Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Perry meanders his way to a Rand Paul rally

Wink Rick Perry meanders his way to a Rand Paul rally

Funny photo for this July 4th holiday.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He looks like he is curious.

Rand Paul ? What state is he from ?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    He looks like he is curious.
    Probably trying to figure out how to convert them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Maybe he's aiming for that VP spot or he's trying to learn from Paul?

I saw a picture on Facebook with Perry similarly running into Graham and his supporters.

I saw a picture on Facebook with Perry similarly running into Graham and his supporters.
    Photoshop ?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Photoshop ?
    No. I will try to find it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Probably trying to figure out how to convert them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Maybe he's aiming for that VP spot or he's trying to learn from Paul?
    No, he wanted Rand to tell his dad that he finally remembered the names of those 3 departments he wanted to cut.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I think he was just lost and needed directions, probably to his own campaign stop. lol

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    No, he wanted Rand to tell his dad that he finally remembered the names of those 3 departments he wanted to cut.
    No...five!

Ron's line was actually the best part of the oops moment.

It was the Merrimack 4th of July town parade and Perry's people were situated just behind Rand's contingent. So when they lined up, they were nearby. Also, we were "reaching out" and saying "Hi", too. Just small talk, for the most part.

No...five!

Ron's line was actually the best part of the oops moment.
    And he didn't say a word!

Best debate line since, 'It's the economy, stupid,' and he didn't say a word!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post

Funny photo for this July 4th holiday.
    Needs moar corndog!
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-05-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    It was the Merrimack 4th of July town parade and Perry's people were situated just behind Rand's contingent. So when they lined up, they were nearby. Also, we were "reaching out" and saying "Hi", too. Just small talk, for the most part.
    Exactly. Half of the GOP presidential candidates were in NH marching in 1 or 2 of the Independence Day parades.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He got lost looking for his own Perry rally.

i realize he's a RINO...and I am probably going to sound like a homer for this.

But, for a general election, I dont think he would be such a bad VP pick (perry). He's got the charisma and character like trump does that people like...doesnt take any BS. And, as VP, he's just a figure head so it neuters him of doing anything destructive really.

just a thought.
    Last edited by 65fastback2+2; 07-07-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    i realize he's a neocon...and I am probably going to sound like a homer for this.

But, for a general election, I dont think he would be such a bad VP pick (perry). He's got the charisma and character like trump does that people like...doesnt take any BS. And, as VP, he's just a figure head so it neuters him of doing anything destructive really.

just a thought.
    How is Perry a neocon by any stretch?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Needs moar corndog!
    LOL. That was funny. Bachman as well.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    How is Perry a neocon by any stretch?
    any governor, that makes gardasil required by law, because their family is getting paid, and then when the state congress passes a law to reject the requirement and he vetoes it....thats neocon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-per...-back-in-2007/

neocon alllll the way

any governor, that makes gardasil required by law, because their family is getting paid, and then when the state congress passes a law to reject the requirement and he vetoes it....thats neocon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-per...-back-in-2007/

neocon alllll the way
    Neoconservatism is a worldview held by a small group of people who believe in re-making the world in our image, by any means necessary. Has nothing to do with mandating drugs, or drugs at all. That's called authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Neoconservatism is a worldview held by a small group of people who believe in re-making the world in our image, by any means necessary filling the coffers of the military industrial complex.

i realize he's a neocon...and I am probably going to sound like a homer for this.

just a thought.
    But remember we're trying to not get assassinated.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Neoconservatism is a worldview held by a small group of people who believe in re-making the world in our image, by any means necessary. Has nothing to do with mandating drugs, or drugs at all. That's called authoritarianism.
    its not till my 4th cup of coffee on day two, did I realize I meant RINO lol. DERP.

i realize he's a RINO...and I am probably going to sound like a homer for this.

just a thought.
    He won't fly with Dems.

I've come around to favoring Amash as a VP pick.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    He won't fly with Dems.

I've come around to favoring Amash as a VP pick.
    well, having talked with thomas about it before, if Amash has the same general thoughts (which I suspect)...then they both know they're more needed in congress rather than VP. thomas has already said he wouldnt do it, and that he wouldnt probably even take paul's senate seat because the most important position that can help a president paul is in the house.

Perry : Psst. What's this li-ber-ty y'all keep hollerin bout?

Perry is totally a neocon too, though. Have we already forgotten that he joined the other establishment attack dogs in smearing Rand as isolationist?
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/14/ra...at-rick-perry/
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast