Thread: Rand Paul op-ed: Oppose the Washington Machine Education Bill

Rand Paul op-ed: Oppose the Washington Machine Education Bill

EXCLUSIVE – RAND PAUL: OPPOSE THE WASHINGTON MACHINE EDUCATION BILL

by SEN. RAND PAUL (R-KY)
    8 Jul 201573

I believe that education is the great equalizer, but too often our one-size-fits-all system leaves most kids behind. As someone who has spent a few years in Washington, I can tell you first-hand that there is no monopoly of knowledge here. The Washington Machine should not dictate what happens in our local classrooms. It should be local municipalities, parents, teachers and administrators who make these decisions.

In the years following World War II, America’s educational system was the best in the world, graduating more high school students every year than any other nation in the world.

Today, our education statistics tell another, far more depressing story. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) tests 15-year-old students around the world every three years for proficiency in math, literacy, and science. The results are unacceptable—below average in mathematics in comparison to the other thirty-four OECD countries, and average in science and literacy.

Perhaps even more telling are the results when measured within the United States. Though former Governor Jeb Bush has championed and implemented Common Core policies, Florida students ranked below the U.S. national average.

How did we get to this low point?

read more:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ducation-bill/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Homeschool Win...

Man every single day I am reminded of how AWESOME it is that I homeschool my children... As the mechanical conveyor belt of public education circles the drain, my children are learning more in a single hour of instruction than any public ed teacher could cram in a week...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope