Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confederate Flag To Come Down in Columbia - *Security Perimeter Established*

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Confederate Flag To Come Down in Columbia - *Security Perimeter Established*

250 feet weapons exclusion zone. Corresponding snipers on roofs adjacent to Statehouse.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

They just rolled up the flag like it was a newspaper.

Crowd singing, "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye". Shameful.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

It's down. Have you noticed all of the difference that it makes yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    But the descendants of those villainous men still live. Our work here is not done. [/s]

+1 rep for South Carolina.

Now more people can see what government can do whenever it takes a notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I've noticed a difference in the number of Confederate flags I'm seeing here in Ohio.

I'd say this was rather prophetic................................. Traditionless and migratory, consuming all in their path....................Sounds like the soulless demons that reside in the coastal metropolises. And yes, I live near one!

Last edited by AuH20; 07-10-2015 at 08:31 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post
    I've noticed a difference in the number of Confederate flags I'm seeing here in Ohio.
    More or less?
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Kind of like the way the ANV used to roll up the flanks of numerically superior Union armies.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    More or less?
    More in the past 2 weeks than I've seen in the past 10 years.

Actually about the only thing they did do right. They did the corner to corner thing forming a triangle - right after they dipped it in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Crowd singing, "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye". Shameful.
    They were chanting USA, USA, USA before that

I'm waiting for the YouTube for the comedy value! It's quite clear that none of those state cops served a day in the military and certainly never were a member of a marching band. "Honor guard" - What a joke!

-t

For so long, as a resident of the North I believed the lies that Lincoln was the Great Emancipator and that the North was morally correct in their crusade. Until I started examining the historical record and discovered to my surprise that I was indeed incorrect in my original assumptions. I never knew that Lincoln has suspended the writ of Habeus Corpus for 13,000 citizens. I never knew Lincoln intentionally goaded South Carolina at Fort Sumter with a convoy of warships. You don't learn these type of critical details, even in parochial school.

Spiritually, despite my geographic location, I have become a confederate at heart.

For so long, as a resident of the North I believed the lies that Lincoln was the Great Emancipator and that the North was morally correct in their crusade. Until I started examining the historical record and discovered to my surprise that I was indeed incorrect in my original assumptions. I never knew that Lincoln has suspended the writ of Habeus Corpus for 13,000 citizens. I never knew Lincoln intentionally goaded South Carolina at Fort Sumter with a convoy of warships. You don't learn these type of critical details, even in parochial school.

Spiritually, despite my geographic location, I have become a confederate at heart.
    ^This is exactly where I am at and have been saying the same thing to friends and family.

This might cheer a few people up. In other flag news, the Confederate flag may have gone down today but at least another flag went up yesterday.

Vladimir Putin's United Russia Party unveils 'straight flag' to rival gay pride symbol
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10377440.html

Does anyone now still think they dont intentionally want to start some sort of conflict within our own borders?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WOW!

http://www.euronews.com/2015/07/09/r...straight-flag/

Looks like US media is totally ignoring this.

-t

But the descendants of those villainous men still live. Our work here is not done. [/s]
    Just wait until they go after the villainous white supremacist American Revolutionaries.

Well you better print it out because it will all be rewritten for the history books.

Same here.

And trying to tell people that the War Between the States was never a Civil War & never about slavery is a mind-blower for all concerned.
    There is no spoon.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I hate this country more every day.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

I'm sure that none of these idiots realize that the US Code specifies that Confederate veterans are to be treated the same as Union veterans:

38 U.S. Code § 1501 - Definitions

(3) The term “Civil War veteran” includes a person who served in the military or naval forces of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War, and the term “active military or naval service” includes active service in those forces.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

If you really want to make people's head spin. Tell them this. The average Confederate soldier was fighting for the values embodied within the Declaration of Independence. Lets' examine the preamble in the DoI.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Just wait until they go after the villainous white supremacist American Revolutionaries.
    DHS has gone on the record several times declaring our founding fathers were "terrorists".

Guess we should rename the 4th as "Homeland pride day" and replace fireworks with confetti.

-t

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As of 2014, there was one Civil War pension being paid to the daughter of a Civil War soldier.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    DHS has gone on the record several times declaring our founding fathers were "terrorists".

Guess we should rename the 4th as "Homeland pride day" and replace fireworks with confetti.

-t
    And lots of pretty feather boas

Attachment 4314

Might be interesting to see if a southern state or city, in response to the high-pressure intimidation campaign to bring down the flag, had the stones to actually run up a second Confederate flag to double down on their commitment to resisting a bullying central government.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

The ghost of Stonewall Jackson lives within............................................ .Kid Rock?!?!?!?

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/20...flag-protests/

They are going to tear down the flag pole too.

-t

Reaction from Dylan Roof forthcoming....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast