Thread: Good to see Doug Wead named Senior Advisor

Good to see Doug Wead named Senior Advisor

ELECTION 2016
    WHY RAND PAUL REMINDS ME OF REAGAN
    Exclusive Doug Wead describes supporters as the 'give me back my freedom coalition'

Note: Doug Wead recently was named senior adviser to the Rand Paul presidential campaign.

For the first time since Ronald Reagan, we have a political figure running for office who is actually leading a popular movement and not just seeking personal power. I’m talking about Sen. Rand Paul, whose group of supporters can best be described as the “give me back my freedom coalition.”

Not since Reagan has a Republican candidate transcended partisan politics and attracted so many new, young and diverse voters – the kind of coalition it is going to take to wrestle the White House back from the Democrats.

Sen. Paul appeals to all Americans through his mutual opposition to the corruption of our current economic system. Regulations create contrived monopolies for some companies and keep new ones out of the marketplace. Government subsidies favor corporations that have the best lobbyists. The result? The rich have been getting richer, and the poor have been getting poorer. Sen. Paul favors a return to free markets, which will allow the idea of the American Dream to become more achievable for everyone.

Additionally, Sen. Paul understands how Americans, especially young Americans, value their privacy in the digital age. He believes that what is on your phone is your business and has adamantly opposed the unnecessary and illegal data collection of innocent Americans’ records without a warrant. His filibuster, which led to much needed calibrations of the Patriot Act, only proved how committed Sen. Paul is to protecting the Fourth Amendment.

Sen. Paul also speaks to potential, new Republican voters through his calls for criminal justice reform. He understands that cutthroat punishments and excessive taxation don’t cure poverty, but rather increase it. The senator has called for comprehensive reform measures that will reunite broken families and end the cycle of incarceration for non-violent ex-offenders.

With regards to foreign policy, Sen. Paul has made it clear that America will do what has to be done to defend ourselves in the Middle East and elsewhere. In terms of the radical Islamic threat our nation faces, the senator was one of the first public figures to call for a Declaration of War against ISIS. But perhaps even more significantly, he would not have armed ISIS in the first place. Two years ago he tried to block the U.S. Senate from transferring arms and vehicles to Syrian rebels. “It could fall into the wrong hands,” he warned. Two years later, American equipment raced across the Middle East with black ISIS flags waving, slaughtering Christians and Muslims who opposed them.

Sen. Paul is the candidate running for the people, not personal gain. It is no surprise that Sen. Paul does better than any other GOP candidate when pitted against Hillary Clinton. Rand Paul is a new type of politician, attracting support from all different ages and areas, as he fights for fundamental rights, restores the people’s trust in their government and helps get America back to work.

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/06/why-ra...1Lfddgyq2XC.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm happy. i'm pleased. DOUG WEAD has a neat FB page!

YES!
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I like Doug Wead and his grass fed protein powder business

Hey, Matt, how is that going by the way?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I love me some Doug Wead but this has me scratching my head.

Not since Reagan has a Republican candidate transcended partisan politics and attracted so many new, young and diverse voters – the kind of coalition it is going to take to wrestle the White House back from the Democrats.

Nice. He is great on TV.

Which reminds me....I hope JC Watts is going to be more active as things heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I love me some Doug Wead but this has me scratching my head.
    Hmm. Why's that?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Hmm. Why's that?
    Because Ron Paul did this, and Rand is only taking over his following.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Hmm. Why's that?
    A tip of the hat to Ron is in order methinks..

Doug Wead is also very familiar with the Bush family, could prove to be an asset to Rand's staff in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Doug Wead is also very familiar with the Bush family, could prove to be an asset to Rand's staff in that regard.
    Yes, it would be interesting what ALL Doug knows. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...er-Barry-Seal&

I love Doug! Never did get why he sleazed it with that pyramid scheme with Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Because Ron Paul did this, and Rand is only taking over his following.
    True, but Ron had no outreach to black voters. He had the same issues that could attract them, but did not make a big enough deal out of it. That would have dented the bite from the newsletter-controversy, and in retrospect the lack of black voter outreach was a mistake.

Edit: @Matt Collins, if you happen to pop by this thread; I remember that you earlier mentioned that Doug had something very exciting going on with regards to the campaign. Can this be elaborated upon now?
    Last edited by Foreigner; 06-30-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I love Doug! Never did get why he sleazed it with that pyramid scheme with Israel.
    I wonder if Matt Collins joined because of Wead or Wead because of Collins?

https://randpaul.com/news/rand-paul-...senior-adviser

Rand Paul for President Names Doug Wead as Senior Adviser

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Rand Paul for President today announces the addition of Doug Wead as Senior Adviser and Religious Liaison.

Doug Wead is an Indiana native, Presidential historian, New York Times bestselling author and former Special Assistant to the President in the George H.W. Bush White House. He worked on evangelical outreach with both George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. Wead is a veteran of six presidential campaigns, most recently serving as a Senior Adviser to Ron Paul's 2012 presidential bid. Doug Wead wrote Ronald Reagan's campaign biography in 1980 and served three times with Mrs. Reagan as Co-Chairman of the bi-partisan Charity Awards Dinner. In 1988 he authored a book of interviews with George H.W. Bush. Wead is commonly credited with having coined the phrase "compassionate conservative."

"Senator Rand Paul is unlike any other Republican," says Doug Wead. "He is the only contender who beats Hillary Clinton head to head in battleground states, and I think it's because Rand Paul has real, organic support from youth, from Hispanics, from African-Americans and from Independents. Rand Paul speaks to those who care about civil liberties, criminal justice reform, ending corruption in our economy, and restoring the American Dream. I am proud to Stand with Rand as he runs for President of the United States."

"I am very grateful to have Doug Wead's endorsement and support. He is an incredibly influential conservative and evangelical leader, and I look forward to working alongside Doug to solve our nation's current moral crisis," said Sen. Rand Paul.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.