Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memphis Mayor Wants To Dig up the Grave of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Memphis Mayor Wants To Dig up the Grave of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest

Who was the poster who predicted this two days ago?

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...r-general.html

Memphis Mayor A.C. Wharton wants to dig up the bodies of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife and remove them from a city park in the latest and perhaps most despicable example of the anti-Southern cleansing spreading across the nation.

“Which African-American wants to have a picnic in the shadow of Nathan Bedford Forrest?” Wharton said in a Thursday press briefing.

In addition to desecrating the graves, Wharton wants to tear down a massive statue honoring the Confederate general who was involved in organizing the Ku Klux Klan. The bodies of Forrest and his wife would be relocated to a cemetery.

“These relics, these messages of this despicable period of this great nation, it’s time for those to be moved,” the mayor said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Memphis is a $#@!hole.....

I don't even like driving through it to visit friends down South.......

Good.

Erase it all. Obliterate the war from the public consciousness altogether.

That is a far better starting position for meaningful change than what we have now.
    They've poisoned the secession well for 150 years. Let them voluntarily start adding fresh water.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Memphis is a $#@!hole.....

I don't even like driving through it to visit friends down South.......

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 06-01-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Yep, go ahead, dig him up and then just kill him several more times. That really ought to take care of it. GRRRRR!

Time to rewrite the song for today's events....

In addition to desecrating the graves, Wharton wants to tear down a massive statue honoring the Confederate general who was involved in organizing the Ku Klux Klan.
    Damn it, why do people keep saying that? He neither organized nor played any part in its founding. He was granted control when it started spreading, but he did not organize it. Little details like that irk me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Good point, Gen. Forrest probably approves of this plan.
    Which plan is that?

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 06-01-2016 at 09:10 PM.

The real irony is that Forrest donated the land to the city. Now they want to dig up his remains....

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The real irony is that Forrest donated the land to the city. Now they want to dig up his remains....
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Memphis Mayor A.C. Wharton wants to dig up the bodies of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife and remove them from a city park in the latest and perhaps most despicable example of the anti-Southern cleansing spreading across the nation.

“Which African-American wants to have a picnic in the shadow of Nathan Bedford Forrest?” Wharton said in a Thursday press briefing.

In addition to desecrating the graves, Wharton wants to tear down a massive statue honoring the Confederate general who was involved in organizing the Ku Klux Klan. The bodies of Forrest and his wife would be relocated to a cemetery.

“These relics, these messages of this despicable period of this great nation, it’s time for those to be moved,” the mayor said.
    Has A.C. Wharton ever mentioned a concern about Chickasaw picnic habits?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Who was the poster who predicted this two days ago?
    Booyah!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It won't be long until they call to disinter the graves of the Confederate soldiers. How dare they take up sacred American soil! Why, their very presence is an insult to the Northerners that lay beside them that fought for the express purpose of abolishing slavery! Dig them up!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...29#post5903529
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-26-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Sounds about right for Memphis lolz
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Which African-American wants to have a picnic in the shadow of Nathan Bedford Forrest?” Wharton said in a Thursday press briefing
    With only 166 other public parks in Memphis to choose from I could see where this is a problem.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What self respecting hyphenated American would eat anything at a public park in Memphis in the first place?

Fightin' off rats-n-junkies ain't my idea of a picnic.....

Been to Memphis years back, walked from WC Handy park to the Lorraine Motel. It was creepy as $#@!, nobody around, bullet holes in apartment buildings, got panhandled constantly. Good barbecue though.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

FOLKS... MY BIAS IS MUCH MORE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE STATE OF FRANKLIN BUT I DO NOT CUSS OUT THE CITY AND GOOD FOLKS OF MEMPHIS.
    A PROFOUND MORAL PHILOSOPHER SAID THIS ONLINE EARLIER TODAY... "the Wars of the Roses were polarized between York and Lancaster, each major House having a clear line of descent from Edward III. The English Civil War saw Cavalier and Roundhead polarized over religion and politics. Unless we all fork over monies to build his family a neat and nifty mausoleum that is nicer than their current restingplace, I say leave them be! Lets not cuss out poor politically incorrect Andrew Johnson as much as we simply accept we've finally gone as French as the French Revolutionaries of 1792. We need to be more tolerant than less, we need to not fail our young via our public and private school systems. Dylann Roof netsurfed onto Neo-Nazi hate sites, murdered nine total strangers, and then is trying to make himself into a martyr for a cause. The backlash is hitting the Dixiecrats and Democrats whose parents, grandparents or great-grandparents helped FDR achieve several political landslides."

So, when every Confederate flag has been burned, every Confederate monument and memorial destroyed, and the grave of any Confederate soldier or official desecrated, the US will be free of racism, amirite?

At least the Puritans were more honest about hunting for witches.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Seriously, before Oliver Cromwell's Puritans, we have Henry VIII who had many cathedrals, monasteries and churches torn down
    and anything of value sold off. The Greyfriars priory site where RICHARD III was found above ground is gone. Part of the reason
    for our Separation of Church and State is the sad and tragic history of England as the Reformation hit. Henry VIII's mother is the
    niece of RICHARD III, he is the union of York & Lancaster due to the political deal his two grandmothers cut. Admittedly the early
    Puritans of my home state were dour, draconian, "no nonsense" and severe. It was a religious and political theocracy without equal.

Since flags-n-dead folks are so offensive to this mayor I've gotta assume that the mere mention of slavery is too..

Or is he maybe one of those people who think he's owed something?

One of those people who play on guilt and/or anger while screaming entitlement?

$#@! him!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made a prediction two days ago and it has come to pass. I'll make another.

If this full court press continues there will be an equal or greater amount of tragedy.

This bull$#@! has led for the perfect storm for a martyr. Be it a white supremacist or a black man that follows the words of the New Panther Party.

Nothing is going to end well with this. There will be more blood. Specifically because of it.

If this Mayor does this, the few remaining whites in Memphis should all leave and then from afar, watch the city fall to pieces just like Detroit.

Then they will come to Nashville and dig up Confederate Circle at the oldest, most historic cemetery in Middle Tennessee.

The big statue here is on private property right beside I-65S northbound between Old Hickory Boulevard and Haywood Lane. It is the ugliest thing on earth. Truly.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

This $#@! is getting unbelievable.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    This $#@! is getting unbelievable.
    It's only just starting. They will come for the 2nd amendment soon. I'd say within 5 years at least. Repeal the whole goddamn thing. And maybe that will be a good omen to get everyone's apathetic asses off the couches!

It's only just starting. They will come for the 2nd amendment soon. I'd say within 5 years at least. Repeal the whole goddamn thing. And maybe that will be a good omen to get everyone's apathetic asses off the couches!
    The sooner the better. I am not getting any younger. I can still fight on the front lines in that time frame.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast