Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Age 3 — Transitioning From Jack To Jackie

At Age 3 — Transitioning From Jack To Jackie

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/...jack-to-jackie

Quote Originally Posted by NPR
    What would you do if your 3-year-old son told you assuredly that he wanted to be a girl? An Oakland, Cali. couple told their child it was OK, and a sad boy become a joyful little girl.

"It was May 15, 2014, and I remember the date because Jackie was out of school that day," she says. "We drove to drop her older sister off at kindergarten. And normally Jackie is quite happy and content to hang out with me and play."

Jackie was 3 then, and she was called Jack. Glancing into the backseat of her car, Mary noticed something different.

"Jackie just looked really, really sad; sadder than a 3-and-a-half-year-old should look," Carter says. "This weight that looked like it weighed more than she did, something she had to say and I didn't know what that was.

"So I asked. I said, 'Jackie, are you sad that you're not going to school today?' And Jackie was really quiet and put her head down and said 'No, I'm sad because I'm a boy.' "
    Your tax dollars funded this happy Fourth of July story.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just shoot me already.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

We used to treat mental illness with electroshock therapy. Now we just smile and say it's ok.

How on Earth do these people find each other? If I had ever decided that I was going to dress one of our kids as a girl, my husband would have manned up.
    Last edited by angelatc; 07-04-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    We used to treat mental illness with electroshock therapy. Now we just smile and say it's ok.
    A 3 year old saying he wants to be a girl is not what I'd consider a mental illness. Just a stage. A confused one.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    A 3 year old saying he wants to be a girl is not what I'd consider a mental illness. Just a stage. A confused one.
    Sure. I remember when I wished I was a boy so I could pee outside. But it was the parents that I was referring to.

Nobody ever asked why.

It occurs to me that the marketplace values girls way more than it does boys. I have an adult daughter. When she gave birth to her first child, a boy, well, that's when reality hit me. Walk into any children's clothing store. It is awash in pink. The boys' clothes are crammed over into a corner with a token bit of blue. The vast majority of the store will be about girls.

Daughter and I are doggedly feminine, but we like and respect men. We do not like it that girls are taught to be consumers, and that their parents' and grandparents' highest aim in life is to buy them something new. Princess and sexy. I don't blame a boy for wanting his share of the attention.

Ever watch Say Yes to the Dress? Where's the show where men celebrate a man being a man and getting married?

I'm going to save the rest of the rant.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-04-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

How on Earth do these people find each other? If I had ever decided that I was going to dress one of our kids as a girl, my husband would have manned up.
    This is why the homogenization of society isn't going to work....

I don't want to electro shock anybody but I don't want my kid exposed to this $#@! either.

Just shoot me already.
    Here ya go...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Here ya go...

I knew I could count on you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

No no, you just suffering under patriarchal delusions and your white privilege.

This young girl stuck in gross boy's body needs taxpayer funded gender re-assignment STAT.

I knew I could count on you.
    Happy to be of assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Happy to be of assistance.
    When people like you get me down, I just dig out one of my many favorite videos:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Nobody ever asked why.

It occurs to me that the marketplace values girls way more than it does boys. I have an adult daughter. When she gave birth to her first child, a boy, well, that's when reality hit me. Walk into any children's clothing store. It is awash in pink. The boys' clothes are crammed over into a corner with a token bit of blue. The vast majority of the store will be about girls.

Daughter and I are doggedly feminine, but we like and respect men. We do not like it that girls are taught to be consumers, and that their parents' and grandparents' highest aim in life is to buy them something new. Princess and sexy. I don't blame a boy for wanting his share of the attention.

Ever watch Say Yes to the Dress? Where's the show where men celebrate a man being a man and getting married?

I'm going to save the rest of the rant.
    My rant would be more about how freaking demeaning it is see a Bruce Jenner lumbering around in a dress and be told he's a woman, too.

From the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders:

Quote Originally Posted by DSM IV
    For clinically referred children, onset of cross-gender interests and activities is usually between ages 2 and 4 years, and some parents report that their child has always had cross-gender interests. Only a very small number of children with Gender Identity Disorder will continue to have symptoms that meet criteria for Gender Identity Disorder in later adolescence or adulthood. Typically, children are referred around the time of school entry because of parental concern that what they regarded as a phase does not appear to be passing. Most children with Gender Identity Disorder display less overt cross-gender behaviors with time, parental intervention, or response from peers. By late adolescence or adulthood, about three-quarters of boys who had a childhood history of Gender Identity Disorder report a homosexual or bisexual orientation, but without concurrent Gender Identity Disorder. Most of the remainder report a heterosexual orientation, also without concurrent Gender Identity Disorder. The corresponding percentages for sexual orientation in girls are not known. some adolescents may develop a clearer cross-gender identification and request sex-reassignment surgery or may continue in a chronic course of gender confusion or dysphoria.
    Over 85% of all children suffering from 'gender dysphoria' grew out of it by the time they became adults.

Of the remaining percentage, the majority became homosexual, and a only a very tiny portion remained as transgendered.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
    Both with a buck and a quarter
    Jill came down with two-fifty
    That $#@!ing whore
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Ah, my beloved hometown. Not surprised rgar these mental cases are in the Bay Area. Leftists don't care what their social experiments to do children. This kid will be on testosterone blockers in ten years, and probably end up killing themselves like that little boy who was raised as a girl because the doctors botched his circumcision and destroyed his penis.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure. I remember when I wished I was a boy so I could pee outside. But it was the parents that I was referring to.
    lol! I had the same 'condition,' my mom yelled at me when she caught me peeing in the toilet backwards like a boy.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

But don't you really miss the days when we used to treat 'em with lobotomies? Electroshock therapy is for sissies.

Can you imagine being this boy at age 12 or 13 after your parents have spent the last several years pumping you with estrogen and dressing you up as a girl? These parents should be imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    lol! I had the same 'condition,' my mom yelled at me when she caught me peeing in the toilet backwards like a boy.
    That is no surprise.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    But don't you really miss the days when we used to treat 'em with lobotomies? Electroshock therapy is for sissies.
    Thank jesus we simply take children away from their parents now. We've evolved so much.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Can you imagine being this boy at age 12 or 13 after your parents have spent the last several years pumping you with estrogen and dressing you up as a girl? These parents should be imprisoned.
    You won't catch me calling for imprisoning them.

Nor will you catch me advocating that government take their child.

There are lots of screwed up people raising children, all I ask for is to not have my child forcibly subjected to them.

By calling for government intervention in their lives I would give tacit approval for them to intervene in my life...

Not something I'm comfortable with....

That is no surprise.
    Give me back my panties and we'll talk.

These parents only looked at him in the back seat. They did not even bother to have a conversation about why he didn't like being a boy. They never considered what happened right before that or put this sadness in any kind of context. This is just the dumbest thing ever. They have allowed a 3yo to determine their parenting for the next 15 years based on one day of perceived sadness. It never occurred to them to change their focus.

Maybe he is a child that needs more hugs. He observed girls getting more hugs and he thought being a girl would give him what he needed. Clueless parenting.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-04-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You won't catch me calling for imprisoning them.

Nor will you catch me advocating that government take their child.

There are lots of screwed up people raising children, all I ask for is to not have my child forcibly subjected to them.

By calling for government intervention in their lives I would give tacit approval for them to intervene in my life...

Not something I'm comfortable with....
    I was exaggerating. But I do think that what they are doing is a real crime. That young person's life is destroyed.

These parents only looked at him in the back seat. They did not even bother to have a conversation about why he didn't like being a boy. They never considered what happened right before that or put this sadness in any kind of context. This is just the dumbest thing ever. They have allowed a 3yo to determine their parenting for the next 15 years based on one day of perceived sadness. It never occurred to them to change their focus.

Maybe he is a child that needs more hugs. He observed girls getting more hugs and he thought being a girl would give him what he needed. Clueless parenting.
    That could explain HB.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I would like to see a spatial analysis of these cases. Looking at the parent's reaction to Jack's request, cultural differences in response to these sorts of requests are likely to play a huge role in the individual's decision to transition, how to transition, how far to go, etc. In some families, it's perfectly acceptable to do things associated with the opposite gender (e.g. a little girl wearing blue, a little boy playing with dolls, etc.) without having to "transition" to the opposite gender. At 3-years-old, few children have a developed understanding of what it means to be male or female, beyond what toy stores, commercials, etc. push on them.

I also think it's interesting that many of the transgender individuals transition to the most stereotypical social construct of their opposite gender. For example: the men that transition to women are almost always fashionistas who are always dressed to the nines and wear heavy makeup. The vast majority of their lifestyle isn't necessarily gendered, and would be accepted as either male or female. Physical appearance is where the bulk of their "transition" occurs. It's almost as if they are just desiring a gendered appearance that is nothing more than a construct brought on by the market and society.

Going off my first paragraph, a spatial analysis would be particularly interesting, as it appears there is a spatial dependency on these sorts of decisions. Gender is social construct and also heavily influenced by the market. What The need to transition is also largely socially constructed and relatively new (now that we have cosmetic surgery and medical professionals trained in hormone therapy for transgendered individuals.) This wasn't here years ago nor is it present or accepted in other places in the world.

This is just the dumbest thing ever. They have allowed a 3yo to determine their parenting for the next 15 years based on one day of perceived sadness. It never occurred to them to change their focus.
    My thoughts exactly.

Wow, the PTSB seem to really be pushing transgenderism lately. They're working really hard to try to normalize it and change public opinion, that is obvious to me.

The like/dislike ratio on that video restores my faith in humanity.

Btw, transhumanism is next, that's my prediction. Actually, they've already been promoting that, but I think we'll be hearing a lot more about it as times goes on.

If gender is fluid and people should be allowed to transition back and forth, why the need for medical intervention? If it is something we should choose based on a feeling, why do doctors inject hormones and do surgery? Why are we required to pay for this medical intervention (for prisoners, of all people) if it simply a choice and we can self-determine what we are?
    #NashvilleStrong

This is so dumb. There are plenty of little girls out there who have said they wished they were boys when the weren't allowed to do certain boy things. I remember hearing it from one when I was little, she didn't know what she was saying. She just wanted to be allowed to go and play outdoor sports with the boys. Thankfully her parents didn't decide to try to turn her into something she wasn't when she said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast