Thread: J'ville FL very concerned on how cars are parked in driveways

J'ville FL very concerned on how cars are parked in driveways

http://www.news4jax.com/news/council...eways/33754740

. But City Council members said if code inspectors canít easily see a tag, they can't tell if a vehicle is properly registered, because they are not allowed to walk onto private property.

That's why the council is considering a law that would make backing into a driveway to park illegal. Homeowners who don't comply could be fined $50.
    So we'll assume you are guilty and charge you fifty buck for your arrogance.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, our city passed an ordinance about 12 years ago that people could not park on their lawns. We are in a low income area and had a daughter still at home. When her fiance would come for dinner, that was four cars, so someone would have to park in the grass. I thought, as law and order as I am, well, they can just bring it and I will become the Poster Mom for private property rights.

They never have bothered about our neighborhood, so I guess the rich people who want to control their neighbors can keep on doing it. Poor people work too hard to care what their neighbors do, and neither do codes inspectors.
    #NashvilleStrong

ďIím a doctor. Thatís a baby.Ē~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

AmeriKa: goose-stepping its way to destruction, one vile city ordinance at a time.

Feele thuh Freedumb!
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

In a world gone mad, no outrage can be validly assumed as beyond the pale of plausibility.

We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

So, a car has to be registered just sitting in your driveway now? I thought they only needed to be registered to operate on The King's Roads. Interesting. What about garaged cars? What the $#@!?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    So, a car has to be registered just sitting in your driveway now? I thought they only needed to be registered to operate on The King's Roads. Interesting. What about garaged cars? What the $#@!?
    Yep, a lot of places have ordinances that don't allow you to keep an unregistered motor-vehicle on your property.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    Yep, a lot of places have ordinances that don't allow you to keep an unregistered motor-vehicle on your property.
    When I lived in a very rural farmette in Wisconsin, I was fined for operating a salvage yard without a permit for having a few vehicles without current tags on the 5 acre property in the middle of corn fields.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

How long before they're ripping down privacy fences and lobbing mortars at garage doors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    It's like that around here. My next door neighbor kept his Grandmother's car and got in trouble because he didn't keep up the tag and insurance. I'm not sure how they found out, he keeps it in his garage.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's like that around here. My next door neighbor kept his Grandmother's car and got in trouble because he didn't keep up the tag and insurance. I'm not sure how they found out, he keeps it in his garage.
    If you buy insurance, in most states now they'll suspend your license as soon as the insurance expires and check to see if the car is still running later.

And charge you a post-suspension reinstatement fee either way.

Because government's whole purpose is to ease the burdens of society's poor and downtrodden.
    And?
    Dems cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/council...eways/33754740

So we'll assume you are guilty and charge you fifty buck for your arrogance.

XNN
    Bu bu but what hat happened to cant be compeled to give evidence that could be used against you.
    ď[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.Ē (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Bu bu but what hat happened to cant be compeled to give evidence that could be used against you.
    Isn't that something from the Constitution? The Bill of Rights, wasn't it?

Gosh that makes me all nostalgic. Those really were good times, back then.
    And?
    Dems cheat.