Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses Due To Gay Marriage SCOTUS Ruling

Thumbs up Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses Due To Gay Marriage SCOTUS Ruling

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

well alright then

This... is the correct decision. Let's hope they make it permanent.
    "The Patriarch"

Works for me . Seems to me the majority of younger people are no longer interested in marriage , maybe they figured out they will retain more freedom from gubmit interference by avoiding .

Yes!! Get the goonerment out of sanctioning marriage. Marriage is a contract between two people and their creator, no one else (and if the two people don't believe in the creator they can leave him out - it's their loss...)
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 06-27-2015 at 11:03 AM.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Marriage is FAR older than the United States. In fact, it's more ancient than statism itself. The only reason you need a marriage license is because you want all the other incumbent privileges that government gives you (like divorce arbitration, spousal privilege, healthcare, insurance, etc.) because apparently you are incapable of writing up and enforcing a private contract by yourselves.

~ MD
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-23-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How are they going to track, intrude, coerce, and attempt to own families without marriage licenses? Might be more difficult.

news flash, you don't need a license to get married. tax breaks are an entirely different story
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Watch this:

"Ok, Mississippi, you will no longer issue marriage licenses. Fine. As of such and such date, we will be witholding all federal social services funding for your state, until such time as you are back in compliance". Sincerely, FedGov."

dupe
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-27-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Watch this:

"Ok, Mississippi, you will no longer issue marriage licenses. Fine. As of such and such date, we will be witholding all federal social services funding for your state, until such time as you are back in compliance". Sincerely, FedGov."
    Oh yeah.

triple
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-27-2015 at 01:18 PM.

grand slam
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-27-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Watch this:

have you ever been to Mississippi? It's already a complete $#@! hole. They have little to lose.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watch this:

Watch this:

Watch this:

Watch this:

Quadruple. That must mean it will come true.

Watch this:

That's why, for this to work, multiple states (in particular, all the hard red states that were never going to recognize gay marriage outside of the SCOTUS ruling) will have to stop issuing licenses, not just Mississippi. Many of them would also have to hold their ground when the "withdrawing federal services" warning comes, perhaps perhaps by way of a jointly issued counter warning:

"Ok, federal tyrants, you will be withholding funding. Fine, because we hereby announce we are seceding, until such time as you are back in compliance. Sincerely, the Free and Independent States."
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 06-27-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    That's why, for this to work, multiple states (in particular, all the hard red states that were never going to recognize gay marriage outside of the SCOTUS ruling) will have to stop issuing licenses, not just Mississippi. Many of them would also have to hold their ground when the "withdrawing federal services" warning comes, perhaps with a jointly issued counter warning:

"Ok, federal tyrants, you will be withholding funding. Fine, because we hereby announce we are seceding, until such time as you are back in compliance."
    Oh, how badly I wish
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-22-2016 at 06:28 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Paging Mr. Bradley, time to deliver a big heaping platter of crow to the N.C legislature.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    That's why, for this to work, multiple states (in particular, all the hard red states that were never going to recognize gay marriage outside of the SCOTUS ruling) will have to stop issuing licenses, not just Mississippi. Many of them would also have to hold their ground when the "withdrawing federal services" warning comes, perhaps perhaps by way of a jointly issued counter warning:

"Ok, federal tyrants, you will be withholding funding. Fine, because we hereby announce we are seceding, until such time as you are back in compliance. Sincerely, the Free and Independent States."
    I wish .Sounds good . If my state puts it on a ballot I will vote to opt out .

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Paging Mr. Bradley, time to deliver a big heaping platter of crow to the N.C legislature.
    No doubt. Gunny was a leader on this. If they would have only listened.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yup, no $#@!, this.

"Somehow, I told you so, just doesn't cut it."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I Pray to the Church of SCOTUS!!!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This... is the correct decision. Let's hope they make it permanent.
    Hasn't Alabama already headed in the direction is disengaging government from marriage? Seems like a good trend.

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Marriage is FAR older than the United States. In fact, it's more ancient than statism itself. The only reason you need a marriage license is because you want all the other incumbent privileges that government gives you (like divorce arbitration, spousal privilege, healthcare, insurance, etc.) because apparently you are incapable of writing up and enforcing a private contract by yourselves.

~ MD
    I thought it was originally for handling disputes over Estates and Inheritance by formally declaring people as Married to each other. I guess it depends on how Marriage emerged as a custom historically in different cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    POSSIBLE UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE (shouting limited to those three words): If Mississippi does do away with all the little marriage caveats in their laws (particularly inheritance) ... watch for the wealthy to flee the state to other states where they can get the tax and inheritance benefits (Unless of course, Mississippi is tax neutral on such matters).
    I'm pretty sure that any wealthy people in that state who didn't really want to specifically be there are already long gone. As the poorest state in the nation, it's the exact opposite of a haven for the wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    have you ever been to Mississippi? It's already a complete $#@! hole. They have little to lose.
    Uh not all of it.... lots of it is amazing.....

That being said, they get like $2 back from the federal government for every $1 dollar they send to DC.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

How many is that per year, two?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast