Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polygamous Montana trio applies for wedding license

Polygamous Montana trio applies for wedding license

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man said Wednesday that he was inspired by last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage to apply for a marriage license so that he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine applied at the Yellowstone County Courthouse in Billings on Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage. Montana, like all 50 states, outlaws bigamy — holding multiple marriage licenses — but Collier said he plans to sue if the application is denied.

"It's about marriage equality," Collier told The Associated Press Wednesday. "You can't have this without polygamy."
    County clerk officials initially denied Collier's application, then said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer, Collier said.

Officials at the clerk's office did not have an immediate comment, and Yellowstone County Attorney Scott Twito did not return a call for comment.

The Supreme Court's ruling on Friday made gay marriages legal nationwide. Chief Justice John Roberts said in his dissent that people in polygamous relationships could make the same legal argument that not having the opportunity to marry disrespects and subordinates them.

Collier, 46, said that dissent inspired him. He owns a refrigeration business in Billings and married Victoria, 40, in 2000. He and his second wife, Christine, had a religious wedding ceremony in 2007 but did not sign a marriage license to avoid bigamy charges, he said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/polygamou...193205283.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "It's about marriage equality," Collier told The Associated Press Wednesday. "You can't have this without polygamy."
    County clerk officials initially denied Collier's application, then said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer, Collier said.

Officials at the clerk's office did not have an immediate comment, and Yellowstone County Attorney Scott Twito did not return a call for comment.

The Supreme Court's ruling on Friday made gay marriages legal nationwide. Chief Justice John Roberts said in his dissent that people in polygamous relationships could make the same legal argument that not having the opportunity to marry disrespects and subordinates them.

Collier, 46, said that dissent inspired him. He owns a refrigeration business in Billings and married Victoria, 40, in 2000. He and his second wife, Christine, had a religious wedding ceremony in 2007 but did not sign a marriage license to avoid bigamy charges, he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/polygamou...193205283.html

Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine

Although love is love, this is troubling developmemt and could unravel the whole institution of marriage as God intended. Such a case could cause current religiously diverse SCOTUS to be very confused while deliberating on equal rights for consenting adults.

A huge political crisis has just been born today.

Related

Obama and Romney both come from a ancestry of polygamy
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...8CT_story.html

Jerome Corsi: Obama's dad polygamist

And next up, a Muslim man from America wishes to marry his child bride from Sudan where there is no marriage age limit. And it's a boy!

I mean, love always wins right?

Plus man-boy love has an illustrious history with some of the greatest minds in the world.

If the world wasn't so bigoted we sure could save a lot on legal fees.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I think Nevada is before super tuesday, Rand should get behind this.

When someone supports getting the Government OUT of our personal lives... yet fears a polygamist or gay couple getting married... I am left a little befuddled.
    I do not morally support polygamy and I find homosexuality... well, icky. But, my morality and my "tastes" should not be made the law of the land in a free society, should it?

Let the guy have 2 wives. Hell, let him have 14 of em if they are willing brides of consenting age. Just don't come to me with your hand out asking for food stamps when you can't afford the family you chose. And be sure to find a Church or whatever you dig to marry you.

Just as I don't want impose myself into your beliefs, I expect you to return the favor and not force me into yours. So, if my church turns you away... deal with it, find one that accepts it, and enjoy the harem, dude.

Simple enough for me. Then again, I'm a simple guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    When someone supports getting the Government OUT of our personal lives... yet fears a polygamist or gay couple getting married... I am left a little befuddled.
    I do not morally support polygamy and I find homosexuality... well, icky. But, my morality and my "tastes" should not be made the law of the land in a free society, should it?

Let the guy have 2 wives. Hell, let him have 14 of em if they are willing brides of consenting age. Just don't come to me with your hand out asking for food stamps when you can't afford the family you chose. And be sure to find a Church or whatever you dig to marry you.

Just as I don't want impose myself into your beliefs, I expect you to return the favor and not force me into yours. So, if my church turns you away... deal with it, find one that accepts it, and enjoy the harem, dude.

Would you let your daughter be a polygamist?

Love your neighbor means to rebuke your neighbor. It means the same way you would treat yourself and your blood, you treat your neighbor. The whole "I don't care what other people do" is not Christian. Not that you are. Just making a point.

And suddenly millions of men that didn't give a crap about this whole gay marriage thing sat up and started paying attention...

Incest, pedophilia, and animal relations are next. State sanctioned perversion will be the norm. This is how government destroys the morality of a people.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post

Just beautiful, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And suddenly millions of men that didn't give a crap about this whole gay marriage thing sat up and started paying attention...
    I was talking about it when it wasn't cool.

Most here were silent and all I mostly got was yelled at for being a gay-bashing westboro supporter. To me though homosexuality pales in comparison to the problem I have with "gay marriage", and for that I hold Christians more responsible than gays. No one really stood up. And when you look at who was filing lawsuits it was all from the liberal side. There were few, very few counter-suits and defenses from the right.

Just today I saw a news article that the Episcopal church has condoned it. They will marry gays in churches, with the caveat that priests can decline to take part. But it's been sanctified by the government and the church is in lockstep. Some will anyway. Enough to destroy any unity among the churches.

I always get the feeling that these women who let their husbands take a second wife are just trying to pawn off some of the marriage obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

Love your neighbor means to rebuke your neighbor. It means the same way you would treat yourself and your blood, you treat your neighbor. The whole "I don't care what other people do" is not Christian. Not that you are. Just making a point.
    Let your daughter? is this daughter you talk of a minor or an adult? If shes a minor, I wouldn't let her marry anything. But as an adult I would try to dissuade her from marrying a midget, a poor person, an illiterate, a smoker, a weed user and the list goes on. You get the point but I wouldn't disown her and desire that it be illegal to marry those people.

I can't say that I would LET her any more than I could forbid her. If she were a consenting adult (she is not, but I'll play along), I would strongly discourage her from entering into that marriage, and assure her that she has enough value to be all any one man needs. In the end, it would be her choice to make.

What would ones options be? Scream at her until she ran away with him for sure?
    Drag her into a room and lock her away like some animal?
    Kill the groom?

But, just like the hypothetical daughter, these people can do as they see fit. I may stand opposed to them morally, but I will stand with them to have the freedom to make their own choices in life. Wise or no. Their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Incest, pedophilia, and animal relations are next. State sanctioned perversion will be the norm. This is how government destroys the morality of a people.
    Government is a mirror of the people in this country. Americans don't get to claim victimhood. We have all the blessings and we sit on our asses, eat ourselves to death, puff up with pride, gawk at ourselves in the mirror of social networks, and enable our government to spread miserty throughout the earth, and we hate, hate, hate anyone or anything that makes us feel guilty and "judges" us for it.

Government is a mirror of the people in this country. Americans don't get to claim victimhood. We have all the blessings and we sit on our asses, eat ourselves to death, puff up with pride, gawk at ourselves in the mirror of social networks, and enable our government to spread miserty throughout the earth, and we hate, hate, hate anyone or anything that makes us feel guilty and "judges" us for it.
    Yeah, but the thing is with sin, is that sin is usually always accompanied by other sin. When your government endorses perversion, it tends to also endorse things like murder, oppression, and things like that.

I am actually behind this guy, except for the asking for Gov. permission thing. God never forbade polygamy, although he did bother to forbid seemingly trivial things like eating oysters. Kinda funny how the modern church is cool with ignoring some of his commands, and saying they don't matter anymore. And then making up new sins.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, but the thing is with sin, is that sin is usually always accompanied by other sin. When your government endorses perversion, it tends to also endorse things like murder, oppression, and things like that.
    They already do endorse murder and oppression via wars, via police state.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    They already do endorse murder and oppression via wars, via police state.
    Right, but it will become more and more blatant.

This is excellent news!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Love lift us up where we belong.......

FJB

Polygamy is common throughout history and even in many places today. Homosexual marriage, not. So what he is asking for makes more sense.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Love lift us up where we belong.......
    Oh, Hey, that's a really good song. I wonder if I have it. I'm going to go check.

In slightly relevant news - First-ever robot wedding takes place in Japan

Love Rusts.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-01-2015 at 09:39 PM.

I can't wait for a man to marry 10 men at once lol... throw in a rooster in there too.

Maybe the state will allow a man to marry his pillow with a fictional character on it

Why not marry oneself ? A single person marriage - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5906087

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I am actually behind this guy, except for the asking for Gov. permission thing. God never forbade polygamy, although he did bother to forbid seemingly trivial things like eating oysters. Kinda funny how the modern church is cool with ignoring some of his commands, and saying they don't matter anymore. And then making up new sins.
    What are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I always get the feeling that these women who let their husbands take a second wife are just trying to pawn off some of the marriage obligations.
    Maybe. But if Bill is allowed to go polygamist and marry Huma, it's likely Bill would get every night off from his "marriage" obligations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Right, but it will become more and more blatant.
    Yup. In typical debates, the "slippery slope" is considered invalid, but there is so much precedent that what you say here is a very legitimate, valid claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Badgiraffe is working on his harem as we speak.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badgiraffe again.

My wife's been pushing for me to take on a second but one is all I can handle. I'm pretty sure she's just trying to get help with the house work.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    I can't wait for a man to marry 10 men at once lol... throw in a rooster in there too.

Maybe the state will allow a man to marry his pillow with a fictional character on it
    You do know that one cannot sign a contract with an inanimate object and when it comes to marriage, you need the consent of your partner for the state to accept it. Good luck getting consent from a pillow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast