Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Radio Station in Charleston WV, WTSQ 88.1

New Radio Station in Charleston WV, WTSQ 88.1

Good news for Charleston and the world, thanks to streaming. WTSQ started broadcasting about 3 weeks ago. Non-profit, community supported radio will officially start on Saturday, but you can hear them now at http://www.wtsq.org

I have already donated a pair of Gates broadcast turntables and will probably try to get a slot, perhaps late night, we will see. I am torn between doing music programming and talk... freedom talk... I've not been on air since ca. 1987. I've learned a lot in the intervening years and probably have enough to say to get me accidentally killed one evening. I cannot decide what to do.

Anyone?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Good news for Charleston and the world, thanks to streaming. WTSQ started broadcasting about 3 weeks ago. Non-profit, community supported radio will officially start on Saturday, but you can hear them now at http://www.wtsq.org

I have already donated a pair of Gates broadcast turntables and will probably try to get a slot, perhaps late night, we will see. I am torn between doing music programming and talk... freedom talk... I've not been on air since ca. 1987. I've learned a lot in the intervening years and probably have enough to say to get me accidentally killed one evening. I cannot decide what to do.

Anyone?
    Can you not do both?
    "The Patriarch"

If your speaking skills are anywhere near your writing skills you should definitely incorporate some freedom talk, just my two cents for what it's worth.
    "The Patriarch"

Anyone?
    Yay! How exciting! Do music, freedom talk, news, and give us a number so we can call in. I will bug you late night. I will probably be a little drunk but I don't get offended when people hang up on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yay! How exciting! Do music, freedom talk, news, and give us a number so we can call in. I will bug you late night. I will probably be a little drunk but I don't get offended when people hang up on me.
    I would hang up on you any day Suz.
    "The Patriarch"

I would hang up on you any day Suz.
    A lot of people do. I'm a drunk dialer.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

A lot of people do. I'm a drunk dialer.
    Oh $#@!, you're one of those people. (note to self, never give Suzanimal phone #)
    "The Patriarch"

I used to call in to the O'Neill Williams hunting and fishing show all the time. I only Woman Williams only let me get on air once or twice but I bumped into him at Ingles one day (he lives near me) and he said he remembered me.

*I'm not really a hunter or fisher but I would get bored in the wee hours of the morning.

http://www.oneilloutside.com/RadioMainPage.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used to call in to the O'Neill Williams hunting and fishing show all the time. I only Woman Williams only let me get on air once or twice but I bumped into him at Ingles one day (he lives near me) and he said he remembered me.

*I'm not really a hunter or fisher but I would get bored in the wee hours of the morning.

http://www.oneilloutside.com/RadioMainPage.html
    I have a lifelong buddy who calls up drunk upon occasion, the problem is that he mumbles bad enough sober but when he's drunk you literally can't understand anything he says.
    "The Patriarch"

I have a lifelong buddy who calls up drunk upon occasion, the problem is that he mumbles bad enough sober but when he's drunk you literally can't understand anything he says.
    LOL! I don't slur unless I'm completely $#@!faced. People don't realize I'm drunk, they just think I'm a crazy person.

LOL! I don't slur unless I'm completely $#@!faced. People don't realize I'm drunk, they just think I'm a crazy person.
    Same here, I have to be completely obliterated before I start slurring my words. They just make less sense as I progress....
    "The Patriarch"

Add bitcoin donate?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Add bitcoin donate?
    There's a launch party tomorrow... should be announced on the stream today. Union Building, Charleston. I will be there with the rest of the crew if anyone is near enough and wants to stop in.

As to doing both... I was thinking just that. That would be a pretty large commitment, though. Perhaps best to start with one and see how that pans out.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

There's a launch party tomorrow... should be announced on the stream today. Union Building, Charleston. I will be there with the rest of the crew if anyone is near enough and wants to stop in.

As to doing both... I was thinking just that. That would be a pretty large commitment, though. Perhaps best to start with one and see how that pans out.

Edit, misunderstood. Thought this was your own station
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Edit, misunderstood. Thought this was your own station
    In a sense, it is.

Can you not do both?
    Apparently, I can. I will have to think on this. Looks like I may have the 4-6 slot on Saturdays, which works for me. I will start w/music and see where it goes. Besides, there is nothing that says I cannot shill for liberty during that time.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently, I can. I will have to think on this. Looks like I may have the 4-6 slot on Saturdays, which works for me. I will start w/music and see where it goes. Besides, there is nothing that says I cannot shill for liberty during that time.
    4-6 AM? Are you going to let people call in? Have you thought of a name for your show?

I would love to call in.

Anyone?
    Speak your piece, consequences be damned!

Looks like I'm on for Saturdays, 4-6 PM.

If anyone is interested, tune in over the web at wtsq.org

For now, music only. We are only 10 days old, officially, and need to keep the supporters we've got. Family-oriented for the moment, but I will look into political talk in a while. Let us see how things go. There are a lot of very cool people involved and I am happy to be part of it. Chances are in any event that I will be tossing out some of my milder political messages, just to get people thinking.

A phone should be in shortly... perhaps by the time I'm on, though we cannot take on-air calls quite yet because we have no delay unit, which is pretty important lest we run afoul of the FCC in which case big trouble can arise. Safe harbor only applies to the wee hours programming.

Im looking forward to Saturday. Tune in if you can.

Looks like I'm on for Saturdays, 4-6 PM.

If anyone is interested, tune in over the web at wtsq.org

For now, music only. We are only 10 days old, officially, and need to keep the supporters we've got. Family-oriented for the moment, but I will look into political talk in a while. Let us see how things go. There are a lot of very cool people involved and I am happy to be part of it. Chances are in any event that I will be tossing out some of my milder political messages, just to get people thinking.

A phone should be in shortly... perhaps by the time I'm on, though we cannot take on-air calls quite yet because we have no delay unit, which is pretty important lest we run afoul of the FCC in which case big trouble can arise. Safe harbor only applies to the wee hours programming.

Im looking forward to Saturday. Tune in if you can.
    Bump this thread every Saturday right before you go on. Its hard to remember to tune into shows.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Congratulations! I would talk about freedom because more people need to hear that message. I did a radio show a couple of years ago, it was lots of fun.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Congratulations! I would talk about freedom because more people need to hear that message. I did a radio show a couple of years ago, it was lots of fun.
    As mentioned, I have barbs to toss but need to be careful because of sponsorship. This all costs $$ to operate and we're only 2 weeks old. Great crew, but that's not enough. Now that I think of it, I may have to go get a clip of Pomp And Circumstance to use as a background sweeper as I toss a barb. Thanks for the idea. I never would have thought of it.

As mentioned, I have barbs to toss but need to be careful because of sponsorship. This all costs $$ to operate and we're only 2 weeks old. Great crew, but that's not enough. Now that I think of it, I may have to go get a clip of Pomp And Circumstance to use as a background sweeper as I toss a barb. Thanks for the idea. I never would have thought of it.
    I definitely understand with regards to sponsorship. You need them to keep afloat and FCC off your back.

I am sure you will have no problem throwing a truth grenade out once in a while.

Best wishes to you and your endeavor.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Very cool. Will try to catch it at the (adjusted) time. should be 1-3 here. I think.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I survived my first broadcast with naught but a single open mic error. There was a program error, but that was Fearless Leader's doing and not mine. I don't know if anyone caught the broadcast but I gave the nod to RPF around 5:45 and tossed a barb. All in all, I'd say it went well and I feel really good... like I'm back in the world once more. Next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Well, I survived my first broadcast with naught but a single open mic error. There was a program error, but that was Fearless Leader's doing and not mine. I don't know if anyone caught the broadcast but I gave the nod to RPF around 5:45 and tossed a barb. All in all, I'd say it went well and I feel really good... like I'm back in the world once more. Next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel.
    Will they have any rebroadcasts of the shows?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Will they have any rebroadcasts of the shows?
    Not at this time, we're not equipped to record, but that stands to change fairly soon.

No problems though... I'll probably do it all again.

I will be on this Sat. @ 4 per usual. Tonight, we will be broadcasting Live From The Levee starting at 6:00. Sunday is Multifest, a yearly event here in Charleston. TSQ will be broadcasting live all day, if I have my information correct. It is a 2-day event and I believe we will be broadcasting all the live acts.

Tune in - wtsq.org or thestatusquo.org

Missed this before -thanks for bumping. Big fan of DIY radio. Mana'o is pretty dear to me.

*off to find a world clock*

Looks like 10:00-midnight for me. That's a great time slot! lol

Good for you Osan. You'll be receiving my request for "I Found A Star On The Ground" shortly.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 08-07-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Listening to WTSQ 88.1 for a while now. Great stuff.

Cowboy Junkies - Crossroads now playing. Where else can you hear that served up?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast