Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: (edit) Is Homosexuality A Sin?

(edit) Is Homosexuality A Sin?

Erowe, Is homosexuality a sin?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Erowe, Is homosexuality a sin?
    Is sodomy? But it is definitely Green and Eco-Friendly.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Is sodomy? But it is definitely Green and Eco-Friendly.
    sodomy is an act; homosexuality is not. I don't see how one merely having homosexual attractions could be a sin. I would think acting out on them would be the sin.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    sodomy is an act; homosexuality is not. I don't see how one merely having homosexual attractions could be a sin. I would think acting out on them would be the sin.
    Some people might be born to want the back hole.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I could have sworn I just got done reading a thread where Moostraks was asked the same question.

S_F, have you read our Usage Guidlines?

2) Maintain good etiquette by treating other people with respect.
    • No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    • Be respectful of others' religion or lack there of.

3) Support our Mission Statement.
    • No promoting agendas that counter our Mission Statement.

Thank You
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-03-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    I could have sworn I just got done reading a thread where Moostraks was asked the same question.

S_F, have you read our Usage Guidlines?

2) Maintain good etiquette by treating other people with respect.
    • No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    • Be respectful of others' religion or lack there of.

3) Support our Mission Statement.
    • No promoting agendas that counter our Mission Statement.

Thank You
    It's just an interesting thought experiment. Ask Christians a yes or no answer and see if they can do it.

It's just an interesting thought experiment. Ask Christians a yes or no answer and see if they can do it.
    Does starting six belligerent threads at once help you become meek enough to inherit the earth, S_F?

Yes or no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Does starting six belligerent threads at once help you become meek enough to inherit the earth, S_F?

Yes or no.
    No.

See how easy that was?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Easy?

Seven or eight of us had to thwack your overinflated ego about the forum for some six hours to get a rational response out of you. And I sincerely doubt we could get a second one for our trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

No.

See how easy that was?
    did you stop beating your wife?

The only conclusion one might draw if all your anticipated responses follow through as you predicted is that some of us view the issue of judging another person differently. Yet, I suppose based upon this, acptulsa and I are supposed to conform to peer pressure or feel humiliated, or be shunned, or what?

If you were only conscious of the damage done by those who behave with such lack of empathy by selectively choosing a sin to highlight whilst parading around as one who make act with impunity.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    did you stop beating your wife?

The only conclusion one might draw if all your anticipated responses follow through as you predicted is that some of us view the issue of judging another person differently. Yet, I suppose based upon this, acptulsa and I are supposed to conform to peer pressure or feel humiliated, or be shunned, or what?

If you were only conscious of the damage done by those who behave with such lack of empathy by selectively choosing a sin to highlight whilst parading around as one who make act with impunity.
    We aren't talking about judging.

Do you, Moostraks, believe that homosexuality is a sin?

No, homosexual acts are sinful. There have been homosexuals who have voluntarily chosen to be single and not be involved in a sexual relationship with another person of the same sex, and they certainly aren't sinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    No, homosexual acts are sinful. There have been homosexuals who have voluntarily chosen to be single and not be involved in a sexual relationship with another person of the same sex, and they certainly aren't sinning.
    Do these people think it is acceptable to lust after men? If so, they aren't Christians.

Do these people think it is acceptable to lust after men? If so, they aren't Christians.
    Lust isn't one of the sins that Paul said indicates lostness.

Show me someone who never lusts, and I will show you a saint.

How does one control what one lusts after? Acting out on that lust - that's a different thing.

Where does the Bible say it is unacceptable to lust after men?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Show me someone who never lusts, and I will show you a saint.

How does one control what one lusts after? Acting out lust - that's a different thing.

Where does the Bible say it is unacceptable to lust after men?
    Everyone lusts. But men who think it is acceptable to lust after men but not act on it are even more perverted in their sin. This is not surprising because in Romans 1 the Bible says that homosexuals have darkened minds. Sin has affected their mind in that they deceive themselves into thinking that what they think and do is right.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leave other people alone. it doesn't matter.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Freedom doesn't mean that people have the right to not be criticized for how they live.

Everyone lusts. But men who think it is acceptable to lust after men but not act on it are even more perverted in their sin. This is not surprising because in Romans 1 the Bible says that homosexuals have darkened minds. Sin has affected their mind in that they deceive themselves into thinking that what they think and do is right.
    meh. I would say the author of Romans 1 is just sharing his own personal experience.

Do you believe a sinner can stand in judgement of others and be a Christian?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Freedom doesn't mean that people have the right to not be criticized for how they live.
    I'm not bothering anyone. I am offering the Bible's view of a subject out in the arena of ideas. Take it or leave it. I'm not forcing anyone to believe what I believe.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

meh. I would say the author of Romans 1 is just sharing his own personal experience.
    What about all the other authors that talk about homosexuality? They're repressed homosexuals too? What about anyone else who has condemned homosexuality? Are they repressed too? Wow. Most of the world throughout history has been repressed homosexuals.

You're genius.

Holy judgment imposed by God upon entire and ungodly societies and cultures, does not matter to you?

God abandoning masses of men and women to the ultimate and most corruptive sins of their flesh, which always leads to both physical and spiritual death of nations at large, means nothing to you?

The witness given of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is lost upon you?

No nation is exempt from the like judgment God imposed upon those cities for their gross sins.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformedObserver View Post

No nation is exempt from the like judgment God imposed upon those cities for their gross sins.
    It is funny what happens here when the government shill have a three day weekend.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're genius.
    Perhaps.

What about all the other authors that talk about homosexuality? They're repressed homosexuals too? What about anyone else who has condemned homosexuality? Are they repressed too? Wow. Most of the world throughout history has been repressed homosexuals.
    You mentioned Romans 1, I gave my thoughts on Romans 1. I didn't offer any thoughts at all about anyone else.

We talked last night about Leviticus and divine moral law. I don't consider all those laws divine, which is a requirement for something to be a sin (according to Webster's definition, which I agree with).

I had a thought last night about divine law - I'll toss it out there and see what you think.

The 10 Commandments (the ones which I consider divine) all relate to one's behavior toward one's fellows - i.e. Don't Lie, Don't Cheat, Don't Kill, etc. Even "Don't take The Lord's name in vain" is a transgression against one's fellows who would be deeply offended and might strike out in anger. I don't think God cares if you take His name in vain... the Shepherd is looking out for the sheep.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is between two consenting adults. That someone else might find it offensive or disgusting? meh. Get over it. Let God be the judge.

Don't get me wrong. I think men having sex with each other is wicked and abominable, AND unnatural but hey, that's just me. Because I feel that way I wouldn't want homosexuals teaching my kids in school as if it is 'normal' behavior, but the liberty position would be for me to stay out of your bedroom and mind my own business.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-05-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Perhaps.

You mentioned Romans 1, I gave my thoughts on Romans 1. I didn't offer any thoughts at all about anyone else.

We conversed last night about Leviticus and divine moral law. I don't consider all those laws divine, which is a requirement for something to be a sin (according to Webster's definition, which I agree with).

I had a thought last night about divine law - I'll toss it out there and see what you think.

The 10 Commandments (the ones which I consider divine) all relate to one's behavior toward one's fellows - i.e. Don't Lie, Don't Cheat, Don't Kill, etc. Even "Don't take The Lord's name in vain" is one's transgression against one's fellows who would be deeply offended and might strike out in anger. I don't think God cares if you take his name in vain... the Shepherd is looking out for the sheep.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is between two consenting adults. That someone else might find it offensive or disgusting? meh. Get over it. Let God be the judge.

Don't get me wrong. I think men having sex with each other is wicked and abominable, AND unnatural but hey, that's just me. Because I feel that way I wouldn't want homosexuals teaching my kids in school as if it is 'normal' behavior, but the liberty position would be for me to stay out of your bedroom and mind my own business.

Thoughts?
    We aren't talking about liberty vs coercion. I am a volunarist politically. We are talking about theology, not politics.

It doesn't matter what Webster says, if God gives a command in Scripture, it is His law.

We aren't talking about judging.

You never answered yes or no yet to my question. Did you stop beating your wife? Easy question. Since you haven't answered you must still be beating her.

Yes, you are judging but you think you may redefine words and then expect people to accept your lame responses with newly defined terminology.

So, no answer on what your end goal is here? If it is to differentiate your beliefs from mine, please do.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

We aren't talking about liberty vs coercion. I am a volunarist politically. We are talking about theology, not politics.

It doesn't matter what Webster says, if God gives a command in Scripture, it is His law.
    Your wife wearing that veil now?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

You never answered yes or no yet to my question. Did you stop beating your wife? Easy question. Since you haven't answered you must still be beating her.

Yes, you are judging but you think you may redefine words and then expect people to accept your lame responses with newly defined terminology.

So, no answer on what your end goal is here? If it is to differentiate your beliefs from mine, please do.
    I don't know your beliefs. That's why I'm asking you.

Your wife wearing that veil now?
    Do you think the Bible is more clear on headcoverings or homosexuality?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast