Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My prayer for a giant coronal mass ejection...

Lightbulb My prayer for a giant coronal mass ejection...

Having observed man's nature for my existence on this ball I have serious doubts that we can “survive” technology. There are so many avenues of destruction I can only imagine a few. There's nuclear destruction and artificial intelligence right at the top. Genetic engineering could result in creation of perils we can only guess at. I'm sure there are many more that I haven't even considered. This 21st century is quite possibly the last for mankind on this earth. Maybe this is the “last days” spoken of in the Bible but I've had serious doubts about all that prophesy stuff since I got burned believing in the “Late Great Planet Earth” in the 70's. These modern day “prophets” are no prophets...

So I've come to whispering a quiet prayer for a cataclysmic coronal mass ejection of such magnitude as to destroy all electronics worldwide. This would blow everyone back to the stone age and we could start over. Yes, many millions (perhaps a billion) would die but I figure that's better than having the whole race wiped out. This event would give a nice “reset” to humanity. Everyone would still have their health, at least initially. Firearms would still work so people can hunt and defend themselves. All “government” functions would cease instantly since all communication would be down. Weapons of war would be rendered useless. Each community would have to work together to survive. Some, I'm sure would melt down and become killing fields but others would start farming with hand tools and trading goods with each other. Those with the most cooperation would prosper, those that choose destruction would disappear. It might give us another 100 years until the planet can again become an electronic marvel ready to self-destruct...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you truly have a sincere desire to cleanse and sterilize the Earth.

Why not just pray for the 'big Kahuna', a massive gamma ray burst aimed directly at us from relatively nearby.

Everyone would still have their health, at least initially.
    Tell that to the people on life support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

A cataclysmic coronal mass ejection might also cause some annoying fatal damage to human cells that results in our demise.

The people living on the other side of the planet will probably be OK if they are somehow shielded by the Earth's mass. So, be sure to take time lag into account. Sixteen minutes should do (at light speed), so evenings may work out safely for you... I’d avoid high noon if instant results are expected. Try to keep the duration of the entire event under twelve hours.

Pray away my friend, but don't forget to also wrap up all your DNA in some sort of tin foil before proceeding...

*notes to self*

Don't drink the koolaide at ChristianAnarchist's party.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

i'd prefer an asteroid the size of the moon...fun times...

why $#@! around?.....i'm on the highway to hell anyway, so lets rock.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 07-05-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Tell that to the people on life support.
    Or the billion(s) who would subsequently die of starvation due to a lack of modern agricultural equipment and logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i'd prefer an asteroid the size of the moon...fun times...

why $#@! around?.....i'm on the highway to hell anyway, so lets rock.

Can I use this for my sig line?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    Can I use this for my sig line?
    sure, but give credit to Bon Scott please.

Well, I have to say my similar prayer is not so grim.

I just wish for one big enough to fry the sat web of surveillance around the globe.

You could join or create a community that operates that way rather than dreaming of forcing the whole world to live the way you think that they should.

Just an idea.

Yes, many millions (perhaps a billion) would die but I figure that's better than having the whole race wiped out. This event would give a nice “reset” to humanity. Everyone would still have their health, at least initially. Firearms would still work so people can hunt and defend themselves. All “government” functions would cease instantly since all communication would be down. Weapons of war would be rendered useless. Each community would have to work together to survive. Some, I'm sure would melt down and become killing fields but others would start farming with hand tools and trading goods with each other. Those with the most cooperation would prosper, those that choose destruction would disappear. It might give us another 100 years until the planet can again become an electronic marvel ready to self-destruct...
    So you think God will approve of your plan and answer your prayer? Wipe out all that life to please you? Didn't the Bible say something like "Whatever you do unto the least of these, that you do unto me." Kill God? Not exactly Christian. (By "race wiped out" I assume you mean the human race).

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-25/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-05-2015 at 04:56 PM.

But let's make it simple- an electronics free month. I challenge you to go an entire month without using a single electric item. No lights. No phone. No TV. No radio. No internet. No cars (they have batteries and electronic ignition- modern cars are mostly computers). No riding on other cars or busses or taxies or trains. No stove- if yours is gas and it doesn't have an electric pilot- OK. No refrigerator. No electrons allowed at all. No debit or credit cards. No electronic banks- cash only. You will be allowed to receive your paycheck in the normal manner. No electronic payments on bills. Mailing checks allowed. Hopefully your water supply does not use electrical pumps.

Note too that wishing for a catastrophy does not mean you escape it. You may be among the dead as well.

I know the world we live in is a complicated mess, but I don't understand the weird attitude people have about modern technology. Either they think it should be tossed out or they feel certain that it will fail someday due to a Solar event or from some kind of EMP based attack on ourselves. Then we'll all starve because computer geeks or service workers have no basic hunting or farming skills.

Maybe this is a legit cause for concern, but I don't want to toss everything out and either live like the Amish or under the rule of an emerging Warlord who accumulates enough weapons and ammo.

Technology and related surveillance tech contributes to us living in a strange world, but it can be a double-edge sword. Average people can be educated and use Tech as well including Drone or Surveillance or even spoof such systems or hack them. When world leaders like David Cameron piss and moan about the peasantry having easy access to Heavy Encryption, that's just one area where the surveillance state is challenged.

Instead of fearing technology, I think if we are educated on how to use it, it can be very empowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    But let's make it simple- an electronics free month. I challenge you to go an entire month without using a single electric item. No lights. No phone. No TV. No radio. No internet. No cars (they have batteries and electronic ignition- modern cars are mostly computers). No riding on other cars or busses or taxies or trains. No stove- if yours is gas and it doesn't have an electric pilot- OK. No refrigerator. No electrons allowed at all. No debit or credit cards. No electronic banks- cash only. You will be allowed to receive your paycheck in the normal manner. No electronic payments on bills. Mailing checks allowed. Hopefully your water supply does not use electrical pumps.

Note too that wishing for a catastrophy does not mean you escape it. You may be among the dead as well.
    I used to live near an Amish community. I did buy eggs from them sometimes and their kids actually seemed in awe of my car. It just seemed sad.

Nothing against farming or anything, I just don't see that need to live like it's the 1800s. $#@! that.

hope you're the first to go, op. you're just as bad as cheney, bush and obama. Fortunately, you live in a make-believe world.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    hope you're the first to go, op. you're just as bad as cheney, bush and obama. Fortunately, you live in a make-believe world.
    I think the same is true for those who hope for a total economic collapse in the belief that utopia will finally ensue. What comes out the other end could be even worse than what we live with today. "And out of the ashes, a Phoenix will rise."

I don't think either will happen.

I think the electronic web will enslave us.

In many ways, it already has.

We are under a level of surveillance that would have been considered intolerable just thirty years ago.

Stop gaps, band aids and "hacks" are not viable solutions, nor are they alternatives.

No one wants to face this technological terror we've created, and because of that, it may end up destroying us.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I know the world we live in is a complicated mess, but I don't understand the weird attitude people have about modern technology. Either they think it should be tossed out or they feel certain that it will fail someday due to a Solar event or from some kind of EMP based attack on ourselves. Then we'll all starve because computer geeks or service workers have no basic hunting or farming skills.

Maybe this is a legit cause for concern, but I don't want to toss everything out and either live like the Amish or under the rule of an emerging Warlord who accumulates enough weapons and ammo.

Technology and related surveillance tech contributes to us living in a strange world, but it can be a double-edge sword. Average people can be educated and use Tech as well including Drone or Surveillance or even spoof such systems or hack them. When world leaders like David Cameron piss and moan about the peasantry having easy access to Heavy Encryption, that's just one area where the surveillance state is challenged.

Instead of fearing technology, I think if we are educated on how to use it, it can be very empowering.

100 year rewind for me would work.

I can make a steam engine work.

I can make a Model T work.

I can navigate with a sextant and hand wound chronometer.

With technology, just like that most democratic of institutions, the market, I am dragged along, sometimes kicking and screaming, by the mob and it's desires.

Thoreau On Technology

http://simplicitycollective.com/thor...-on-technology

What about technology? Must the simple liver indiscriminately renounce it? Thoreau thought that it is certainly better to accept than reject the advantages, though so dearly bought, which the invention and industry of humankind offer – provided, of course, that they are genuine advantages.[1] But he warned that often with these ‘modern improvements’ there is ‘an illusion about them; there is not always a positive advance…. Our inventions are want to be pretty toys, which distract us from serious things. They are an improved means to an unimproved end.’[2] It is all very well to invent or be able to afford some new gadget, Thoreau was saying, but we should look upon new technologies with a measure of scepticism, for however ingenious and marvellous the invention may seem, it will likely have unintended side-effects and even shape who we are as persons, in ways that are not always obvious or positive. Looking to our own day, the television, for example, is a remarkable human achievement, and yet, aside from sleeping and working, the television now consumes more time of the typical North American or Briton than any other activity, and other ‘advanced societies’ watch almost as much.[3] One does not have to be an ‘elitist’ to have doubts about whether this is really the best way to spend our freedom. The point is that if we do not know what to do with technology, then it can be life-debilitating rather than life-enhancing.

Trying to get us to question the purpose of various technologies and whether they actually improve our lives, Thoreau wrote:

We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing important to communicate…. As if the main object were to talk fast and not to talk sensibly. We are eager to tunnel under the Atlantic and bring the Old World some weeks nearer to the New; but perchance the first news that will leak through into the broad, flapping American ear will be that the Princess Adelaide has the whooping cough.[4]
    The problem is that technology is often just there – fascinating, new, socially celebrated, affordable, and available – and it is so easy to fall into the trap of thinking that, since earlier generations did without it, we ‘moderns’/’postmoderns’ must therefore have progressed, that we are necessarily better off. Pernicious nonsense, Thoreau would say. We must show some discrimination in terms of what we choose to celebrate. If some new technology genuinely furthers our life goals and does not distract us from more important activities, then, by all means, we should take advantage of it. But Thoreau warned that all too often – in insidious ways – technology costs more than it comes to.

Two reasons that made Thoreau particularly suspicious of technology were (1) that we have to spend time working to earn money to afford technology, and he wonders whether we might oftener be better off without the technology and with more free time; and (2) that technology tends to distance us from the natural environment and can affect our life experiences for the worse. Both these points are masterfully illustrated in the following passage:

One says to me, “I wonder that you do not lay up money; you love to travel; you might take the cars and go to Fitchburg today and see the country.” But I am wiser than that. I have learned that the swiftest traveler is he that goes afoot. I say to my friend, Suppose we try who will get there first. The distance is thirty miles; the fare ninety cents. That is almost a day’s wages. I remember when wages were sixty cents a day for laborers on this very road. Well, I start now on foot, and get there before night; I have travelled at that rate by the week together. You will in the meanwhile have earned your fare, and arrive there some time tomorrow, or possibly this evening, if you are lucky enough to get a job in season. Instead of going to Fitchburg, you will be working here the greater part of the day. And so, if the railroad reached round the world, I think that I should keep ahead of you; and as for seeing the country and getting experience of that kind, I should have to cut your acquaintance altogether.[5]

Travelling by train might seem to be the most ‘efficient’ way to travel, but Thoreau challenges us to rethink how this new technology affects our experience and what are its full costs, comprehensively defined. And although Thoreau’s example here considers transportation only, the points he makes are generally applicable to all our decisions relating to technology.

To the objection that Thoreau is advocating an unsophisticated primitive existence, the appropriate response is twofold: first, that although he often damned technologies as debilitating luxuries he did not deny that they could also be enabling tools worthy of praise and exploitation; secondly, Thoreau suggested that just perhaps there is a sophistication and elegance to the clothesline, the bicycle, and the water tank, that the dryer, the automobile, and the desalination plant, decidedly lack. Conversely, perhaps there is a certain primitiveness to technological gimmicks. As Leonardo da Vinci once wrote: ‘Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.’
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-05-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Having observed man's nature for my existence on this ball I have serious doubts that we can “survive” technology. There are so many avenues of destruction I can only imagine a few. There's nuclear destruction and artificial intelligence right at the top. Genetic engineering could result in creation of perils we can only guess at. I'm sure there are many more that I haven't even considered. This 21st century is quite possibly the last for mankind on this earth. Maybe this is the “last days” spoken of in the Bible but I've had serious doubts about all that prophesy stuff since I got burned believing in the “Late Great Planet Earth” in the 70's. These modern day “prophets” are no prophets...

So I've come to whispering a quiet prayer for a cataclysmic coronal mass ejection of such magnitude as to destroy all electronics worldwide. This would blow everyone back to the stone age and we could start over. Yes, many millions (perhaps a billion) would die but I figure that's better than having the whole race wiped out. This event would give a nice “reset” to humanity. Everyone would still have their health, at least initially. Firearms would still work so people can hunt and defend themselves. All “government” functions would cease instantly since all communication would be down. Weapons of war would be rendered useless. Each community would have to work together to survive. Some, I'm sure would melt down and become killing fields but others would start farming with hand tools and trading goods with each other. Those with the most cooperation would prosper, those that choose destruction would disappear. It might give us another 100 years until the planet can again become an electronic marvel ready to self-destruct...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post

I agree. Anyone can own a drone--tech war!

I think the same is true for those who hope for a total economic collapse in the belief that utopia will finally ensue. What comes out the other end could be even worse than what we live with today. "And out of the ashes, a Phoenix will rise."
    It's rather apocalyptic and unlikely. This world is a scary place sometimes though.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

HE LIVES HE DIES HE LIVES AGAIN

So you think God will approve of your plan and answer your prayer? Wipe out all that life to please you? Didn't the Bible say something like "Whatever you do unto the least of these, that you do unto me." Kill God? Not exactly Christian. (By "race wiped out" I assume you mean the human race).

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-25/
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And then they will say: But Lord, if had known it was you, we woulda taken you around the corner for a cup of coffee!
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And here I thought that Ted K was in jail
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Yes, I realize that I might be one of the casualties. Worse yet, I realize that my own family might be a casualty. It's not like I'm "preferring" such an event or that I "desire" such an event. The problem is that I see many outcomes to technology and I don't see any likely ones that are going to help us. The most likely outcomes result in the total destruction of the human race. It is only for this reason that I "pray" for a natural event to set us back about 100 years to rethink and maybe relearn some of the basics. (When I say "pray" it's not like a formal on my knees prayer - just a silent acknowledgment that this is a better end result for mankind).

I'm certainly not one who does not understand technology or like technology. I have a 3d printer. My background includes programming, CNC machining, building my own computers, buying and playing with all the new tech toys. I actually LOVE technology. I also am not stupid and know the evil that men can do. Two world wars, Vietnam, Iraq, torture, "governments" (gangs) out of control and drunk with power... Do I really need to go on? I'm sure most everyone here understands what I'm saying about the threats to humanity. I don't hear anyone coming up with a solution that includes technology that does not result in a future nuclear holocaust or biological bug to kill us all. As long as we possess the "technology" it's only a matter of time until we have some goon "push the button" and we all die... I don't see any solution other than take away the option of "buttons". Certainly it is not in my power to "remove buttons" so I have to leave that to God, or fate, or whatever you want to call it. Until the buttons are gone, we all risk total destruction at some unknown point in our future...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Yes, I realize that I might be one of the casualties. Worse yet, I realize that my own family might be a casualty. It's not like I'm "preferring" such an event or that I "desire" such an event. The problem is that I see many outcomes to technology and I don't see any likely ones that are going to help us. The most likely outcomes result in the total destruction of the human race. It is only for this reason that I "pray" for a natural event to set us back about 100 years to rethink and maybe relearn some of the basics. (When I say "pray" it's not like a formal on my knees prayer - just a silent acknowledgment that this is a better end result for mankind).

I'm certainly not one who does not understand technology or like technology. I have a 3d printer. My background includes programming, CNC machining, building my own computers, buying and playing with all the new tech toys. I actually LOVE technology. I also am not stupid and know the evil that men can do. Two world wars, Vietnam, Iraq, torture, "governments" (gangs) out of control and drunk with power... Do I really need to go on? I'm sure most everyone here understands what I'm saying about the threats to humanity. I don't hear anyone coming up with a solution that includes technology that does not result in a future nuclear holocaust or biological bug to kill us all. As long as we possess the "technology" it's only a matter of time until we have some goon "push the button" and we all die... I don't see any solution other than take away the option of "buttons". Certainly it is not in my power to "remove buttons" so I have to leave that to God, or fate, or whatever you want to call it. Until the buttons are gone, we all risk total destruction at some unknown point in our future...

Have a good day!

Cheer up!

Hang in there.

http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-law-of...rating-returns

The Bad News: The odds on the human race are, 8 to 5 against.

The Good News: Those have always been the odds.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-06-2015 at 08:48 AM.

But let's make it simple- an electronics free month.
    OK, a fine idea.

I challenge you to go an entire month without using a single electric item. Hopefully your water supply does not use electrical pumps. No stove- if yours is gas and it doesn't have an electric pilot- OK.
    Electronic =/= electrical.

No lights. No phone. No TV. No radio. No internet.
    You can have lights, just not the rest. Actually, technically, you could have phone and radio, just non-electronic versions.
    modern cars are mostly computers.
    Not.
    No riding on other cars or busses or taxies or trains. No refrigerator.
    It's possible to build working refrigerator that uses no electricity, did you know that? It's a technology fork we didn't happen to take.
    No electrons allowed at all.
    All atoms have electrons, Zippy, and, in case you hadn't heard, pretty much all matter is made up of atoms. Honestly, this is getting embarrassing for you. I need a more exasperated-looking eye-rolling smiley.

Having an electronics-free month could be as simple as going on an extended campout. Which can be quite refreshing.

You wouldn't want to do it all the time, any more than you'd want to live without your reality-overlay computer contact lenses or your body-maintainance nano-bots. But a break can be a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    HE LIVES HE DIES HE LIVES AGAIN

What a perfect video clip for the conversation at hand.

For an hour, a solid hour, I was in a movie theater sitting jaw agape because there was something happening on screen which was resurrecting a piece of my childhood and not actively $#@!ting all over it.

I've become pretty accustomed to that over the last 15 years. I've never seen the Lord of the Rings movies past the first one, I've never seen SW episode III... it just got to the point where I wasn't going to sit still while some money-grubbing jackass squatted over the theater seat and squirted diarrhea in my hair.

Ah, but Fury Road - here was proof that it didn't have to be that way!!! For a solid hour!!!

Some of you may be noticing right now that the run time on that film is 120 minutes.
    It crept in slowly at first. A little whiff of something off at the 1 hour mark. Was it just a fart? Wait, there's another... if that was a fart, it was a wet fart.
    Then at around the 100 minute mark we started getting the perfectly in-focus guitar careening toward the camera during a slow-motion accident.
    And I realized something wet and stinky was slowly dripping down my bangs.

I secretly hope that most of the people involved with that movie realized that they were waxing up Fonzie's skis. That they hated it, but had to do it anyway.

It's the exact same with technology.
    Are you right that it's taking over our lives? Yes.
    Would it be nice if someone did something about it? Yes.

But how long would it last, really? An hour? That one Mad Max Fury Road hour?

You'd get a brief reprieve, maybe lasting into a third or fourth month. But that's it.
    It's not possible to live without this stuff anymore. It's just not going to last.

When someone makes a great action movie without $#@!ty suspension-of-disbelief-smashing CGI in it, and gets masses of people to go to it and love it, I'll consider it possible for society to live without technology for any length of time.

Until then, well, you better hope the CME takes out all the factories too, and everything in a concrete basement that would have been shielded, etc, etc. Because unless it does, it's all starting right back up.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Snake would agree with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast