Thread: Walmart Apologizes for Making ISIS Cake for Man Denied Confederate Flag Design

Walmart Apologizes for Making ISIS Cake for Man Denied Confederate Flag Design

We used to spread freedoms, now we're not even sure what freedom is.

Walmart Apologizes for Making ISIS Cake for Man Denied Confederate Flag Design

Jun 29, 2015, 1:23 PM ET
    By SUSANNA KIM

A Walmart store mistakenly baked a man a cake with an ISIS flag design.
    Chuck Netzhammer/YouTube

A man in Louisiana is asking for an explanation from Walmart after his request for a Confederate flag cake at one of its bakeries was rejected, but a design with the ISIS flag was accepted.
    Chuck Netzhammer said he ordered the image of the Confederate flag on a cake with the words, "Heritage Not Hate," on Thursday at a Walmart in Slidell, Louisiana. But the bakery denied his request, he said. At some point later, he ordered the image of the ISIS flag that represents the terrorist group.

"I went back yesterday and managed to get an ISIS battleflag printed. ISIS happens to be somebody who we're fighting against right now who are killing our men and boys overseas and are beheading Christians," Netzhammer said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walma...ry?id=32103721

Related

Caution!! graphic: CNN freaks out over gay pride parade display

No need to panic ; Former CIA deputy station chief discusses ISIS with Iraqi Sunni leaders

ISIS = RM 2.0 ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i'd like to see more trolling like this. dude's got a little bit of smarts, though he hasn't figured out that IS/ISIL/ISIS is a US-funded and backed terror group.

I think some people would consider it PC run amok for someone to use the media to get a private company to apologize for running their business the way they want just because said company hurt their feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I think some people would consider it PC run amok for someone to use the media to get a private company to apologize for running their business the way they want just because said company hurt their feelings?
    Excuse me if I don't have sympathy for a tax whore of a company like WalMarx. Do this to mom and pop shop and I might be pissed but WalMarx can go $#@! themselves. You dance with the devil and you'll get the horns. I find this quite funny. Yet all the "Git ISIS" crowd will still shop there even though they ban confederate flag cakes and will gladly make you a terrorist cake. LMFAO!
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wal-Marx.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

If it shows how silly all this stuff is, then I'm in favor of it.

I don't think I'd have a piece of that pie though, it looks toxic.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obviously, Walmart should add the ISIS cake to the list of banned cake designs.

Next time I'm near a Wal-Mart I'll ask if they'll do a Rebel flag...

Out here in the Ozarks something tells me that not only will I get a flag cake I'll get 20% off....

Folks around here don't do PC well....

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Obviously, Walmart should add the ISIS cake to the list of banned cake designs.
    Just ban the frosting; its clear that they can't handle that much freedom responsibly.

For some reason this topic made me think of the ultimate way to troll them..

Ask them to print the entire number pi (get it) on top of the cake...
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    For some reason this topic made me think of the ultimate way to troll them..

Ask them to print the entire number pi (get it) on top of the cake...
    That's not actually how it works, you bring a picture of the design you want, their scanner scans it and makes cake frosting design out of it. You can't just tell them what to make and expect them to make one.

If you know the person doing the scanning, I am sure you can get him/her to scan any design you want unto the cake without the corporate office knowing anything about it.

That's not actually how it works, you bring a picture of the design you want, their scanner scans it and makes cake frosting design out of it. You can't just tell them what to make and expect them to make one.

If you know the person doing the scanning, I am sure you can get him/her to scan any design you want unto the cake without the corporate office knowing anything about it.

I've never bought a cake.. Guess I'm not good at trolling them.
    About to make some apple pie!
    "I am a bird"

so walmart will make gay cakes, but not confederate cakes? oh ok that's not discrimination at all
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I suppose it's going to be the whiskey that's next. Somebody will complain there isn't any Kentucky Gay Bourbon Whiskey.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    i'd like to see more trolling like this. dude's got a little bit of smarts, though he hasn't figured out that IS/ISIL/ISIS is a US-funded and backed terror group.
    No confirmed proof in MSM of this.
    There have been reports of US officials supporting only language teaching programs in mideast here and there.

Yousef Al Tenaiji with National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I've never bought a cake..
    +REP

Who the hell wants to eat a colored sponge with a sugar boat caulk inkjet printing on it?

More to the point, is it any coincidence that the people who patronize this place are generally spherical?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Even if they made the Confederate cake, no way would I eat it. Who knows what the employees put in it or did to it.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Walmart the corporate entity isn't making these cakes.

It's Tiffany, the minimum wage worker who has been there for three weeks. Or Jeff, the disgruntled former customer service manager who was demoted from his position and placed in the bakery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

C'mon WalMart, just claim that it's a gay wedding cake.

And what they're doing isn't PC run amok?

I think too often here people assume that just because it's done privately, that we shouldn't call them out when they're being hypocritical or wrong.

Supporting privatization does not mean you have to support or remain silent about what they do. Quite the opposite, it gives us the ability to air out and resolve our issues with eachother without the use of force.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...