Thread: NBC: Done With Donald Trump, Miss USA, Miss Universe

NBC: Done With Donald Trump, Miss USA, Miss Universe

NBC: Done With Donald Trump, Miss USA, Miss Universe

by Lisa de Moraes
    June 29, 2015 11:08am

NBC just announced:

At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values.

Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump.

To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC .

In addition, as Mr. Trump has already indicated, he will not be participating in “The Apprentice” on NBC.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/nbc-dona...se-1201461913/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love watching The General Electric Channel b.s. their pet progs.

Of course NBC isn't going to air Teh Donald any more. They can't. He's a presidential candidate. There is still at least one part of the old Equal Time laws left on the books.

For them to pretend it's because of what comes out of his big mouth is laughable. Stuff has been coming out of his big mouth since before The Apprentice was just a gleam in some programmer's fevered eye.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-29-2015 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You'll be missed, ladies.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Ah, the old reliable hypocritical left-wing presstitutes.

Trump fired by NBC

//
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 06-29-2015 at 07:24 PM.

//
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 06-29-2015 at 07:24 PM.

YOU'RE FIRED!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here. General Electric wants their pet progs to think that NBC did this for some principled reason. But they lie. They can't give him a show unless they give every candidate in the race a show of their own.

It's called Equal Time laws. Most of them were repealed. But not all of them.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here. General Electric wants their pet progs to think that NBC did this for some principled reason. But they lie. They can't give him a show unless they give every candidate in the race a show of their own.

You're full of it. If there was such a law they'd all have broken it already when Ron Paul got 1 minute on TV for every 200 minutes Frothy got.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I can see it now, 'The liberal media hates me so much they fired me!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    You're full of it. If there was such a law they'd all have broken it already when Ron Paul got 1 minute on TV for every 200 minutes Frothy got.
    Look it up. It doesn't apply to news shows. It applies to entertainment shows.

It was a relief when Reagan ran. You might still see a bad old movie on the late late show. But at least you didn't have to deal with The Gipper.

Now then. Which of us is actually full of it?

Edit: 'Entertainment' isn't the right word. Any show in which the candidate is a regular cast member, in any case. Why do you think Fox and Huckabee part ways every four years like clockwork?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-29-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Now then. Which of us is actually full of it?
    Warrior_of_Freedom, clearly.

The thing is the comment he made was that Mexico is not sending their best and brightest, they are sending their worst. I don't see how that is racist. If you sent the worst of white people somewhere you could probably describe them similarly to how Trump described them.

People have a hard time comprehending the egnlish sometimes.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Of course, Fox doesn't go all attention whore when The Huckster takes his leave of absence, and pretend to have principles. But then, he probably gets better ratings than Celebrity Apprentice.

His hair however will be allowed to finish the remainder of the contract

No surprise.

NBC is only interested in drag queens and gay men these days.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I stated in the other thread, I'm not surprised at all by this move, because NBC is only interested in trannies and gay men these days.

Have I got this straight? NBC will not be the network THE APPRENTICE is on, and this is after THAH DONALD recovers from POTOMAC FEVER?

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    As I stated in the other thread, I'm not surprised at all by this move, because NBC is only interested in trannies and gay men these days.
    And guys that can't form more than a four word sentence, like Al Sharpton.

NBC asked Trump to apologize and he refused.

Ah, the benefits of being a billionaire. It means you don't have to kiss anyone's ass.

Trump may very well be the first legitimate Presidential candidate in ages to not wear a yarmulke at the Wailing wall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    His hair however will be allowed to finish the remainder of the contract
    It holds up better than he does anyway.

this could have a chilling effect on free speech. suppose a network fires actors who endorse Rand or any other non-Hillary or non Jeb candidate? or refuse to take ads? Trump did nothing wrong. he did not use NBC as his platform. these networks are public utilities. and if they can do whatever they want then couldn't Con ed shut off the Trump tower?

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    this could have a chilling effect on free speech. suppose a network fires actors who endorse Rand or any other non-Hillary or non Jeb candidate? or refuse to take ads? Trump did nothing wrong. he did not use NBC as his platform. these networks are public utilities. and if they can do whatever they want then couldn't Con ed shut off the Trump tower?
    A television network is a public utility?

Water, heat, propaganda?

That's a major step down Orwell Road. They're already taking away people's kids and houses for not doing business with the electric company. The day they threaten to jail me for not doing business with the cable company I'm liable to go, just to avoid supporting CNN.

"But Brian Williams has our full support."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    That is a case against regulating the internet.

Fred Thompson's candidacy gave us the decision that non-political airtime didn't count towards the limit.

We really should amend the constitution with something like “Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.”
    Last edited by angelatc; 06-30-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Fred Thompson's candidacy gave us the decision that non-political airtime didn't count towards the limit.
    Well, that certainly doesn't include the beauty contests, though they may be the best geography lesson many Americans ever get. But I assumed NBC was just losing money on those.

As for Celebrity Apprentice, in its own way it's the most political show on the air.