Thread: Summer Cold

Thumbs down Summer Cold

I have a horrible cold. It seems unusual to get so sick in the middle of summer. Anyone else sick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Summer colds suck! Sorry you're feeling bad Suz--hope you feel better soon. Its it allergies or some virus you caught? I'm always so paranoid about catching stuff off grocery carts and doctors offices. When I went to take Suzie in last night--those chairs in that office were just plain nasty. I sat there with my arms crossed because I didn't want to touch anything in there. Always wash my hands when I get home too.

Feel better hon.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Summer colds suck! Sorry you're feeling bad Suz--hope you feel better soon. Its it allergies or some virus you caught? I'm always so paranoid about catching stuff off grocery carts and doctors offices. When I went to take Suzie in last night--those chairs in that office were just plain nasty. I sat there with my arms crossed because I didn't want to touch anything in there. Always wash my hands when I get home too.

Feel better hon.
    Thanks. It's definitely a cold. I think I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm still running a low fever but the snot has finally started coming out and I don't have the horrible sinus headache I had yesterday. I woke up in bed (alone, lol, Mr Animal abandoned me) surrounded by tissues and cough drop wrappers.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Eat peppers, they clear your sinuses and have more vitamin C than oranges.....

Rosehips and hibiscus tea with honey is great. Feel better soon!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Eat peppers, they clear your sinuses and have more vitamin C than oranges.....
    Oh yeah. Mama made me a Mexican omelette for breakfast and loaded it down with peppers. It was nice because I could actually taste it. That may be what busted up my snot.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Rosehips and hibiscus tea with honey is great. Feel better soon!
    I've never seen that. Do you add it to tea or is can you buy it that way. Speaking of tea, I just got some White Tea off Amazon. It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh yeah. Mama made me a Mexican omelette for breakfast and loaded it down with peppers. It was nice because I could actually taste it. That may be what busted up my snot.

I've never seen that. Do you add it to tea or is can you buy it that way. Speaking of tea, I just got some White Tea off Amazon. It's very good.
    They have tea bags.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_51xdvfyio4_e
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

One strain of colds going around here seems to last at least several weeks. Not a typical cold, but not severe either. Skipped right over me, but I have been habitually overdosing on Vitman D3 for years, roughly 4000iu a day. I think I've had maybe 3 colds in 10 years when the average 3 colds per year. Cough that $#@! up if its in your chest, flush your sinuses if its in your nose, and get it out of your system.

Hope you feel better soon!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Over indulge in vitamin C.. seriously.. 1g per hour until either you feel better or have that disaster pants problem. then back down to 1g 4x a day.. amazing crud gone in 2 days process.. that protocol killed mono in my daughter in 3 days .. many years ago.
    It's water soluble so whatever your body doesn't use, you'll pee out.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Not a typical cold, but not severe either. Skipped right over me, but I have been habitually overdosing on Vitman D3 for years, roughly 4000iu a day. I think I've had maybe 3 colds in 10 years when the average 3 colds per year.
    Wait until you have kids; D3 aint no match for those little virus mongers.

As to the OP, some friends of ours that we saw on the 4th had all come down with a bad summer cold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Wait until you have kids; D3 aint no match for those little virus mongers.

As to the OP, some friends of ours that we saw on the 4th had all come down with a bad summer cold as well.
    I take a bunch of D3 and you are correct, children drag home every virus known to mankind. I look like frickin' Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Mr Animal's lovin' it. We're all sick except him and he has the pool to himself.