Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Kibbe on NewsmaxTV talks about Rand Paul and 2016 field

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I did not "judge a candidate based on [his] supporters" (in any "place," first, last or other) - I judged some of his supporters.

That is precisely why I quite deliberately - not to mention explicitly - referred to "Rand supporters" and not to Rand himself.
    You threatened to "sit down", in other words stop supporting Rand. I remember conservatives in 2007 were criticizing Ron Paul for his 9/11 truther supporters.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Banana and Badgiraffe again.
    Ron Paul is not an isolationist. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well yeah, but Kibbe's trying to woo PAC donors; not to throw red meat to the grassroots.
    ^this

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    You threatened to "sit down", in other words stop supporting Rand.
    No I didn't. This is what I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    If this is what "Stand With Rand" means to Rand supporters, them I'm sittin' my ass the hell down ...
    IOW: If Rand supporters think "Standing With Rand" means positively affirming & adopting the slanders used against Ron by his enemies, then I am NOT going to join them in doing so.

I said nothing about supporting or not supporting Rand himself, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I remember conservatives in 2007 were criticizing Ron Paul for his 9/11 truther supporters.
    So what? I have not uttered a single word of criticism against Rand over this. I have criticized some of his supporters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12