Thread: Can Ron Paul be Rand Paul's Vice President ?

Question Can Ron Paul be Rand Paul's Vice President ?

This maybe a stupid question, but is it possible for Rand Paul to pick Ron Paul for Vice President?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    This maybe a stupid question, but is it possible for Rand Paul to pick Ron Paul for Vice President?
    Possible, yes. Likely? Hardly.

(and there are no stupid questions, some people just like to act like there are.)
    "The Patriarch"

OP,

It's not illegal or against party rules or anything, if that's what you mean. But it would be extremely stupid politically - not only because a large part of the country is still wary of Ron, but because a father-son administration looks bad no matter who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Double tap
    double tap?

If Rand becomes president, will Napolitano be a Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    If Rand becomes president, will Napolitano be a Supreme?
    Doubt it. He'll pick someone with the same principles, but without the pre-existing name ID (and this the polarization). I'd be very surprised if he picked a TV personality for the Supreme Court.

When Rand gets the GOP nomination, he will be his VP...

Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post

Has Watts said anything about getting back into politics? He got out for personal/family reasons originally....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not a stupid question, but a stupid idea.

Can GW be JEB's VP? If so, What if JEB/GW got elected, then later resigned?

Ron also by law (passed because JFK appointed RFK) can't be appointed to any official capacity. but he would probably be at the White House a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Can GW be JEB's VP? If so, What if JEB/GW got elected, then later resigned?
    legally, yes, and Bill Clinton thought about it. but again, stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    YES finally! RAND/PAUL 2016 wouldn't be any worse then the democrat ticket...

You could actually see it the way Bill Clinton talks about his wife's campaign that it is as much his as it is hers. Jon Stewart recently interviewed him and it was almost like he was trying to catch him off guard to get Bill to call it his campaign. He kept even correcting Jon Stewart when he would insinuate or lead up to it with questions.

I don't think Ron Paul has the heart to play the game any more. He did his time. Let him be.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Ron will get to the White House, but it'll be to hang out with his son the president.

VPOTUS Ron works for me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would be a great idea in terms of dissuading any assassination attempts if the ticket actually won. But if he puts his Dad on the ticket, winning becomes a very unlikely possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    VPOTUS Ron works for me.
    Me too.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post

That's my guess too.

Jan2017

Yes, constitutionally he could - and there would be interest in the grassroots, if not the GOP establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    VPOTUS Ron works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I don't think Ron Paul has the heart to play the game any more. He did his time. Let him be.
    Uhhh, . . . what about a cabinet post for the elder statesman/former Congressman in a Rand administration ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Yes, constitutionally he could - and there would be interest in the grassroots, if not the GOP establishment.

Uhhh, . . . what about a cabinet post for the elder statesman/former Congressman in a Rand administration ?
    The chairman of the FED