Thread: PPP NC 7/2-7/6 Trump-16,Bush/Walker-12,Huck-11,Rubio/Carson-9,Rand-7

PPP NC 7/2-7/6 Trump-16,Bush/Walker-12,Huck-11,Rubio/Carson-9,Rand-7

Would have liked to see Rand around 10%, but OK for now I guess.

Public Policy Polling surveyed 529 registered voters overall, 288 Republican primary voters, and 286 Democratic primary voters from July 2nd-6th. The margin of error for the overall survey is +/- 4.3%, and for each of the primary subsamples it’s +/-5.8%. 80% of participants responded via the phone, while 20% of respondents who did not have landlines conducted the survey over the Internet.
    http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...e_NC_70815.pdf

The most interesting part of this poll:

The favorability and general election questions were split between R and D's. It is interesting in the Democrats section Rubio, Rand and a few others poll higher than Clinton.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Explains why Rand doesn't spend any time or money here. Nc is a lost cause the people here are very establishment friendly. Only a few pockets of Liberty activists here, in my district we have Walter jones. He is successful by appealing to the pro military crowd. Rand has to find a way to do this here if he wants any chance here in NC

Not the worst news. If you look at vs. Clinton, Rand does a lot better, even beating her. I think Trump and Bush fail at that.

It is still early.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Alot of us in 07' when Ron ran would have killed for the kind of numbers were getting with Rand.....before the first debates even taken place.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2nd choice numbers are important in this case as candidates will start dropping out following Iowa and New Hampshire. Right now things are looking reasonably good for Rand, especially considering that North Carolina is hostile territory, though perhaps not quite as much so as their southern neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    2nd choice numbers are important in this case as candidates will start dropping out following Iowa and New Hampshire. Right now things are looking reasonably good for Rand, especially considering that North Carolina is hostile territory, though perhaps not quite as much so as their southern neighbor.
    I think half of these candidates, Christie and Rubio for example, are hired guns for Bush. And many will not drop out after poor primaries, because they are being paid to stay in. Those are some dirty sleeze bags who can serve as attack dogs on behalf of Bush, as Bush remains out of the fray. It is a foregone conclusion (IMO), Bush is the anointed one chosen by Bilderburg and his Dad's New World Order. Rand is an annoying inconvenience to them at this point.

Unfortunately, North Carolina is comprised of too many ignorant people who pay little or no attention to politics. They will recognize the Bush and Clinton names, and decide immediately believe this is a Bush against Clinton race.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Explains why Rand doesn't spend any time or money here. Nc is a lost cause the people here are very establishment friendly. Only a few pockets of Liberty activists here, in my district we have Walter jones. He is successful by appealing to the pro military crowd. Rand has to find a way to do this here if he wants any chance here in NC
    Give it a little time. NCGOP leadership is very Rand-friendly now and our primary will be relevant for the first time ever. NC is becoming a different animal than previous elections. At the state convention, Rand's table literally ran out of material to hand out. Polls are crap.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Why North Carolina? What's the significance of polling that state now?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    Why North Carolina? What's the significance of polling that state now?
    NC is an early primary state now. In the past, NC was so far at the end of the primary season that the nominee was already anointed....errr decided....by the time we went to the polls. NC was irrelevant.

Having said all that, I wouldn't put it past TPTB to try to push NC to super tuesday or beyond instead of being immediately after SC as originally planned. One of the convention resolutions was to urge the legislature to move the primary date back into a later date range in March so as to not risk "losing" delegates for going "too early". With Rand's support on the ground looking strong, I can see them doing it too.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-09-2015 at 05:31 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Give it a little time. NCGOP leadership is very Rand-friendly now and our primary will be relevant for the first time ever. NC is becoming a different animal than previous elections. At the state convention, Rand's table literally ran out of material to hand out. Polls are crap.
    I don't know I'm pretty confident this poll is dead on as it stands as a snapshot into where people are politically.

All I'm saying is Rand needs to come here and say something that will perk NC ears. He has gone around to black colleges and marijuana parties and college events and geek events. He needs to have something to offer to the people of NC.

Hers some hints- NC loves its military. Fact of life. other things of note that are happening here is the possibility of oil rigs off the coasts. He could do some research on that and pitch his ideas and opinions. Be strong on the issue and make noise, be the first- he will not win everyone but he will perk ears. Another thing is we love our beaches but right now NC is having a very shark infested year. There have been 8 shark attacks since June in NC alone and this is a very very unusual phenomenon. Some beaches are considering or have already banned "shark fishing" and chumming. This has angered a lot of eastern NC who as world class fishing attracts world class fishing experts, they know this does nothing to the current situation of shark attacks. Come here and talk about common sense and freedom to fish. Won't help the poor little girl and boy who in the same day within a couple hours were both attacked by likely the same shark at the same beach and lost limbs. But they will make it.

Local media here is not doing him any favors, RAND CAN WIN here but he will have to work at it.

So as with most things go big or go home, if he doesn't think he can come here and knock it out then no point in bothering. I can't control the news cycle and most here are totally forgetting him.
    Last edited by asurfaholic; 07-09-2015 at 06:24 PM.

So, only 2% of Ben Carson supporters have Rand as their 2nd choice?

Wow, okay, so let's write that one off. What the hell kind of people are supporting Carson?

Nevermind...I know...31% have Huckleberry as their 2nd choice.

So, Bolsheviks for Jesus.

On the other hand, 38% of Cruz supporters have Rand as their 2nd choice (much more than any other candidate).

That's good news.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-09-2015 at 06:40 PM.

I don't know I'm pretty confident this poll is dead on as it stands as a snapshot into where people are politically.

All I'm saying is Rand needs to come here and say something that will perk NC ears. He has gone around to black colleges and marijuana parties and college events and geek events. He needs to have something to offer to the people of NC.

Hers some hints- NC loves its military. Fact of life. other things of note that are happening here is the possibility of oil rigs off the coasts. He could do some research on that and pitch his ideas and opinions. Be strong on the issue and make noise, be the first- he will not win everyone but he will perk ears. Another thing is we love our beaches but right now NC is having a very shark infested year. There have been 8 shark attacks since June in NC alone and this is a very very unusual phenomenon. Some beaches are considering or have already banned "shark fishing" and chumming. This has angered a lot of eastern NC who as world class fishing attracts world class fishing experts, they know this does nothing to the current situation of shark attacks. Come here and talk about common sense and freedom to fish. Won't help the poor little girl and boy who in the same day within a couple hours were both attacked by likely the same shark at the same beach and lost limbs. But they will make it.

Local media here is not doing him any favors, RAND CAN WIN here but he will have to work at it.

So as with most things go big or go home, if he doesn't think he can come here and knock it out then no point in bothering. I can't control the news cycle and most here are totally forgetting him.
    Like I said, there's a lot of time left. I agree Rand should spend some time here but obviously Iowa and NH are much larger priorities at the moment, along with avoiding the $#@! show the media is making of the GOP primary so far. Flying under the radar and avoiding dirt and gaffes (Jeb: Americans need to work more hours) doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Alot of us in 07' when Ron ran would have killed for the kind of numbers were getting with Rand.....before the first debates even taken place.
    I don't see Rand as doing the whole "Ron" thing and saying exactly what he believes even though it might not win him any brownie points.

I understand Carson's appeal, but I'm surprised by the strength and consistency in the polls. What's he doing differently out of everyone else? Is it because he's the only non-politician (besides Trump now)?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Rand has made it clear that he believes that national defense is one of the primary duties of the federal government and his budget proposals reflect that. Has that message reached many of the pro military crowd in your state?

Or are they too caught up in the lies from the chicken-hawk, neoconservative RINOs?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I understand Carson's appeal, but I'm surprised by the strength and consistency in the polls. What's he doing differently out of everyone else? Is it because he's the only non-politician (besides Trump now)?
    Being a non-politician helps Ben, Carly, and Trump. I recently saw a Ben Carson town hall. The super PAC supporting him is spending lots of money. It has a bus in NH. An office in NH. It gives out free books about Carson at regular, non-political events in NH.

People seem to think he has sage advice. He talks about how the nation is falling apart. How he can fix it with a team of the best of the best, in ways that politicians can't. He reminds me of Herman in some ways. For example, he want's a flat 10% personal income tax. That's lower than what any other candidate is calling for, to the best of my knowledge. He wants it that way because that's what God wants.

Seeing Ben in action, it is easy to see why TeaCons and SocialCons support him.

However, he has said so many crazy things. I beleive, if someone spent millions on ads in the early states pointing out the crazy things Ben says, he would be done for. But who will spend the money?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Being a non-politician helps Ben, Carly, and Trump. I recently saw a Ben Carson town hall. The super PAC supporting him is spending lots of money. It has a bus in NH. An office in NH. It gives out free books about Carson at regular, non-political events in NH.

People seem to think he has sage advice. He talks about how the nation is falling apart. How he can fix it with a team of the best of the best, in ways that politicians can't. He reminds me of Herman in some ways. For example, he want's a flat 10% personal income tax. That's lower than what any other candidate is calling for, to the best of my knowledge. He wants it that way because that's what God wants.

Seeing Ben in action, it is easy to see why TeaCons and SocialCons support him.

However, he has said so many crazy things. I beleive, if someone spent millions on ads in the early states pointing out the crazy things Ben says, he would be done for. But who will spend the money?
    Thanks. I forgot about Carly lol
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, only 2% of Ben Carson supporters have Rand as their 2nd choice?

Wow, okay, so let's write that one off. What the hell kind of people are supporting Carson?

Nevermind...I know...31% have Huckleberry as their 2nd choice.

So, Bolsheviks for Jesus.

On the other hand, 38% of Cruz supporters have Rand as their 2nd choice (much more than any other candidate).

That's good news.
    Other polls confirm the same findings.

However, there must be an error somewhere in this poll, (maybe just the chart posted) because Trump is the second choice of 3% of Trump 1st choice voters. (That's an invalid response)

Got an email about this today, NC4RAND, a grassroots project. Looks interesting and says it's unaffiliated with the campaign.

http://www.nc4rand.com

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    His numbers are only going to go up with Carson out there defending Trump and saying "all things are possible, absolutely," when asked if he would make a good running mate. "I have had a chance to associate with him now that I have moved down to Florida."

The media is of course running with Carson/Trump, however I think it would be more likely Trump/Carson.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.