Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jindal announces

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    It depends on where you look. In medicine and science centers, you will find large numbers of people whose ancestors are from India. I see them all the time, and it is clear they earn a lot of money. It would definitely be a newer, fresher demographic. People who immigrate, assimilate, excel, and live their lives without demanding freebies.

And yes, in high school, I liked nerdy guys. Married one, in fact.
    I believe you but they are still a minority of a profession that is pretty small. Also, these people are not automatically going to throw their hats in for this long shot just because they share the same heritage. I wager to bet that 95%+ of Jindal supporters are white evangelical voters with some type of white guilt going on. They hope that by supporting Jindal early on in the race, they would wipe away some of that guilt. Or maybe the the 2% is he pulling is just statistical noise and he has no real support at all.

I truly hope it works, people need to move on with their lives and stop stressing about the past.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And that may be true. But I think we are looking at a pendulum shift.

1. Voters are up. to. here with racial issues. Jindal is not about race, but he isn't your traditional WASP.
    2. Voters have ridden the Obama/Biden train wreck for six years. Safe and predictable is trending.
    3. Voters know we are in a big mess with the economy, foreign policy, and personal liberty. A thinker who can articulate the Constitutional way to do things will be a big help.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And that may be true. But I think we are looking at a pendulum shift.

1. Voters are up. to. here with racial issues. Jindal is not about race, but he isn't your traditional WASP.
    2. Voters have ridden the Obama/Biden train wreck for six years. Safe and predictable is trending.
    3. Voters know we are in a big mess with the economy, foreign policy, and personal liberty. A thinker who can articulate the Constitutional way to do things will be a big help.
    How does that apply to Jindal or help him in anyway? He is the typical mainstream establishment guy whose only differentiating attribute is that he is a minority. He is also an awful political who can only spout mainstream political rhetoric, he has the personality and charisma of a damp rag and the face only a mother can love. His upper polling limit is 4% and nothing you listed above will help him gain any traction above that mark.

Maybe not for President, but he might do well as VP.
    #NashvilleStrong

Maybe not for President, but he might do well as VP.
    Why? what's appealing about him, besides the fact that he flip flopped on Common Core after supporting it?

Jindal is Lindsey Graham concentrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

People who have immigrated here from India are a high earning demographic. Well educated. Strong family structure. Good community. We never hear from them, but I would love to see this group find a voice. Jindal might help that happen.
    It depends on where you look. In medicine and science centers, you will find large numbers of people whose ancestors are from India. I see them all the time, and it is clear they earn a lot of money. It would definitely be a newer, fresher demographic. People who immigrate, assimilate, excel, and live their lives without demanding freebies.
    Wow. That's whole lot of generalizing about a group of people there.

It would be hard for them to vote for Jindal in a Primary if they are registered as Democrats.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I see what you are saying, but I think people are tired of the other generalizations of immigrants. It might be helpful to reframe the discussion on immigration--a big issue.

Not every state requires people to register with a party. Tennessee requires people to choose a primary, but that's not the same as registering as Democrats. And I will be the first to say that having Jindal on the ballot might not be enough to make the demographic gel as one people need to pay attention to, but it would also be a different look than what we have seen before.

If you look at what is happening every where else, people are looking for the next new thing. Pop culture icons are getting younger and younger. Sports stars are younger and younger. Tom Hanks received a lifetime acheivement award at age 40, so that tells me people thought he had done all he can do. Clearly that wasn't true, but markets are looking for new, fresh, and different. Jindal isn't really new, but he breaks a lot of molds and might be a good addition to a ticket. He has governing experience, and is close enough to mainstream that he would have a broad appeal.

I'm thinking big picture, not micropolitics.
    #NashvilleStrong

I'm thinking big picture, not micropolitics.
    The guy seems like a pushover. Does he believe in anything ?

Actually, if he returns to what got him elected in the first place, he will sound very much like Rand and other liberty candidates. One of the problems he has had as governor is having to walk the line between liberty and establishment in order to get his state their fair share of what is confiscated by Washington. All that money BP was forced to pay to the Obama slush fund was not given back in full measure to the state for recovery efforts. They have lost a lot of revenue from oil, tourism, and fishing because of the spill.
    #NashvilleStrong

Actually, if he returns to what got him elected in the first place, he will sound very much like Rand and other liberty candidates. One of the problems he has had as governor is having to walk the line between liberty and establishment in order to get his state their fair share of what is confiscated by Washington. All that money BP was forced to pay to the Obama slush fund was not given back in full measure to the state for recovery efforts. They have lost a lot of revenue from oil, tourism, and fishing because of the spill.
    It will never happen, he is too mainstream that he is to same of his roots

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're using this $#@! to purposefully drown out Rand Paul. I watched my local news the other night and they were reporting Chris Christie was more popular in New Hampshire than Rand Paul. As a matter of fact, they didn't even say Rand Paul's name, and said Jeb Bush was the frontrunner. Give me a $#@!ing break here. Even people who voted for Bush hate Bush.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    They're using this $#@! to purposefully drown out Rand Paul. I watched my local news the other night and they were reporting Chris Christie was more popular in New Hampshire than Rand Paul. As a matter of fact, they didn't even say Rand Paul's name, and said Jeb Bush was the frontrunner. Give me a $#@!ing break here. Even people who voted for Bush hate Bush.
    That's the pattern. Talk about anybody but Paul. We report, you decide.

Last edited by timosman; 06-25-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Chris Christie and Bobby Jindal are nowhere close to the same.

I think if Jindal will get back to his ideals, he will turn out to be a pretty good candidate. He's not my very favorite, but he's not on the bad list like Christie.
    #NashvilleStrong

there's more posts in this thread than he deserves really. he really doesn't deserve this much attention. please move on.

Chris Christie and Bobby Jindal are nowhere close to the same.

I think if Jindal will get back to his ideals, he will turn out to be a pretty good candidate. He's not my very favorite, but he's not on the bad list like Christie.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Did I make myself clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Why? what's appealing about him, besides the fact that he flip flopped on Common Core after supporting it?

Jindal is Lindsey Graham concentrate.
    Either that or what would a mixture of Lindsey Graham and Herman Cain produce.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

pic on left is obviously 3D art. FAKE!

-t
    One on left was apparently was used as official portrait by Piyush "Bobby" Jindal after a "supporter" had it it painted allegedly.

On a different note , liberal racists are taking it bit too far and even controversial Seth Mandel is speaking out about it:

Why liberal racists are attacking Bobby Jindal

By Seth Mandel
    June 25, 2015 | 8:16pm

Early Thursday morning, an odd story went up on the BBC’s Web site: “Bobby Jindal presidential bid sparks Twitter mockery.”
    The mockery in question wasn’t because Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, is a mere footnote in the polls. Nor was the mockery about Jindal’s seriousness as a political figure.
    Rather, the mockery consisted of explicit racism. And the story was odd not because of the existence of the tweets (welcome to the Internet, governor!) but because it was a positive story, with the Beeb openly praising the bigotry.

(The article extolled one line of ethnic sneering as “a series of hilarious tweets.” Sample: “Bobby Jindal spends 2 hours a day in the shower scrubbing his skin with a brush & screaming ‘why won’t it come out?’ #bobbyjindalissowhite.”)

The reason Jindal has come in for such treatment is because he’s an eloquent advocate for integration and the promise of America. They’re not making fun of his background — they’re treating him like the Indian Clarence Thomas.

The Washington Post caused a bit of a stir earlier this week with a story on Jindal that featured a (white) American college professor declaring, “There’s not much Indian left in Bobby Jindal.”

http://nypost.com/2015/06/25/why-lib...-bobby-jindal/

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Either that or what will a mixture of Lindsey Graham and Herman Cain would produce.

On a different note , liberal racists are taking it bit too far and even controversial Seth Mandel is speaking out about it:

Why liberal racists are attacking Bobby Jindal

By Seth Mandel
    June 25, 2015 | 8:16pm

Early Thursday morning, an odd story went up on the BBC’s Web site: “Bobby Jindal presidential bid sparks Twitter mockery.”
    The mockery in question wasn’t because Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, is a mere footnote in the polls. Nor was the mockery about Jindal’s seriousness as a political figure.
    Rather, the mockery consisted of explicit racism. And the story was odd not because of the existence of the tweets (welcome to the Internet, governor!) but because it was a positive story, with the Beeb openly praising the bigotry.

(The article extolled one line of ethnic sneering as “a series of hilarious tweets.” Sample: “Bobby Jindal spends 2 hours a day in the shower scrubbing his skin with a brush & screaming ‘why won’t it come out?’ #bobbyjindalissowhite.”)

The reason Jindal has come in for such treatment is because he’s an eloquent advocate for integration and the promise of America. They’re not making fun of his background — they’re treating him like the Indian Clarence Thomas.

The Washington Post caused a bit of a stir earlier this week with a story on Jindal that featured a (white) American college professor declaring, “There’s not much Indian left in Bobby Jindal.”

http://nypost.com/2015/06/25/why-lib...-bobby-jindal/
    It still does not matter if he consider the "Indian Clarence Thomas", the fact that he does not acknowledge his background (as a first gen immgrant) makes him less appealing as a candidate for the presidency

Just another guy running interference for Jeb. The Bushits are getting worried.. They are bringing out out all their bought and paid for soldiers to be sure Jeb gets the nomination. They are trying to skewer the percentages to keep certain people out of the top tier so that ignorant brother of an ignorant President, son of another ignorant President don't have to debate anyone with an ounce of sense.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Just another guy running interference for Jeb. The Bushits are getting worried.. They are bringing out out all their bought and paid for soldiers to be sure Jeb gets the nomination. They are trying to skewer the percentages to keep certain people out of the top tier so that ignorant brother of an ignorant President, son of another ignorant President don't have to debate anyone with an ounce of sense.
    The good news is it should not be hard to beat them at their game if we do not make too many unforced errors.

Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal declared Wednesday his candidacy for the 2016 presidential nomination, although the Rhodes Scholar and one-time Republican rising star faces difficult odds in a jam-packed primary field. Here’s what you need to know about Jindal:

• Previous Occupation: LSU Tigers DE Coach/Asst. Defensive Coordinator (2003-2005)
    • Platform: To bring coastal wetlands restoration program he implemented in Louisiana to rest of country
    • Current Approval Rating: Nowhere to go but up
    • Education: Pretty impressive for a man who questions evolution
    • Career Accomplishments: Has for years dutifully served the people of a state he desperately wants to abandon
    • Biggest Strengths: Somehow least electable Catholic candidate in field that also includes Rick Santorum; as a child of immigrants, understands what it takes to keep them out of country; candidate best able to connect with Indian Americans who make up 65 percent of Republican primary voters
    • Foreign Policy Experience: Has already been publicly discredited by David Cameron and other European leaders
    • What Sets Him Apart: Brings diversity to bottom third of GOP candidate polls
    • Days He Has Left As Young Political Hotshot: 29
    • Will Most Likely Be Remembered For: Endorsing Jeb Bush after Iowa caucus

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/cand...y-jindal-50756

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Why? what's appealing about him.
    1. He is another voice to drown out Rand Paul.
    2. He is another voice to attack Rand Paul and shill for the neocon war machine/security state.
    3. He helps the RNC earn propaganda points for "diversity."
    4. His presence in the race normalizes the idea that it's okay to $#@! on the Constitution and have an ineligible born natural foreigner ruling America.

All of this is very appealing to a lot of people who have a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    1. He is another voice to drown out Rand Paul. -- not really
    2. He is another voice to attack Rand Paul and shill for the neocon war machine/security state.-- true
    3. He helps the RNC earn propaganda points for "diversity."-- or "white guilt"
    4. His presence in the race normalizes the idea that it's okay to $#@! on the Constitution and have an ineligible born natural foreigner ruling America.--debatable

All of this is very appealing to a lot of people who have a lot of money.
    These reasons (that you mentions ) would only work if this was 2012 and not 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    • Will Most Likely Be Remembered For: Endorsing Jeb Bush after Iowa caucus

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/cand...y-jindal-50756
    I think the Onion has made a mistake, that's no satire.
    "I am a bird"

Campaign logo and slogan:

Appears to be his official site:
    http://www.bobbyjindal.com/

$#@! it....

I think I should run for President.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    yawn
    lol . . .
    maybe the SNL spoofs will be fun, so cheer up there 'mate !

who knows, he got that Jimmy Carter look going on . . . will fare the same against Hillary as Jeb or Rubio imho
    (trying to spark up interest here since disappointed my girl Parah Sailin' not being at the debates )

Last edited by Jan2017; 06-28-2015 at 05:44 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    why ?
    Why ?

Awe, com'on buckwheat !

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand in Silicon Valley and Seattle. Rubio and Jeb in Texas.
    Rand votes lost to Jindal from Silicon Valley, Austin TX, Seattle, or Boulder CO ? Seems a stretch . . .
    but since Bobbie conceived outside USA - parents pregnant come to USA to give birth to the American president . . . this is a dream come true !
    He's native born!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Campaign logo and slogan:

Appears to be his official site:
    http://www.bobbyjindal.com/
    OMG, that logo isn't a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    OMG, that logo isn't a joke.
    The logo is not, his candidacy is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12