Thread: Brawl breaks out in front of SC Statehouse over Confederate Flag

Brawl breaks out in front of SC Statehouse over Confederate Flag

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/06/...te-flag-brawl/

. COLUMBIA, S.C. (CBS Atlanta/AP) — One man has been arrested after a fight over the Confederate flag in front of the South Carolina Statehouse.
    The brawl started about 7:15 p.m. Monday when about a dozen vehicles with Confederate flag supporters pulled up in front of the Statehouse and stopped in the middle of the street, Public Safety Department spokeswoman Sherri Iacobelli said in a statement.
    About 10 of the flag supporters clashed with about 30 people who were on the Statehouse grounds protesting the flag, the statement said.
    “The blood on my face, the blood in my teeth, the blood on my hands is no comparison to the Southern blood that runs through my veins,” Joe Linder told CBS News.
    Linder, who was hit during the fight, supports the Confederate flag and says “racism has no part” in it.
    “I’m gonna tell you one thing, I ain’t sitting down; this’ll just make me walk taller,” he told CBS News.
    About 50 officers responded and contained the clash, including officers from the Bureau of Protective Services assigned to the Statehouse, as well as Columbia police, University of South Carolina officers and the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
    Two blocks of the street in front of the Statehouse was closed for a brief time during the disturbance.
    Sydney Baldwin told CBS News the fight began when someone took his flag.
    “I jumped out of my truck,” Baldwin said. “That was all I did, was grab my flag and I got hit in the side.”
    Nicholas Thompson, 25, of Irmo, South Carolina, has been charged with disorderly conduct. It wasn’t clear if he has an attorney.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 06-30-2015 at 12:25 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmm so the anti-free speech people initiated the violence, no surprise.

lol, I wish the KKK/CIA would stay out of it (at the end of the piece the reporter mentioned the KKK would be coming to protest in a couple weeks or something.. I guess they need some time to post some ads on craigslist)
    Last edited by dannno; 06-30-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm pretty sure when the real "brawl" and the real "clash" happen, CBS news won't be allowed anywhere near the disenfranchised side.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Well... it is "pride" month still.

Black pride, southern pride, gay pride. America sure is a proud lady.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hmm so the anti-free speech people initiated the violence, no surprise.

lol, I wish the KKK/CIA would stay out of it (at the end of the piece the reporter mentioned the KKK would be coming to protest in a couple weeks or something.. I guess they need some time to post some ads on craigslist)
    I agree...if anything had to be banned..too bad it couldn't be the KKK. Unfortunately it's going to turn into a circus of rednecks and race baiters and the point will be lost.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I agree...if anything had to be banned..too bad it couldn't be the KKK. Unfortunately it's going to turn into a circus of rednecks and race baiters and the point will be lost.
    You know it's probably mostly Feds that will be there.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

I are a redneck........

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I are a redneck........
    When I say redneck I mean snaggle toothed troglodytes. So we'll see you on the tee vee Tod?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Hey..... rednecks just need access to sunscreen.

Sydney Baldwin told CBS News the fight began when someone took his flag.
    “I jumped out of my truck,” Baldwin said. “That was all I did, was grab my flag and I got hit in the side.”
    Nicholas Thompson, 25, of Irmo, South Carolina, has been charged with disorderly conduct. It wasn’t clear if he has an attorney.
    We need moar tolerance!!!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

When I say redneck I mean snaggle toothed troglodytes. So we'll see you on the tee vee Tod?
    Are snaffle toothed troglodytes not people too?

If only people would smarten up and realized they are being played like a fiddle. *Sigh*
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Symbol worship. Don't care. I'm not southern and only a U.S. citizen by happenstance of birth. Fight, Fight, Fight, a black and white. Have fun, kill each other please. I'm gonna surf the internet and cook some french fried taters.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Are snaffle toothed troglodytes not people too?
    I think you all know what I mean. KKK types would fit in this category. I come from a long line of Scots Irish North Carolinians and I was born in Texas so I feel I can put my own interpretation on the term redneck.

I would really like to see the Sons of Confederate Veterans and re-enactors in southern uniforms, along with members from the AME church, meet them in a counter protest. But, it probably won't happen.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I would really like to see the Sons of Confederate Veterans and re-enactors in southern uniforms, along with members from the AME church, meet them in a counter protest. But, it probably won't happen.
    Ya mean like this dude?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ya mean like this dude?

Yup. I'd pitch in for a fund to get H.K. Edgerton.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. I'd pitch in for a fund to get H.K. Edgerton.
    Dude's got his $#@! together..

http://www.southernheritage411.com/

Brawl breaks out in front of SC Statehouse over Confederate Flag
    Oh. It was just some protestestors going after each other.

Was anyone else disappointed that this story wasn't about some hack politician attacking some other hack politician?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Same here. They have as much a right to protest as anyone else but they aren't really helping if their goal is to protect the flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Same here. They have as much a right to protest as anyone else but they aren't really helping if their goal is to protect the flag.
    Seeing as they're Feds, I doubt that's their goal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Symbol worship. Don't care. I'm not southern and only a U.S. citizen by happenstance of birth. Fight, Fight, Fight, a black and white. Have fun, kill each other please. I'm gonna surf the internet and cook some french fried taters.
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12