. Unless someone can refute what Chuck Baldwin wrote in this article.
    Last edited by Brett85; 07-11-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

"If I thought this war was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commission and offer my sword to the other side"… Ulysses S. Grant
    That's pretty damning.

I've changed my mind on this issue, at least for now. Unless someone can refute what Chuck Baldwin wrote in this article.
    The Union may not have invaded the South to end slavery, but slavery was the driving force behind the secession of the Southern States. Jefferson Davis had given speeches before the war in which he advocated secession if an abolitionist was elected President (and Lincoln was wrongfully regarded as a radical abolitionist by Southerners). Both sides were horrible and we shouldn't celebrate either (even though individuals like Lee were great men). A somewhat similar analogy I like to use is that we shouldn't celebrate Saddam Hussein while we criticize the Bush doctrine. Likewise we shouldn't celebrate the Confederacy while we criticize Lincoln.
    Stop believing stupid things

Explain to me, then, why the KKK is protesting it coming down.
    The FBI has controlled the KKK since Hoover's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    The Union may not have invaded the South to end slavery, but slavery was the driving force behind the secession of the Southern States. Jefferson Davis had given speeches before the war in which he advocated secession if an abolitionist was elected President (and Lincoln was wrongfully regarded as a radical abolitionist by Southerners). Both sides were horrible and we shouldn't celebrate either (even though individuals like Lee were great men). A somewhat similar analogy I like to use is that we shouldn't celebrate Saddam Hussein while we criticize the Bush doctrine. Likewise we shouldn't celebrate the Confederacy while we criticize Lincoln.
    True, that's a good point. Do you take the position that the Civil War shouldn't have been fought?

It boiled down to congressional control. If an abolitionist POTUS came to power, it would have further skewed the Northeastern control of the Congress, since he would have most likely banned slavery in the new territories. Slaves equaled more seats for southern sympathizing states (Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the U.S. Constitution), especially in the HoR.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The president determines congressional control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The president determines congressional control?
    The POTUS was the final firewall on any proposed legislation that managed to navigate through both houses of Congress. Remember that you had the Missouri Compromise which was then reversed years later by the Kansas Nebraska Act. There was a constant tug and pull over the status of the new territories.

To note, it is asserted, this quote was forged: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...BE668389669FDE

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...-correct-quote

Next up, the Alamo will be shut down, and Davie Crockett's ancestors will give a heartfelt apology for killing Santa Anna's soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Thanks for that. I guess it's hard to know for sure what's true and what's not true.

Really, maintaining state sovereignty (i.e., state's rights) was the underlying motivating factor, which included the institution of slavery. (Mr. Davis performed his speeches in Mississippi in 1858, though SC was the first to secede, around two-years later.)

Just FYI: Grant himself was a slave owner. Technically, he personally owned only one slave himself (and he was manumitted by Grant in 1959). But Grant was the supervisor and effective "owner" of all the slaves his wife Julia had from her family. The Grants did not free their slaves until the latest possible day, when slavery was "officially" abolished in Missouri after the war.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Grant never said “If I thought this war was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commission, and offer my sword to the other side”. This was started by Horace Greeley in (1868 and 1872) during his run for President against Ulysses Grant and defended and proven by E. B. Washburne Representative from Illinois.

"This quote was supposedly made to the Chicago Tribune in 1862 by Grant. Problem is that nobody has ever been able to find this quote, not even the Chicago Tribune and the quote is contrary to everything that Grant has ever stated about the slavery issue.
    thank you Weston White
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    True, that's a good point. Do you take the position that the Civil War shouldn't have been fought?
    Yes, I would have most likely been a copperhead.

It boiled down to congressional control. If an abolitionist POTUS came to power, it would have further skewed the Northeastern control of the Congress, since he would have most likely banned slavery in the new territories. Slaves equaled more seats for southern sympathizing states (Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the U.S. Constitution), especially in the HoR.
    So are you admitting they seceded over slavery?

So are you admitting they seceded over slavery?
    They seceded because they refused to be milked any further by Northern industrialists, who were expanding their profits at the South's expense. Railroads and canals in the Northern part of the country were almost being exclusively funded by Southern importers. Slavery certainly played a role, but it was never the catalyzing factor. The Morrill Tariff sent the South over the proverbial edge as they wished for a permanent divorce from their Northern neighbors.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-12-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Chuck Baldwin is awesome. I wish he would run again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

They seceded because they refused to be milked any further by Northern industrialists, who were expanding their profits at the South's expense. Railroads and canals in the Northern part of the country were almost being exclusively funded by Southern importers. Slavery certainly played a role, but it was never the catalyzing factor. The Morrill Tariff sent the South over the proverbial edge as they wished for a permanent divorce from their Northern neighbors.
    I guess I must be missing something, because when I read primary sources relating to secession from the union I see a lot more references to slavery than tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Chuck Baldwin is awesome. I wish he would run again.
    I actually do to, even though I strongly disagree with him on this issue. I agree with him on almost everything else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast