Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf star who owns one of the original DoH "General Lee" cars, to paint over confederate flag

Exclamation Golf star who owns one of the original DoH "General Lee" cars, to paint over confederate flag

Just a Good Old Boy? Bubba Watson Erasing Confederate Flag from His Original Dukes of Hazard ‘General Lee’

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015...dodge-charger/

by Robert Wilde 3 Jul 2015270

Long-hitting PGA Tour standout Bubba Watson announced that he will paint over the Confederate flag on top of his Dukes of Hazzard official General Lee Dodge Charger that he bought for $110,000 at an Arizona auction in 2012.

Watson plans on painting an American flag on top of the car to replace the General Lee’s Confederate symbol.

Last week’s winner of the Travelers Championship and two-time Masters victor tweeted on Thursday the reason he decided to give the 1969 Hemi classic a makeover:

The tweet comes in response to the horrific murder of nine churchgoers by a white supremacist at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, on June 17.

Watson mirrors the sentiments of South Carolina Governor Nicky Haley, who ordered the flag’s removal from the Columbia statehouse, TV Land, which canceled re-runs of The Dukes of Hazzard, and Amazon, which pulled the video game Civil War: 1863 from its App Store because it accurately displays the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

ESPN reported that Daytona International Speedway and the rest of the NASCAR tracks hosting national series races request that fans stop showing the Confederate flag at the racetracks.

“We are asking our fans and partners to join us in a renewed effort to create an all-inclusive, even more welcoming atmosphere for all who attend our events,” the statement said.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-03-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great way to lower the cars value. What a dip $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Great way to lower the cars value. What a dip $#@!.
    Like he has to worry about that.

Not like the "General Lee" is the Mona Lisa, but c'mon, it's a piece of Americana and shouldn't be $#@!ed with due to a PC Vortex of Doom swirling about.

Agreed, first class dip$#@!.

This is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I doubt Bubba Watson is really that stupid.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I doubt Bubba Watson is really that stupid.
    So you think he's lying?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Like he has to worry about that.

Not like the "General Lee" is the Mona Lisa, but c'mon, it's a piece of Americana and shouldn't be $#@!ed with due to a PC Vortex of Doom swirling about.

Agreed, first class dip$#@!.
    If he were in it for money I suppose he could charge $1,000 a pop for SJW's to smack it with a sledge.

Meanwhile, in other parts of the world, ISIS and the Taliban continue to destroy as many "collectible" and historical items as possible. We have to fight them over there, so...we can become them over here.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bubba Watson just announced to the world that he suffers from low-T.

I recommend that he acquire some of AJ's Super Male Vitality.

"The Patriarch"

BLASPHEMY!!! INSANITY!!!11 STOP THAT MAN NOW, AT ALL COSTS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I have no problem with a state government building deciding to only have the state flag and the national flag on them but things are really getting silly.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

LOL
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I have no problem with a state government building deciding to only have the state flag and the national flag on them but things are really getting silly.
    Now, maybe you can understand where some of us are coming from, that you have dismissed in the past as being too outlandish or full of hyperbole.

When a stupid mob of Boobus gets whipped up into a Vortex of Doom, there is no telling what may happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now, maybe you can understand where some of us are coming from, that you have dismissed in the past as being too outlandish or full of hyperbole.

When a stupid mob of Boobus gets whipped up into a Vortex of Doom, there is no telling what may happen next.
    Doom on us brother. There's gonna be a time when we are going to have to start a back burn to stop it. Just waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

Yeah, pretty dull guy. Probably should get some tangy tangerine to be on the safe side.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The madness of crowds....

If it is not the original paint job, then the car will lose quite a bit of collector's value. Maybe he should auction it off and donate the proceeds to the families of the people killed in Charleston.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Apparently this is Lee1 too. It was the car they used to make the jump in the intro and was damaged doing that stunt. It spent 23 years in a metro Atlanta junkyard and was restored several years ago.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

holy $#@!ing $#@!!!!!

pc has got to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So you think he's lying?
    Pretty much. A PR move. Defacing a $115k investment for PC reasons sounds rather dumb, don't ya think?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

he should just crush the car. Make a real statement. And put the bronze statue of General Lee in the trunk while your at it.

Too bad. The value of that car will never be the same.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It had to be his wife. Damn yellow bellied fool.

BooHoo Watson should consider renaming the car the General Grant (real life slave owner to the very end) and put the same flag that flew on the slave ships, the stars and stripes.

Everyone will be happy and ignorance wins again.

Some unusual trends are emerging too.

Marion County votes to reinstate Confederate flag

'We should honor our ancestors,' state official says

Published On: Jul 07 2015 01:52:17 PM EDT Updated 1 h

Members of the Marion County Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday to reinstate the Confederate flag atop a county building.

The flag was immediately raised once again over the Fallen Officers Memorial on Southeast 25th Street in Ocala.

He should just put a magnetic flag over the other one so when he comes to his senses, he can just peel it off to restore the vehicle to it's original state.

Just scratch a giant PC into it already

See what happens when you bow down to these $#@!s? They keep coming back for more. This is why Rand and especially Jack Hunter should be ashamed of themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast