Thread: What is your prediction on Rand Paul's tax plan if he becomes President?

What is your prediction on Rand Paul's tax plan if he becomes President?

I'm predicting that the tax lobbyists will have their way with the Congress and the bill won't pass. However, Irwin Schiff will be pardoned for tax evasion and given the Medal of Freedom. For his acceptance speech, he say "There is no law requiring person to pay income taxes". Rand Paul will refuse to appoint an IRS director and for most unconstitutional programs will eventually disappear. The tax industry will dissipate because no one is enforcing the tax laws. It will work itself out naturally.

However, this tax plan will sound reasonable to the low information voter. What do you think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will do whatever Rothbard wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    He will do whatever most of Rothbard wanted
    Still have to worry about congress

My SWAG, IF he asks for it, he will not get it.

It will not pass as is at 14.5% but higher.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

It will be modified to a 2 tier tax - 14.5% above 50k and 19.5% above 500k income*

* actual numbers may vary

I think that unless Rand is very clear about what he will and won't sign, the bill will look nothing like what he is proposing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Do you ever notice that no new tax plan is ever proposed, in order to produce LESS revenue?

Hmm?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 06-27-2015 at 12:36 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Do you ever notice that no new tax plan is ever proposed, in order to produce LESS revenue?

Hmm?
    The size of the government always goes up, no matter who sits in the Oval Office ?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The size of the government always goes up, no matter who sits in the Oval Office ?
    Government expands to meet the needs of expanding government. <gag!>

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post

Hmm?
    Every plan Rand has ever proposed has brought in less revenue. Reagan's plan in 1982 wasn't revenue neutral.

McConnell, Boehner and their masters would never pass Rand's plan as proposed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Imagine a president actually using the bully pulpit? If everyone could earn a few extra thousand a year at the minimum a few press conferences urging everyone to contact their representatives could actually do something. At the least it'd show people who their reps listen to - their constituents or the lobbyists.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq