Thread: Read These Email Headlines from Rand Paul: Is He Gonna Be OK?

Arrow Read These Email Headlines from Rand Paul: Is He Gonna Be OK?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Read These Email Headlines from Rand Paul: Is He Gonna Be OK?

http://libertychat.com/2015/06/read-...e-gonna-be-ok/

LOL!

Looks like his people need to diversify their email topics.

I got one where the subject simply read "Doomed".

Quote Originally Posted by dntrpltt View Post
    I got one where the subject simply read "Doomed".
    Got that too, and it did not match the message. Clearly implied in the title is give money or else, but the email read pretty upbeat to me. I'm skeptical as to how wise the fundraising 'experts' are, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

cool. we again are over~reacting. it ain't that bad... yet.
    Id Software's breakout hit was DOOM! its a gamer classic!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-lQZzevwA (1993)

My girlfriend gets these emails and always shares their subject lines with me! It's always doom and gloom... I told her that this is because Rand is trying to appeal to the Republican base and his staff must have determined that these buzz words work. I would guess that the language will change if he secures the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    My girlfriend gets these emails and always shares their subject lines with me! It's always doom and gloom... I told her that this is because Rand is trying to appeal to the Republican base and his staff must have determined that these buzz words work. I would guess that the language will change if he secures the nomination.
    I was going to start a thread about this. His e-mails are super depressing. I hope it's a strategy that works but it seems to not inspire much confidence in his campaign. Makes we want to unsubscribe.

Let me take a wild guess. "Market testing has indicated that these headlines grab attention and result in more donations than happy subject lines." Frank Luntz approves.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

The latest subject line: Doomed.

-----Original Message-----
    From: rand.paul@randpaul2016.com [mailto:rand.paul@randpaul2016.com]
    Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015
    To: <snipped>
    Subject: Doomed

With only 72 hours left before the deadline for my End of Quarter Money Bomb, I'll get right to the point.

If the media picks a candidate from the mushy middle to be our party's nominee, 2016 is destined for disaster.

And with polls showing me leading Hillary Clinton in key swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, the liberal press will pull out all the stops to diminish my candidacy.

They want to write the story that this election will be fought over "whose turn it is."

So I need to count on you to chip in a contribution to my End of Quarter Money Bomb before the June 30th deadline and send a message that Republican voters will select our party's nominee and not the media <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/2> .

<snipped>l, I'm running for President because status quo politicians from BOTH parties have failed us.

And from the day I entered this race, I believed I could win because the American people are tiring of candidates who run because they are "inevitable."

Polls show I'm the Republican best positioned to defeat Hillary Clinton because voters are rallying to my plan to defeat the Washington Machine by:

*** Cutting taxes and spending. My 14.5% flat-rate tax plan would drive a stake through the heart of the IRS, return $2 TRILLION to the American people, and create 1.4 million new jobs;

*** Ending the reign of career politicians by passing term limits;

*** Forcing members of Congress to read the bills they vote on -- instead of springing last-minute thousand page bills on the American people that are laden with handouts to those with the best lobbyists;

*** Repealing ALL of ObamaCare. Every last word of this horrendous government takeover of our healthcare;

*** Auditing the Federal Reserve;

*** Protecting the entire Bill of Rights -- including the Second Amendment, our right to religious liberty, the God-given right to life, and our right to privacy from government snooping.

But time is running out and I need to count on your support.

So please chip in a contribution of $20.16 to my End of Quarter Money Bomb before the June 30th deadline and send a message that Republican voters - and not the media - will pick our nominee for President <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/2> .

Contributed to End of Quarter Money Bomb?
    ## NO DONATION ##

Chip in $10 immediately >> <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/>
    Chip in $25 immediately >> <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/>
    Chip in $50 immediately >> <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/>
    Chip in $100 immediately >> <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/>
    Or donate another amount >> <http://if.inboxfirst.com/ga/click/>
    I used to read the Ron, Rand and CFL emails. Some how I ended up in a bunch of other lists with emails that look fairly similar to what I get from them. Between all the emails it got to the point I was receiving so many I just stopped reading all of them.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Well done, OP.

In before Matt Collins says this is marketing 101

I got an email today thanking me for past contributions and asking if I'd be willing to chip in $1500 before the deadline, but also that any amount is fine. Bold lol
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Don't be feeble,

They have the ability to know how you engage the emails they send. I don't know their specific reasoning but it has to be the type of title that gets the most clicks, because getting people to click and hooking them to read line by line is what is the most important part of the emails, otherwise they're pointless.

Don't be feeble, the campaign is not crashing and burning just because they're using doomish sounding titles. They just want to reach the maximum amount of people for donations as this fundraising quarter ends.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post

Thread Winner. Lock this thread now, there can be nothing more said LOL
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have to understand that they're tracking everything about these emails from the click through rates on subject lines to the conversion rates on the back end (someone making a donation). They're also constantly A/B testing different subject lines and body content. If a particular subject for an email shows a below average performance, they're not going to continue using it. They're also measuring engagement and attempting to "nurture" the lists.

You cannot make a judgement on how well the campaign is doing based on it's email marketing material. As a full time internet marketer of 10 years, I'm quite certain that they're executing this properly.

Cruz is doing this too. I guess it works?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Let me take a wild guess. "Market testing has indicated that these headlines grab attention and result in more donations than happy subject lines." Frank Luntz approves.
    If Frank Luntz was on the case the campaign would have more money than it could spend.

Why we can't hire the best in the game I just don't know.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post

I laughed so hard, I almost hurt myself!