Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump success terrifies GOP

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    In 2000, for the reform party
    It almost seems that way considering Trump's platform is very similar to that of Pat Buchanan Reform party run in 2000.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It almost seems that way considering Trump's platform is very similar to that of Pat Buchanan Reform party run in 2000.
    Yes but their caricature seems different

better to be feared than loved. I wish they would fear Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Honestly, I think America could stand a decade or so of isolationism. We can go back to relying on ourselves for goods and products. Oh my, producing foods and goods to take care of America? Pumping and refining our own oil for our own consumption? Would create a lot of new jobs and give this country a needed shot in the arm. I want a politician who will increase my cost of living by preventing me from buying inexpensive foreign goods!
    The masochist vote?

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    ISIS' oil. I think he is less bad because he doesn't propose redrawing the middle east map.
    1. Cutting their funding won't solve the problem any more than bombing them will - that's a band-aid. The real solution lies in giving the Sunni a state of their own, one in which they are not ruled by a Shiite majority, which brings us to point #2...

2. The map of the ME must be redrawn. Most of those states are artificial; tremendous violence is required to hold them together, which generates a violent response (such as the Sunni rebellion whose radical wing is calling itself ISIS). Break em up. Or, more accurately, let them break up on their own. The US should make it clear that it will recognize an independent Kurdistan, and an independent Sunni state (once ISIS is gone). Then sit back and they'll sort it out themselves. If the Turks or the Saudis or the Israelis don't like it, $#@! em, let em try to find replacement parts for their F-16 somewhere else.

...which is more or less Rand's position.

It's not "more interventionist" because it allows for changes in idiotic borders.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-27-2015 at 09:20 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The masochist vote?

1. Cutting their funding won't solve the problem any more than bombing them will - that's a band-aid. The real solution lies in giving the Sunni a state of their own, one in which they are not ruled by a Shiite majority, which brings us to point #2...

2. The map of the ME must be redrawn. Most of those states are artificial; tremendous violence is required to hold them together, which generates a violent response (such as the Sunni rebellion whose radical wing is calling itself ISIS). Break em up. Or, more accurately, let them break up on their own. The US should make it clear that it will recognize an independent Kurdistan, and an independent Sunni state (once ISIS is gone). Then sit back and they'll sort it out themselves. If the Turks or the Saudis or the Israelis don't like it, $#@! em, let em try to find replacement parts for their F-16 somewhere else.

...which is more or less Rand's position.

It's not "more interventionist" because it allows for changes in idiotic borders.
    Good analysis but you have the whole Sunni-Shia thing all twisted. Of the world's Muslims, roughly 80-90 percent are Sunni. 10-15 percent are Shia. The Sunnis already have plenty of countries to call their own. The problem lies with Saudi Arabia and its version of the Sunni denomination which is called "Wahhabism". Wahhabism is what ISIS and Al Qaeda believe in and its no wonder they are supported by Saudi Arabia. The majority of the members in ISIS are Saudi Arabian. Their goal isn't just for a independent country of their own, its to spread their religion throughout the world in order to save the world.

Saudi Arabia leads the world in sponsoring terrorism and if the world really wanted to end terrorism, Saudi Arabia would be their first target.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123