Thread: Officials Warn Public About Cell Phone Case That Looks Like A Gun

Officials Warn Public About Cell Phone Case That Looks Like A Gun

OCEAN CO., N.J. (WPVI) -- The Ocean County, New Jersey Prosecutor's Office is warning the public about sporting a particular cell phone case that's designed to look like a gun.

The prosecutor's office points out that police officers have a hard enough job "without having to make a split second decision in the dark of night when someone may decide to pull their cell phone out without thinking during a traffic stop."

Although it's not illegal, officials say the cell phone case is not a cool product or a good idea.

Source.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-01-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FEAR GUNS!!!!!! EVEN FAKES ONES

FEAR!!!!!!!

FEAAAAAAAAAAR
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

(methinks the photographer just wanted an excuse to snap a shot of her bum)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

That's funny, I have a gun case that looks like a cell phone.

Quick way to get shot by the cops...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Quick way to get shot by the cops...
    they don't need an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    FEAR GUNS!!!!!! EVEN FAKES ONES

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

No ban necessary on this one. Darwin will handle it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    No ban necessary on this one. Darwin will handle it.
    I could see a conversation about money being owed while you're holding a phone to your head that looks like you're resting a pistol against your ear.

"When are you gonna give me that money?!!"

Bystander: "Uh, excuse me?"

-------------------------------

I've already been pissed off by the invention of blue-tooth headsets, where you think someone's talking to you and they aren't. And then you start talking to them and they just grin and point at their ear. But I digress.

------------------------------

As for police shooting someone with one of these in their hands, at least they haven't invented a cell phone case that looks like a dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.