Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Study clearly provides evidence that water fluoridation is clearly scandaleous

Study clearly provides evidence that water fluoridation is clearly scandaleous

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eat your Damn toxic metal $#@! and shut up....the state likes stupid sick mundanes because they all need to be taken care of by the state.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Gee, and we've all been drinking that, government mandated, crap for over 60+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Gee, and we've all been drinking that, government mandated, crap for over 60+ years.
    How about those unapproved red tablets they made school kids chew?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Are those connected at all with the 'take the red pill' meme?

It's probably best to not get me started on any of this stuff. GRRRRR!

Those "unapproved red tablets" aren't fluoride, Einstein. They're made from a vegetable dye and they color the plaque on your teeth so you can see where you're missing.

But by all means - tell us who should be "approving " them? Which government agency are you advocating for today?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Those "unapproved red tablets" aren't fluoride, Einstein. They're made from a vegetable dye and they color the plaque on your teeth so you can see where you're missing.

But by all means - tell us who should be "approving " them? Which government agency are you advocating for today?
    Really? You need to do a little research before you post. I know what they gave us and that wasn't to point out the plaque on our teeth. I even provided a link above--but don't let that information stop you from trying to spread misinformation.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Really? You need to do a little research before you post. I know what they gave us and that wasn't to point out the plaque on our teeth. I even provided a link above--but don't let that information stop you from trying to spread misinformation.
    You didn't link to the tablets they hand out in school. You linked to an FDA sheet about OTC chewable fluoride tablets that are recommended for children over 6 who live in areas where the water is not fluoridated. I linked to the tablets they handed out in school. I still have the tabs they sent home with my kids right here.

Clearly I have no idea what "they" gave you and your kids, but I am far from convinced that you actually know, either. Because you "know" a lot of stuff that is just flat out wrong.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If you actually read your link, it says 6 months to 3 years of age. Didn't you say school kids took these?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If you actually read your link, it says 6 months to 3 years of age. Didn't you say school kids took these?
    CONTRAINDICATIONS
    Fluoride Chewable Tablets 0.25 mg are contraindicated when the fluoride content of drinking water is more than 0.6 ppm F* and should not be administered to pediatric patients under age 3 ...

WARNINGS
    Prolonged daily ingestion of quantities greater than the recommended amount may result in various degrees of dental fluorosis in pediatric patients under age 6 years, especially if the water fluoridation exceeds 0.6 ppm. Read directions carefully before using.
    Reading is fundamental. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    She's right about the age thing. The age they suggest beginning her tablets of death depends on the level of fluoridation (which is all natural!) locally.

for use as a supplement in pediatric patients from 6 months to 3 years of age and older living in areas where the drinking water fluoride content does not exceed 0.6 ppm F*.
    Note that "and older." They're saying if that the local water has low levels of fluoride then these should not be started until later, and if it has a higher level of fluoride than they should not be started at all.

Fluoride Chewable Tablets 0.25 mg are contraindicated when the fluoride content of drinking water is more than 0.6 ppm F* and should not be administered to pediatric patients under age 3 years when the fluoride content of drinking water is 0.3 ppm F* or more.
    But again, these aren't what they hand out in school. But nothing we say or post will ever convince her of that, and she will disappear from this thread, but just "knowingly" post this link again in the next thread about fluoride that pops up.
    Last edited by angelatc; 07-04-2015 at 11:17 AM.

What about the OP? Can anything stay on topic anymore, or are all controversial topics side tracked to diminish their statement?
    SMH
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

One example...however do the research there are many more.

Multnomah County phasing out fluoride tablet program in schools
    By Chelsea Kopta Published: Sep 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Multnomah County is planning to phase out its long-standing fluoride program at schools in the county, which offered fluoride tablets to children. At the same time, county leaders are working to expand an existing but "more efficient" dental program at schools, which offers dental sealants.

"Fluoride tablets are just not an effective way to to deliver fluoride to children," Len Barozzini, Multnomah County's new dental director.

The On Your Side Investigators uncovered county documents Friday as well as emails between the county and Portland Public Schools (see below) that outline plans to phase out the program. Parents who opted into the program had to sign a waiver for their child to receive tablets, then their teacher or another staff member would provide a single tablet to the child once a day.

Barozzini says Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making the tooth more resistant to acid attacks from plaque and sugars in the mouth.

About 28,000 children in 108 schools participated in the daily supplement program, according to county documents.

"I'm not saying that tablets or supplements are a bad thing, it's just that sealants or supplements are a more effective use of the taxpayers money," Barozzini said.

Kids have far more access to fluoride now through everyday items like toothpaste, processed foods and drinks than they did when the program began about 40 years ago, Barozzini continued.

Plus, while tablets are most effective taken everyday, Barozzini said, many teachers ran into problems ensuring the kids took the tablets everyday.

Continued...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    What about the OP? Can anything stay on topic anymore, or are all controversial topics side tracked to diminish their statement?
    SMH
    People bush with flouride toothpaste more so the benefits of flouridated water are not as significant as they used to be.

SMH
    I can't access the Newsweek link - my security settings are apparently blocking something. And I refuse to give the quack Mercola any traffic, so unless someone can post a link to the actual study, I'm stuck with only correcting the steady stream of disinformation that DonnaY supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    People bush with flouride toothpaste more so the benefits of flouridated water are not as significant as they used to be.
    More people are starting to use alternatives to on the shelf toothpaste, because of the flouride. Believe it or not, many people do not simply sit around and just ingest whatever is promoted on TV, and other, Ads. That's why you see an influx of "organic" or "natural" or whatever becoming popular, even if those are sometimes lies themselves.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As of February 2015, a total of 50 studies have investigated the relationship between fluoride and human intelligence, and a total of 34 studies have investigated the relationship fluoride and learning/memory in animals. Of these investigations, 43 of the 50 human studies have found that elevated fluoride exposure is associated with reduced IQ, while 32 of the 34 animal studies have found that fluoride exposure impairs the learning and/or memory capacity of animals. The human studies, which are based on IQ examinations of over 11,000 children, provide compelling evidence that fluoride exposure during the early years of life can damage a child’s developing brain.

After reviewing 27 of the human IQ studies, a team of Harvard scientists concluded that fluoride’s effect on the young brain should now be a “high research priority.” (Choi, et al 2012). Other reviewers have reached similar conclusions, including the prestigious National Research Council (NRC), and scientists in the Neurotoxicology Division of the Environmental Protection Agency (Mundy, et al). In the table below, we summarize the results from the 43 studies that have found associations between fluoride and reduced IQ and provide links to full-text copies of the studies. For a discussion of the 7 studies that did not find an association between fluoride and IQ, click here.
    Source

One example...however do the research there are many more.

Multnomah County phasing out fluoride tablet program in schools
    By Chelsea Kopta Published: Sep 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM PDT .
    Kudos! You stuck around for one post longer than I would have guessed. But hey - Google is not research.

You and I both know this isn't what you were referring to in your original statement.

As evidence to support that bold and offensive supposition, I submit your statement about the "red tablets they made the kids chew" when the article you posted in support clearly states this was a voluntary program that required written parental consent and makes no mention about what color the tablets are.

The red tablets they made us chew were vegetable dye. The chewable fluoride programs were voluntary, and although cherry flavored were probably not red, as the literature you posted indicates they are red-dye free.

Oops - I was wrong. (See how easy that is?) There is another red dye listed below. But the tablets you "knowingly" linked to are not red - they're pink.

Chewable tablets containing 0.25 mg fluoride are pink-colored, cherry flavor, un-scored, round, debossed "104". Available in bottles of 120's.
    Which lends evidence to my theory, which is that the pills you linked to are not the pills you were referring to.

See you later.
    Last edited by angelatc; 07-04-2015 at 12:16 PM.

More people are starting to use alternatives to on the shelf toothpaste, because of the flouride. Believe it or not, many people do not simply sit around and just ingest whatever is promoted on TV, and other, Ads. That's why you see an influx of "organic" or "natural" or whatever becoming popular, even if those are sometimes lies themselves.
    Dude, fluoride is all natural and organic.

I think I found the study, and this is the "plain language" conclusion of the author:

:
    Data suggest that the introduction of water fluoridation resulted in a 35% reduction in decayed, missing or filled baby teeth and a 26% reduction in decayed, missing or filled permanent teeth. It also increased the percentage of children with no decay by 15%. Although these results indicate that water fluoridation is effective at reducing levels of tooth decay in children's baby and permanent teeth, the applicability of the results to current lifestyles is unclear because the majority of the studies were conducted before fluoride toothpastes and the other preventative measures were widely used in many communities around the world.

There was insufficient information available to find out whether the introduction of a water fluoridation programme changed existing differences in tooth decay across socioeconomic groups.

There was insufficient information available to understand the effect of stopping water fluoridation programmes on tooth decay.

No studies met the review’s inclusion criteria that investigated the effectiveness of water fluoridation for preventing tooth decay in adults, rather than children.
    Which is quite a bit different than what the headline suggests, which is usually the case for people who post links to articles rather than actual studies. (The misspelling of the word "scandalous" certainly helps assign a level of credibility, though.)

Note - and this is an important caveat - that the authors did NOT say there is no evidence that water fluoridation does not prevent cavities. They said that there is no new evidence - that all the research predates 1975, and that our lifestyles are much different now. One of the biggest changes is that we almost all use fluoridated toothpaste now. Also, sealants that did not exist in the 70's are now applied on a broad scale.

So if the theory of water fluoridation holds up, if people suddenly stop using fluoridated toothpastes *and* stop ingesting fluoridated water, then all-natural cavities will start making a comeback.
    Last edited by angelatc; 07-04-2015 at 12:04 PM.

As was mentioned before, the Harvard review of Chinese flouride studies found a difference in IQ averaging 3- 5 points yet the margin of error on an IQ test (how much it can vary with the same person taking the exact same test at different times) is five to seven points. The variations were within expected margin of error and thus not of any significance.

SMH
    No, not when it comes to subjects like this, where it all turns into a personality pissing match.

Hey, listen up: government does not have the right to forcibly medicate you or contaminate your water supply.

You want vaccines? Go get them.

You want fluoride? Go brush with it.

You want conventional medical treatment? Go pay for it.

Simple, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, not when it comes to subjects like this, where it all turns into a personality pissing match.

Hey, listen up: government does not have the right to forcibly medicate you or contaminate your water supply.
    Since the Constitution gives all rights not assigned to the FedGov to the states, I would assert this is incorrect. The state and/or local governments do indeed have the right to create and maintain a public water supply.

I don't think he would disagree with maintaining a safe water supply. He is questioning the addition of flouride to it. Flouride is available from other sources for those who want it. That is not a necessary part of a safe water supply. (I don't think it is a harmful one either).

With more and more people drinking bottled water, fewer are actually consuming domestic water anyways- fouridated or non- flouridated.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-04-2015 at 12:43 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I don't think he would disagree with maintaining a safe water supply. He is questioning the addition of flouride to it. That is not a necessary part of a safe water supply. (I don't think it is a harmful one either).
    The question is then posed to the consumers of the water supply. If a majority want the addition of cavity-preventing chemical, then aren't the minority required to simply move to another location where they can obtain the water quality they've selected, rather than impose their demands on their neighbors?

Since the Constitution gives all rights not assigned to the FedGov to the states, I would assert this is incorrect. The state and/or local governments do indeed have the right to create and maintain a public water supply.
    Sure, never questioned that.

I questioned the right of the state to be dosing the water supply (that the state will put you in jail if you do not connect to) with medications.

Reading is fundamental. Seriously.
    lol I think you confused Angela with the red tablet part.. They hand out these red dye tablets to a lot of elementary schools kids to test how much plaque they have. I don't know if they are safe or not.

However, there are in fact red fluoride chewable tablets as well, here's one:

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

SMH
    I believe you have your finger on the RPF pulse.

There were pills intended (i.e., marketed) for children, common during the 1970', but they were quickly pulled after many children rapidly began developing dental fluorosis (You are at least familiar with that malady, yes?)

FLUORIDE SUPPLEMENTS Tablets and drops are another means of administering fluoride. The Canadian Dental Association has admitted in the last couple of years that children under the age of three should not be given fluoride supplements. And yet dental practitioners and pediatricians who haven't kept up to date are still giving fluoride supplements to young children. I advise against fluoride supplements for anyone.
    From a great breakdown article: http://www.consumerhealth.org/articl...19990303222823
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

The age they suggest beginning her tablets of death depends on the level of fluoridation (which is all natural!) locally.
    Dosing pills or water with sodium fluoride is "natural"? Are you completely smacked out of your mind?

FLUORIDE A BY-PRODUCT OF INDUSTRY Fluoride is an industrial waste product, a by-product of the aluminum industry and the phosphate fertilizer companies who have mountains of fluoride that is polluting the ground water. They have to get rid of it, and the old solution to pollution is dilution - just put it in the drinking water. People living in the vicinity of aluminum, phosphate, steel, clay, glass and enamel plants are exposed to high levels of fluoride in the air. For instance, the Hamilton area shows extremely high lung cancer rates that decrease as you get away from the downwind plume of the steel mills. If fluoride was left with the phosphate and sold to farmers, it would kill their crops. That is what originally happened when they used this high fluoride phosphate, and the farmers said they were going back to manure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast