Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moostraks, Is Homosexuality A Sin?

Moostraks, Is Homosexuality A Sin?

Moostraks,

Is homosexuality a sin?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moostraks, didn't you ask me to start another thread so that you would answer my question in it? Well, here it is. What is your answer?

This Will Be Interesting

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    She just said in another thread that homosexuality is an issue of Christian liberty. What do you think about that Theo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    She just said in another thread that homosexuality is an issue of Christian liberty. What do you think about that Theo?
    Want to know what I think about it?

I think the day you can accurately boil several of her paragraphs and a couple of her extensive quotes of scripture down to seven words will be the day the Democratic Party actually commits itself to liberty, justice, prosperity, peace and sanctity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

I think the day you can accurately boil several of her paragraphs and a couple of her extensive quotes of scripture down to seven words will be the day the Democratic Party actually commits itself to liberty, justice, prosperity, peace and sanctity.
    Do you think a person can be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time?

I find it ironic that Catholics and Evangelicals agree on this point whereas a goodly number of Protestants don't.....

And before you ask, I'm not engaging in the debate just stating an observation....

Time to taste your own tactics. Again.

Sola_Fide, do you think a person can be a Christian and an $#@! at the same time?

Careful. There are a lot of verses in the four Gospels on this one.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-03-2015 at 05:39 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moostraks, didn't you ask me to start another thread so that you would answer my question in it? Well, here it is. What is your answer?
    Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I find it ironic that Catholics and Evangelicals agree on this point whereas a goodly number of Protestants don't.....

And before you ask, I'm not engaging in the debate just stating an observation....
    Well, let's forget about what people in churches today say. Let's focus on the Bible. Does the Bible say that one can be a homosexual and a Christian at the same time?

I did not. I went to great effort to handle your rude, persistent questioning which was off topic and previously answered a number of times within that thread and prior to that thread. You, however, ignored your previous discussion with me in favor of a response which you think you can boil down to suit your narrative for a strawman to light on fire in this subforum.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate this response.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Interesting.
    You think your answer is interesting?

Well, let's forget about what people in churches today say. Let's focus on the Bible. Does the Bible say that one can be a homosexual and a Christian at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

I didn't know that CL swung that way...

Time to taste your own tactics. Again.

Sola_Fide, do you think a person can be a Christian and an $#@! at the same time?

Careful. There are a lot of verses in the four Gospels on this one.
    It depends. The Pharisees thought Jesus was a real blasphemer and trouble maker. They probably used the Hebrew equivalent of the word you used for Him in private. So, yes it is possible, but it depends on who is making the judgement.

The question I asked is a question that EVERY Christian of every kind can easily answer with the Bible in just a few verses.

So, to restate my question: Acptulsa, can a person be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    I did not. I went to great effort to handle your rude, persistent questioning which was off topic and previously answered a number of times within that thread and prior to that thread. You, however, ignored your previous discussion with me in favor of a response which you think you can boil down to suit your narrative for a strawman to light on fire in this subforum.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate this response.
    You did not?

Why did you compare homosexuality with meat sacrificed to idols then?

You know what, forget it. Let's forget all that and put that behind us. Let me ask again so that we can get down to it:

Moostraks, do you believe that homosexuality is a sin? Yes or no?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By the way, this thread could go on for 200 pages and neither Acptulsa or Moostraks will answer the 2 questions I asked them.

There is a reason for this, and I will show everyone in a while what that reason is.

You did not?

Why did you compare homosexuality with meat sacrificed to idols then?

You know what, forget it. Let's forget all that and put that behind us. Let me ask again so that we can get down to it:

Moostraks, do you believe that homosexuality is a sin? Yes or no?
    No. I answered AND explained myself thoroughly. That you do not accept or comprehend the answer is your problem.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

No. I answered AND explained myself thoroughly. That you do not accept or comprehend the answer is your problem.
    It doesn't require a thorough answer. It's a yes or a no. And you didn't answer the question yet.

Look at how easy it is to twist you up in knots...hahahaha. You cant even answer a simple yes or no!

It doesn't require a thorough answer. It's a yes or a no. And you didn't answer the question yet.

Look at how easy it is to twist you up in knots...hahahaha. You cant even answer a simple yes or no!
    Except I'm not twisted. I think you are an embarassment for those who share your faith title with your disrespectful behavior and shameful arrogance. Your faith shows no evidence of mercy. It is a stain upon those who share the spiritual path of Christian when you are so senselessly mean spirited.

Yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife? No, don't bother explaining. It's an easy question, yes or no.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

It depends. The Pharisees thought Jesus was a real blasphemer and trouble maker. They probably used the Hebrew equivalent of the word you used for Him in private. So, yes it is possible, but it depends on who is making the judgement.

The question I asked is a question that EVERY Christian of every kind can easily answer with the Bible in just a few verses.

So, to restate my question: Acptulsa, can a person be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time?
    This question can be answered easily with the Bible. The answer is no. You can give as good as you get, as Jesus Himself did with the robber baron money changers. But refusing to inuckle under to $#@!s does not make one an $#@!.

Much as Pharisees like yourself would like people to believe otherwise.

Jesus never addressed homosexuality directly, or if He did, no one found it important enough to write down. He talked about being an $#@! all the time. You cannot go around treating people as if they have no feelings at all and claim to believe in Jesus. It can't be done.

Well, of course it can be done. But you aren't believed when you do it.

By the way, this thread could go on for 200 pages and neither Acptulsa or Moostraks will answer the 2 questions I asked them.

There is a reason for this, and I will show everyone in a while what that reason is.
    Yes, any sinner can try to reach God through Jesus. You will, no doubt, argue that it depends upon who is making the judgment, and you, no doubt, will not even realize that this is the argument you are making. But that is the answer. Someone who did not sin, if there were such a person, would not require forgiveness.

Besides, there are such things as celibate homosexuals. They want it, but they do not do it. Are you going to argue that these people cannot be Christian, even though they refuse to act on their feelings? Or are you going to say that it matters not who they lust after, they aren't gay until they lay with another of their own sex? Of course, I do realize that this thread could go on for two hundred pages and you will never answer these questions.

And how about--oh, yeah, by your definition no Catholic is a Christian. Never mind.

Now. Why am I not answering the question again? Do tell.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-03-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Except I'm not twisted. I think you are an embarassment for those who share your faith title with your disrespectful behavior and shameful arrogance. Your faith shows no evidence of mercy. It is a stain upon those who share the spiritual path of Christian when you are so senselessly mean spirited.

Yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife? No, don't bother explaining. It's an easy question, yes or no.

.....Aaaaand like clockwork here comes the personal attack.

Never answer the question.
    Change the subject.
    Personal attack.

Change the subject.
    Personal attack.
    The lady gives as good as she gets.

And you are changing the subject and refusing to answer the questions of others right now. How does applying one set of standards to her and another to yourself make you a better Christian, again? I'm unclear on the concept.

Damn. Condemning whole swaths of the population without even asking their names, much less looking into their circumstances--or their hearts. Fine, Christian hobby you have there.

Moses didn't even bring, 'Thou shalt not commit sodomy' down from the mount on a stone tablet. Tell me this, if you can. Is a sodomizer more reprobate than a murderer?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-03-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Change the subject.
    Personal attack.
    You have made it a point to rudely ignore previous discussion you engaged in with me, put words in my mouth, and then crow about how I am supposedly twisted up in knots when frankly I just feel sorry for you and those who might be seriously insulted by your behavior. That you think THIS is a personal attack to point out you are being rude to me when it is rather obvious to anyone without the ax to grind, well, that is pretty special. You do realize that it is an antagonistic act against forum guidelines to specifically call someone out in a thread title, right?

That you cannot understand a response unless it is a yes or no is either sad or deceptive, henceforth have you stopped beating your wife illustration.

So have you? Yes or no. Its an easy question.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The lady gives as good as she gets.

And you are changing the subject and refusing to answer the questions of others right now. How does applying one set of standards to her and another to yourself make you a better Christian, again? I'm unclear on the concept.

Damn. Condemning whole swaths of the population without even asking their names, much less looking into their circumstances--or their hearts. Fine, Christian hobby you have there.

Moses didn't even bring, 'Thou shalt not commit sodomy' down from the mount on a stone tablet. Tell me this, if you can. Is a sodomizer more reprobate than a murderer?
    You have made it a point to rudely ignore previous discussion you engaged in with me, put words in my mouth, and then crow about how I am supposedly twisted up in knots when frankly I just feel sorry for you and those who might be seriously insulted by your behavior. That you think THIS is a personal attack to point out you are being rude to me when it is rather obvious to anyone without the ax to grind, well, that is pretty special. You do realize that it is an antagonistic act against forum guidelines to specifically call someone out in a thread title, right?

That you cannot understand a response unless it is a yes or no is either sad or deceptive, henceforth have you stopped beating your wife illustration.

So have you? Yes or no. Its an easy question.

2 more responses and still no answers to the simple question.

Remember: I said that this thread could go 200 pages and neither of them would answer the 2 simple questions I asked them.

There is a reason for this.

2 more responses and still no answers to the simple question.
    Your ass is showing. All over New Posts.

Add a poll to this thread, and see if people agree with you that I did not answer your question. I double dog dare you.

Ignore the answer and throw a childish hissy fit because you got no answer next time. And then wonder why you get ignored. In six threads at once.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-03-2015 at 06:58 PM.

What is required to be a Christian?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Being a Christian constitutes believing particular propositions about the Trinity, the Scriptures, and the Atonement.

Being a Christian constitutes believing particular propositions about the Trinity, the Scriptures, and the Atonement.
    What is to prevent a homosexual from believing those particular propositions?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast