Thread: Feds won’t permit Burning Man festival unless they get 24-hour ice cream service and clean toi

Feds won’t permit Burning Man festival unless they get 24-hour ice cream service and clean toi

Lavish requests by federal authorities for flush toilets and 24-hour access to soft-serve ice cream at Burning Man are putting Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) and Nevada Republicans on the same side as hippies.

The Bureau of Land Management is denying a permit to hold the music and cultural festival on public land unless organizers pay more than $1 million to house “VIP” agents in an air-conditioned compound with couches and hot water, reported the Reno Gazette-Journal.

The federal agency administers the land where the event is held, and authorities want to send additional agents to oversee the festival in Black Rock Desert after a woman was run over and killed by a vehicle there last year.

Organizers paid $4 million last year to obtain a permit for the 70,000-person event, but they have not yet been granted approval for this year’s festival — which includes the unprecedented lodging request.

The agency – which was embroiled in an armed standoff last year with scofflaw rancher Cliven Bundy and his militia supporters – argued in its requests that agents needed to be fresh and comfortable to oversee the Aug. 30-Sept. 7 festival.

It’s not clear who the “VIP” agents are, but past festivals suggest the BLM compound will also house top Department of Interior and Justice officials and members of Congress.

However, this year’s requests – most of which cite BLM Special Agent Dan Love as the requesting agent – are the most lavish and extensive made yet.

Celebrities and other wealthy attendees often pay for their own luxury accommodations at the festival, but the BLM wants event organizers to foot the bill.

Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) was peeved by the extravagant requests and asked the BLM’s parent agency, the Department of the Interior, to urge officials to just camp out in the desert.

“Part of Burning Man’s philosophy is self-reliance, and living with the elements is part of the experience,” Reid said.

BLM officials, however, aren’t backing down and say they need the amenities to remain properly rested so they can keep festival-goers safe in the extreme conditions.

Reid, whose former senior adviser now heads the BLM, finds himself on the same side as Nevada Republicans who want to make sure the event – which brings an estimated $44 million or more to the state – goes on as scheduled.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/feds...clean-toilets/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, Cliven Bundy had people show up and demonstrate the proper way to handle the BLM.... I somehow doubt Burning Man organizers would have access to this method, let alone possess the wherewithal to use it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Well, Cliven Bundy had people show up and demonstrate the proper way to handle the BLM.... I somehow doubt Burning Man organizers would have access to this method, let alone possess the wherewithal to use it.
    LSD squirt guns would be a good start.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LSD squirt guns would be a good start.
    A whole festival of that last scene from Men Who Stare At Goats.....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Yeah read this in the local paper....the burning man people are mostly losers from the thousands I see. bunch of hipocrates. Not how it used to be.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Sounds like a couple of spoiled brats screaming for Ice cream.
    Last edited by Noob; 07-02-2015 at 02:37 PM.

I think it would be better if the BLM just kept away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I think it would be better if the BLM just kept away.
    Yes, and the Nevada law enforcement as well. Burning Man can hire private security for their event.

Reno 911 gets lost looking for Burning Man festival

Entire episode (Burning Man undercover operation begins at 6:15)

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ice Cream oversight is enumerated in the Constitution, right? I think it's right after the Postal Roads enumeration.

And they have yet to publicly announce that the event is canceled, because: Damned Government?

Would have been the first thing I did. Make a showdown of it now and ask questions later. The fedgov only thinks it's popular enough to get away with this crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

These "government officials" are 100% parasites. Should be jobless and hungry, not eating ice cream all day in an air conditioned room.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

For once Benjamin consented to break his rule, and he read out to her
    what was written on the wall. There was nothing there now except a single
    Commandment. It ran:

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHER

There was the same hearty cheering as before, and the mugs were emptied
    to the dregs. But as the animals outside gazed at the scene, it seemed to them
    that some strange thing was happening. What was it that had altered in the
    faces of the pigs? Clover's old dim eyes flitted from one face to another. Some
    of them had five chins, some had four, some had three. But what was it that
    seemed to be melting and changing? Then, the applause having come to an
    end, the company took up their cards and continued the game that had been
    interrupted, and the animals crept silently away.

But they had not gone twenty yards when they stopped short. An uproar of
    voices was coming from the farmhouse. They rushed back and looked through
    the window again. Yes, a violent quarrel was in progress. There were shoutings,
    bangings on the table, sharp suspicious glances, furious denials. The source of
    the trouble appeared to be that Napoleon and Mr. Pilkington had each played
    an ace of spades simultaneously.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question,
    now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked
    from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already
    it was impossible to say which was which.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    These "government officials" are 100% parasites. Should be jobless and hungry, not eating ice cream all day in an air conditioned room.
    Perhaps this was partly because there were so many pigs and so many
    dogs. It was not that these creatures did not work, after their fashion. There
    was, as Squealer was never tired of explaining, endless work in the supervision
    and organisation of the farm.

Much of this work was of a kind that the other
    animals were too ignorant to understand. For example, Squealer told them that
    the pigs had to expend enormous labours every day upon mysterious things
    called `files,' `reports,' `minutes,' and `memoranda.' These were large sheets of
    paper which had to be closely covered with writing, and as soon as they were so
    covered, they were burnt in the furnace.

This was of the highest importance for
    the welfare of the farm, Squealer said. But still, neither pigs nor dogs produced
    any food by their own labour; and there were very many of them, and their
    appetites were always good

Ice cream . LOL