Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peace Through Religion?

Ah well. I'm going to a bar-b-que. I hope you aren't here when I visit the forum again. You're like school in the summer time. No class...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    Ah well. I'm going to a bar-b-que. I hope you aren't here when I visit the forum again. You're like school in the summer time. No class...
    Your objection in this thread has been worthless and petty. But I do hope that you are here the next time I am because I like interacting with all kinds of people.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Well, that's your problem. You aren't listening to what the other side is saying, which is the thing you accuse me of doing. That's hypocrisy.
    You are the one who seems to be deaf. He and I are saying the same thing. You ignore me and quote him because you feel he leaves you more room to wriggle out of this. You accuse him of editing out part of your posts, but you are ten times as selective in what you deign to consider from the other side.

Now, please continue to tell us all about everyone's hypocrisy but your own. You are without sin in your own mind. Chuck those stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You are the one who seems to be deaf. He and I are saying the same thing. You ignore me and quote him because you feel he leaves you more room to wriggle out of this. You accuse him of editing out part of your posts, but you are ten times as selective in what you deign to consider from the other side.

Now, please continue to tell us all about everyone's hypocrisy but your own. You are without sin in your own mind. Chuck those stones.
    I have sins. The difference between me and you is that I trust fully in Christ's perfect works on my behalf, and you believe in your own works.

I have sins. The difference between me and you is that I trust fully in Christ's perfect works on my behalf, and you believe in your own works.
    You do love to tell me what I believe. You seldom show any signs that you've listened to what I've said about my beliefs, and you never show any signs of having taken the time to understand what I've said about my beliefs. But that doesn't slow you down a bit when you feel a whim to tell me what they are.

Let's turn this game around, shall we? The difference between me and you is that I believe my faith requires me to try to put down my worldly pride and desires and listen not to my worldly brain but to the voice of God in my heart--which also requires me to put myself in another's shoes and walk around in them. You trust fully that you were chosen from before birth, therefore your sins don't matter no matter how much they hurt others, and the fact that Jesus is more powerful than you exempts you from even trying to meet Him halfway by learning to empathize with others.

There, now. I treated you as you treated me. Is that how you wished to be treated? Were you obeying the Golden Rule when you treated me that way? If not, then why has Jesus not 'fixed' you yet? Could it be because He doesn't work that way?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    You know, maybe he is right. Maybe God is causing him to be here, doing what he does.

If you were God, and you wanted a pearl, and you (for whatever reason) did not want to be heard ordering an oyster to make a pearl or seen sticking an irritant into an oyster, what would you do?

Perhaps you would convince an irritant that it is his duty to destroy that oyster. Perhaps you would fill that irritant with an overwhelming desire to invade that oyster.

It's a shame that the irritant can never enjoy the beauty of the pearl from its vantage point inside. But can an irritant enjoy such beauty anyway?

The subforum has produced some pearls. You have to dig through a lot of irritation to find them, but they are there. And, no, the irritant cannot claim any credit at all for that; the oyster did it. But if the irritant were not there, would the oyster have gone to the trouble?

Every Christian has an agenda that supercedes liberty. If they didn't, they wouldn't be Christians. Political liberty is an idol and no Christian can worship an idol.
    ...and therein lies the rub, dear Sola.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    ...and therein lies the rub, dear Sola.
    What rub? When you face God on the last day, do you think he is going to ask you what your political views were?

Or is He going to call you to account for your own sins done against Him and other people?

What hope do you have other than Christ's blood which can propitiate God's wrath against you? Do you have hope in anarchism or deontology?

We're talking about the most important things to a man's soul here.

What rub? When you face God on the last day, do you think he is going to ask you what your political views were?

Or is He going to call you to account for your own sins done against Him and other people?

What hope do you have other than Christ's blood which can propitiate God's wrath against you? Do you have hope in anarchism or deontology?

We're talking about the most important things to a man's soul here.
    I think he will call us into account for how we behave toward others. It's probably not okay to misuse a free forum (someone's private property) to berate and belittle other people. If the message is so important, start a blog.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I think he will call us into account for how we behave toward others. It's probably not okay to misuse a free forum (someone's private property) to berate and belittle other people. If the message is so important, start a blog.
    Berate and belittle? No, I've never done that. I don't think that is acceptable to do to anyone and I wouldn't so it. If I see someone doing that on the boards, I am the first one to defend the one being belittled.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do people spam the Good News all over hospitality management fora?
    -Albert Camus

Do people spam the Good News all over hospitality management fora?
    No, I'm sure there is some law against that.

howzabout common courtesy?
    -Albert Camus

howzabout common courtesy?
    Are you asking me how my faith intersects with my particular business?

Berate and belittle? No, I've never done that. I don't think that is acceptable to do to anyone and I wouldn't so it. If I see someone doing that on the boards, I am the first one to defend the one being belittled.
    //

You illogical moron.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

But you have started half a dozen threads on the very same topic here on a free, privately-owned forum. How is that an appropriate expression of your faith and fair use of the forums?
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    //
    Well, what the occasion of that? Was I bullying somebody, or giving something back that I was receiving?

But you have started half a dozen threads on the very same topic here on a free, privately-owned forum. How is that an appropriate expression of your faith and fair use of the forums?
    Who determines what is an "appropriate expression of faith"?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You might as well say that Christians have an agenda that supersedes peace. Perhaps they do. But that agenda is not Jesus' agenda. And that makes it awfully hard to argue that it's a Christian agenda.
    What is Jesus' "agenda"? World peace?

Who determines what is an "appropriate expression of faith"?
    In a public setting, nobody. This is not a public setting. It is a privately owned forum.
    #NashvilleStrong

In a public setting, nobody. This is not a public setting. It is a privately owned forum.
    Well, who here does it? And whoever does it, do they want to silence voices of faith in the liberty movement? That's a huge mistake...
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 07-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Well, what [was] the occasion of that?
    Follow the little blue arrowhead ...

Was I bullying somebody,
    You were berating/belittling someone (me, in that particular case).

And that is something you just told us you have never done and never would do:
    Berate and belittle? No, I've never done that. I don't think that is acceptable to do to anyone and I wouldn't [d]o it. If I see someone doing that on the boards, I am the first one to defend the one being belittled.
    or [was I] giving something back that I was receiving?
    No. You were responding to a post by me in which you had "received" absolutely nothing in the way of bullying, berating, or belittling (or any other kind of insulting boorishness - unless you wish to define "saying something you don't like" as a kind of insulting boorishness).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-04-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Follow the little blue arrowhead ...

You were berating/belittling someone (me, in that particular case).

And that is something you just told us you have never done and never would do:

No. You were responding to a post by me in which you had "received" absolutely nothing in the way of bullying, berating, or belittling (or any other kind of insulting boorishness - unless you wish to define "saying something you don't like" as a kind of insulting boorishness).

Well, can you post the link?

Well, who here does it? And whoever does it, do they want to silence voices of faith in the liberty movement? That's a huge mistake...
    So you consider yourself a voice of faith in the liberty movement? Why are you not out in the public being a voice of faith in the movement? This is a privately owned discussion forum.
    #NashvilleStrong

Well, can you post the link?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...35#post5124835

That was a little overboard on my part. I apologize. But you didn't understand that the tree in your backyard is perishable and contingent. And for truth to be truth, it cannot be perishable or contingent.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was a little overboard on my part. I apologize.
    More than a little, actually. But I accept your apology. Thank you.

But you didn't understand that the tree in your backyard is perishable and contingent. And for truth to be truth, it cannot be perishable or contingent.
    And as I explained later in that other thread, the contingency of "a tree in my backyard" was not germane to the particular point I was trying to make. You could replace the contingent "tree in my backyard" with anything non-contingent (such as "truth") and my point would have remained the same.

But I have no desire to rehash that issue. My only point here (in post #45 above) has been accomplished.

Yeah well since when weren't Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhists and atheists not a thorn in each others sides. This is exactly the way Jesus said it would be and that "world peace" is not what His purpose on earth was and that His word--being the "sword" would be the very thing that divides us all from each other. Why don't people who call themselves Christians understand this.

Jesus has called us to be peaceful and loving in our witness to others, but never that peace and love would always be the result of that same witness, but quite the opposite because the world is evil in nature. Hence what we're seeing today--the persecution against the Church of God and Christ.

So the world through secular government forces people to violate their beliefs in the name of "peace"--hence freedom and liberty is lost in the quest for secular world peace. Ironic isn't it.

This peace and tolerance thing forces people to violate their own conscience by forcing them to practice something their belief absolutely prohibits and contradicts it.

If their civil rights don't infringe upon mine by forcing me to live and do something that goes against my own conscience---I have no problem with them being free to live as they choose, but don't walk into my church and tell me how I'm going to worship my Lord and God and practice that as well.
    Last edited by Terry1; 07-04-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12