Thread: Which is the bigger tyranny?

Which is the bigger tyranny?

The Fed of the NSA? Which is more difficult to challenge?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know. But I do know this. If the NSA could not exist, or even if it could not be the size it is, if it weren't for the Fed, then I'd prefer (presuming the odds being equal of success) to take down the Fed. Because the NSA is not the only evil it is enabling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    FED. FED has no competition while NSA is engaged in power struggle with other spook agencies.

Which is the bigger tyranny?
    The Fed.

The Fed is what makes things like the NSA possible (along with all the other appurtenances of the welfare-warfare state).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Fed.

The Fed is what makes things like the NSA possible (along with all the other appurtenances of the welfare-warfare state).
    I do not think NSA needs the FED. Their budget is a chump change compared to the FED assets. There might be a link but it is tenuous at best.

A better question would be FED vs MIC.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I do not think NSA needs the FED. Their budget is a chump change compared to the FED assets. There might be a link but it is tenuous at best.
    And exactly the same thing could be said about any one organization or agency. No single one of them, taken by itself, "needs" the Fed.

But without the Fed (or something like it), a lot of hard decisions would have to be made about whether to keep this, that or the other agency or program around - and even the ones that were kept would have significantly less wherewithal at their disposal. That is why I said, "The Fed is what makes things like the NSA possible (along with all the other appurtenances of the welfare-warfare state)." This is why the Fed is the bigger problem. It is one of the foundation stones that those other things have been erected upon.

A better question would be FED vs MIC.
    The answer would still be the Fed - for exactly the same reason. (And AFAIAC, the MIC includes the NSA.)

Both are just as bad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know but probably they are intertwined

Why do it matter?

SCREW TYRANNY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Why do it matter?

SCREW TYRANNY!
    Without the FED the rest could not exist, except under circumstances where a power central bank has it's tentacles in your enemy. I.E. A powerful central bank is not a symptom but rather the disease.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

follow the money to tyranny and it will take you the effin Federal Reserve...

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Whose face is that next to Billy Kristol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I kept misreading the title and thought it said Which is the bigger tranny?.

My answers are the Fed and RuPaul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I kept misreading the title and thought it said Which is the bigger tranny?.

My answers are the Fed and RuPaul.
    tyranny and Ron Paul?....wait....oh...the tranny. You mean tranny, not tyranny right?

more bloody m's...i'm not thinking clearly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    tyranny and Ron Paul?....wait....oh...the tranny. You mean tranny, not tyranny right?

more bloody m's...i'm not thinking clearly yet.
    I dunno. Now you have me confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I dunno. Now you have me confused.
    i hear that a lot...

Feds, of course. They created the NSA and pay their salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Whose face is that next to Billy Kristol?
    Nathaniel Philip Victor James "Nat" Rothschild
    Last edited by timosman; 07-08-2015 at 08:17 PM.

What Tulsa and Banana said. Fed makes it all possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    What Tulsa and Banana said. Fed makes it all possible.
    NSA would exist even without the FED. The government would appropriate money for them hell or high water.

Without that which the Fed provides, NSA does not function.

You should be able to take it from there.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

NSA would exist even without the FED. The government would appropriate money for them hell or high water.
    And in order to do that without (something like) the Fed, they'd have to withhold equivalent appropriations from some other department or program.

But with the Fed, they don't have that problem - they can fund all and sundry. That is why the Fed is the bigger problem.