Thread: Rand Paul, the most frugal lawmaker of them all

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul, the most frugal lawmaker of them all

Name:  CI3Pn8EWIAAI6Np.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  52.5 KB

Rand Paul, the most frugal lawmaker of them all

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Wednesday, July 1, 2015

As White House hopefuls strike their presidential poses, the meticulous National Taxpayers Union Foundation continues to pore over their voting records, which brings us to Sen. Rand Paul, the latest subject of the organization’s research. No spender is he. During his first two terms in Congress, the Kentucky lawmaker actually proposed savings agendas that would cut $483.8 billion per year, on average, from the federal budget.

“His record clearly demonstrates an approach to budget discipline that can be matched by few,” says analyst Demian Brady, who notes that during the 112th Congress, Mr. Paul proposed an agenda that would cut $650 billion a year, suggesting he has a consistently sterling track record in fiscal matters. He holds the record for the most frugal lawmaker of all, as a matter of fact.

The Democratic contenders aren’t even close.

“In contrast, other analyses found Senator Bernie Sanders proposed an average of over $1 trillion in annual spending during his Senate tenure, while Hillary Clinton proposed $226 billion in new spending,” Mr. Brady says.
    More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...gal-lawmaker-/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-02-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I've read that Senator Rand Paul has returned $1.8 million since taking office. Anyone know how he compares to the other candidates running?

What difference does it make at this point ?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477628

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What difference does it make at this point ?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477628
    lol, that sounded just like Hillary Clinton.... "What Difference Does It Make?" ... after she f'ked up. 50% of the world is dead, but they are dead... so "What Difference Does It Make?" for us to talk about it now. I'm 30 minutes late for my lesbian, mud bath.

OP, when you post here you gotta post a caption or two from your link, thx.

I wouldn't return anything to the state. I would find random individuals and donate to them.

Anarchism>>>>>>>This $#@!ty thing we have right now