Thread: This is surely the best way to watch Jaws

This is surely the best way to watch Jaws

Mr Animal bought a projector so we could watch movies in the pool. Now I know what the first screening will be.

"And so after years of hearing those stories whispered, we decided it was FINALLY time to bring the event back, and to bring it back in a BIG way!"

The second 'Jaws on the water' screening will be held on a man-made lake at Texas Ski Ranch, which has sandy beaches sloping down into the water and "plenty of satellite bars around the location to keep your thirst quenched all night long - including some special floating bars that you can swim up to".

As if all this saturnalia wasn't enough, there will also be fish tacos on sale and specials on Dos Equis cans.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10363456.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL! No thanks.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    LOL! No thanks.
    Aw come on.

My son has this mask somewhere, I may need to bust it out for the show.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Get this pool cleaner...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Get this pool cleaner...

I've never seen the shark. I have Diver Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Aw come on.

My son has this mask somewhere, I may need to bust it out for the show.

LOL! That's too funny.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Reminds me of the movie "Airplane" where the passengers are being shown a movie with an aircraft crash scene.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Reminds me of the movie "Airplane" where the passengers are being shown a movie with an aircraft crash scene.
    Better than Snakes on a Plane.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a whole lot of urine in that water.

i'd bring a pint of red food coloring....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i'd bring a pint of red food coloring....
    Chum works great.

fish tacos
    I cannot believe that this has become a "thing".

Blech...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Blech...
    I love fish tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I love fish tacos.
    Had them in the keys with pickled red onions and cabbage. Pretty damn tasty, but nowhere near the level of a nice grouper sandwich.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Had them in the keys with pickled red onions and cabbage. Pretty damn tasty, but nowhere near the level of a nice grouper sandwich.
    I've had them with jalapeno tartar sauce and cabbage. Pickled red onions sounds really good. I might need to try making those.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Blech...
    The best fish taco I've ever had was in a small fishing/farm town in Baja about 6 or 7 hours from the border.

I've had a few good ones in California but anywhere outside California I've heard something happens to the Mexican food and it's usually not as good for some reason.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The best fish taco I've ever had was in a small fishing/farm town in Baja about 6 or 7 hours from the border.

I've had a few good ones in California but anywhere outside California I've heard something happens to the Mexican food and it's usually not as good for some reason.
    I don't know how it works, but the same thing is true when places outside of Chicago try to replicate Chicago-style pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I don't know how it works, but the same thing is true when places outside of Chicago try to replicate Chicago-style pizza.
    Georgia has pretty good Mexican food. We have lots of Mexicans here, too.