Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay rights fight shifts to anti-discrimination

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Gay rights fight shifts to anti-discrimination

They keep coming for your impure thoughts.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...ation-laws.ece

Exhilarated by the Supreme Court’s endorsement of same-sex marriage, gay rights leaders have turned their sights to what they see as the next big battle: obtaining federal, state and local legal protections in employment, housing, commerce and other arenas, just like those barring discrimination based on race, religion, sex and national origin.

The proposals pit advocates against many of the same religious conservatives who opposed legalizing same-sex marriage, and who now see the protection of what they call religious liberty as their most urgent task. These opponents argue that anti-discrimination laws will inevitably be used to force religious people and institutions to violate their beliefs.

Nationally, anti-discrimination laws for gay people are a patchwork with major geographic inequities, said Brad Sears, executive director of the Williams Institute at the School of Law of the University of California, Los Angeles. “Those who don’t live on the two coasts or in the Northeast have been left behind in terms of legal protection,” he said.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-30-2015 at 12:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This post belongs on the front page of RPF imo.

Nationally, anti-discrimination laws for gay people are a patchwork with major geographic inequities
    Ever tried owning a gun? That's actually in the constitution.
    So on this particular pain point.......

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

Ghey is the new black, in terms of near limitless litigation opportunities. Pheelings, bro.... If you unintentionally hurt my pheelings, I am entitled to proper restitution and justice.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-30-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

/thread

"If it comes from government; so be it"

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

You really wonder about the potential backlash against 'protected groups' when the government finally goes under? They are certainly engendering incredible hate against these groups as opposed to bringing people of different stripes together. The government is potentially setting up a nightmare scenario.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-30-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    This post belongs on the front page of RPF imo.
    +rep

I agree, since it has to do with the loss of freedom.

“We’ve got good reason to be concerned about these laws, because they’ve been found to be coercive where they’ve been enacted,” said Greg Scott, vice president of communications at Alliance Defending Freedom, a Christian legal group.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    +rep

I agree, since it has to do with the loss of freedom.
    +rep you back! BTW, 5 more minutes of prayer for you! Sacrifices need to be made for words are cheap!

+rep you back! BTW, 5 more minutes of prayer for you! Sacrifices need to be made for words are cheap!
    !!!!!!!

!!!!!!!
    Thanks! =)

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

No doubt they will want to push thought crime legislation through in every state as well.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    No doubt they will want to push thought crime legislation through in every state as well.
    Yes. The hate tribunals are coming.

"Gay Mafia"---LMAO here---just picturing that in my mind--sorry. I've never even heard of it before now.
    Last edited by Terry1; 06-30-2015 at 02:07 PM.

We all need to setup prayer groups to keep this from happening! PRAY THE GAY AWAY!!! Pray harder everyone! We can stop this!

Taste the rainbow!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Taste the rainbow!

LOl

We all need to setup prayer groups to keep this from happening! PRAY THE GAY AWAY!!! Pray harder everyone! We can stop this!
    A mutated STD should do the trick.

Instead of throwing out your zingers and trying to bash the "fundies" you hate, you should be worried about what is happening to freedom. Because what is happening is going to happen to you too.

But you are not in this fight for freedom that we are all in.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 06-30-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post

History is just repeating itself. I understand that this is certainly not indicative of all LGBT but it's a scary precedent. Fiercely authoritarian homosexuals.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/080515

Ludwig Lenz worked at the Sex Research Institute in Berlin, which was destroyed by Hitler's Brown Shirts in 1933 likely because its records, including 40,000 confessions from members of the Nazi Party, would have exposed the sexual perversions of Nazi leadership. Lenz said that "not ten percent of the men who, in 1933, took the fate of Germany into their hands, were sexually normal."

In fact, the Nazi Party began in a gay bar in Munich, and Ernst Roehm, Hitler's right hand in the early days of Nazism, was well-known for his taste in young boys. William Shirer says in his definitive "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," not only that Roehm was "important in the rise of Hitler," but also "like so many of the early Nazis, (he was) a homosexual."

Hitler eventually had Roehm shot, not because he was a homosexual but because his influence over the Brown Shirts made him a political threat to Hitler's control. The Roehm Purge, or "Night of the Long Knives," was largely implemented by homosexuals.

Hitler's Brown Shirts, the dreaded SA, better known as "Storm Troopers," were the creation of another homosexual, Gerhard Rossbach, and Storm Troopers were almost exclusively homosexual. They also, sadly, comprised most of the leadership of the Hitler Youth, resulting in frequent instances of sexual molestation.

The Brown Shirts were Hitler's enforcers. According to Nazi historian Louis Snyder, Roehm recruited homosexuals into the SA because Roehm felt Germany needed "a proud and arrogant lot who could brawl, carouse, smash windows, kill and slaughter for the hell of it. Straights, in (Roehm's) eyes, were not as adept in such behavior as practicing homosexuals."
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-30-2015 at 02:22 PM.

I'm sorry, but gays forcing churches to marry them or face discrimination charges is totally wrong. They didn't like being forced to do and be something they weren't and they should respect that of any church just the same who would be violating their religious beliefs by performing a marriage that violates that belief. There's plenty of churches that will marry gays today. There's no need to target churches simply because they feel they can now. After all--nothing will change Gods opinion no matter how many churches they attack for discrimination.
    Last edited by Terry1; 06-30-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    What sorts of things do you think that an LGBT person associates the word 'conservative' with?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but gays forcing churches to marry them or face discrimination charges is totally wrong. They didn't like being forced to do and be something they weren't and they should respect that of any church just the same who would be violating their religious beliefs by performing a marriage that violates that belief. There's plenty of churches that will marry gays today. There's no need to target churches simply because they feel they can now. After all--nothing will change Gods opinion no matter how many churches they attack for discrimination.
    What gays are forcing churches to marry them? Where is this stuff coming from? There are always going to be a few douchebags, but for one second, ONE SECOND, imagine that homosexuals are just like you--except they like other homosexual men.

Now imagine they want to get married, just like (presumably) you do. What in the world would cause you to want to get married in a place full of people that detest you? How awful would that feel. Who is propagating the idea that all of a sudden LGBT couples want to rush into hateful churches and force them to perform wedding ceremonies. THIS IS THEIR WEDDING.

They didn't fight for this right to tweak Christians, they fought for it because they have been denied basic rights, like visiting their partner in the hospital, because they are not considered related.

They want the same dignity treated upon the rest of hetero society through its legal institutions.
    Is that really so much to ask?
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Instead of throwing out your zingers and trying to bash the "fundies" you hate, you should be worried about what is happening to freedom. Because what is happening is going to happen to you too.

But you are not in this fight for freedom that we are all in.
    Trust me, there are a lot of people who support gay people getting their unions and will STILL stand by your side should they come for your churches. Many of whom are on this forum. YOU are the one making it EITHER YOU ARE WITH US OR AGAINST US which is not true. I will stand by your side if they come after your church, I guarantee it! Until then, I will laugh at your Armageddon predictions because of this.
    Last edited by twomp; 06-30-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Clearly, you have not been paying atttention.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    What gays are forcing churches to marry them? Where is this stuff coming from? There are always going to be a few douchebags, but for one second, ONE SECOND, imagine that homosexuals are just like you--except they like other homosexual men.

Now imagine they want to get married, just like (presumably) you do. What in the world would cause you to want to get married in a place full of people that detest you? How awful would that feel. Who is propagating the idea that all of a sudden LGBT couples want to rush into hateful churches and force them to perform wedding ceremonies. THIS IS THEIR WEDDING.

They didn't fight for this right to tweak Christians, they fought for it because they have been denied basic rights, like visiting their partner in the hospital, because they are not considered related.

They want the same dignity treated upon the rest of hetero society through its legal institutions.
    Is that really so much to ask?

Trust me, there are a lot of people who support gay people getting their unions and will STILL stand by your side should they come for your churches. Many of whom are on this forum. YOU are the one making it EITHER YOU ARE WITH US OR AGAINST US which is not true. I will stand by your side if they come after your church, I guarantee it! Until then, I will laugh at your Armageddon predictions because of this.
    You sound like the conservatives in the 08 election who would ask Ron Paul supporters "but what liberties have you actually lost?"

You sound like the conservatives in the 08 election who would ask Ron Paul supporters "but what liberties have you actually lost?"
    And you sound like the statists who say legalizing marijuana will cause everyone to be heroin addicts or stopping the NSA illegal surveillance will lead to the deaths of millions of Americans. Knee-jerk reaction and Fear MONGERING! Bippity Boppity BOO!!

Your problem is with the Governement not the gay people yet you can't seem to separate that because of your religion.

We've already seen bakers, photographers, and others attacked. This isn't just about churches.

Equality is the opposite of liberty, shocker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast