Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fox News poll: Rand tied for 4th at 9%

New Fox News poll: Rand tied for 4th at 9%

ht tp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/24/fox-news-poll-bush-trump-score-post-announcement-bumps/

When this aired just now, Rand's name was actually above Walker's. Walker was in a second column.

Bush - 15%
    Trump - 11%
    Carson - 10%
    Rand - 9%
    Walker - 9%
    Rubio - 8%
    Huckabee - 6%
    Cruz - 4%
    Fiorina - 3%
    Santorum - 3%
    Jindal - 2%

Last edited by FreedomProsperityPeace; 06-24-2015 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added photo

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good, Rand holding steady. Ouch @Ted Cruz, no wonder he abandoned TPA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well, at least this is better than their bs poll with 234 or so participants attempting to persuade public opinion that Jeb's ceiling of support is so high, while Rand's ceiling of support is so low. It's all bs and by far the best tool they have for influencing public opinion for their preferred candidates. If anyone has a realistic/logical way on how to combat this I'd love to hear it because Rand could sure use it.

I have to wonder at the trump "surge" real or not.. he has never been taken seriously as a candidate so why now (assuming he really is gaining support that isnt fleeting or even real)
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I listen to a lot of talk radio and the low info crowd LOVES Trump... He could do some damage, especially in the debates with his bull-in-china-shop approach...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I listen to a lot of talk radio and the low info crowd LOVES Trump... He could do some damage, especially in the debates with his bull-in-china-shop approach...
    but why now?? this is not the first time he has done this.. he was a laughing stock last time he tried.. I am just interesting in why now?
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I have to wonder at the trump "surge" real or not.. he has never been taken seriously as a candidate so why now (assuming he really is gaining support that isnt fleeting or even real)
    Well, you know they gotta keep adding the flavor of the month while keep Jeb at the top to give the appearance that these polls are real due to the constant changing of other candidates. They're going to use full court pressure on the public in support of Jebby boy, just like they did Santorum. Except for Bush they're going to push it the whole damn time not just two weeks leading up to the election because he in reality literally needs that much help along with all his money and super pac money to ensure they can award him the nomination. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to also see them push this to a brokered convention if Rand's grassroots support is enough to overcome their manipulation tactics.

It's not real.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm just happy to see a hint that Walker and Rubio are fading. I hope future polls confirm it.

I expect Carson and Trump numbers to get back down to reality once these 2 novices start talking. Trump is still flying high on his announcing bump (as silly as that sounds) and Carson is taking advantage as the surgeon and only minority in the race, also he is a neurosurgeon for god sake. Hopefully the debates this August would be able to separate the wheat from the chaff

Its no big surprise Trump got a bump, everyone was expecting him to do as he has always done except this time, he did something unpredictable. He has a big mouth and isn't afraid to talk a little crap, people like that, even I like it.

If Trump's numbers continue doing ok, I expect him to dump tons of cash. He is saying a lot of silly things like building a huge southern wall and "make Mexico pay for it" and people fall for crap like that. He is also playing to people's fear of China.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

but why now?? this is not the first time he has done this.. he was a laughing stock last time he tried.. I am just interesting in why now?
    You're very unperceptive.

Trump has one characteristic that in the minds of a lot of people is enough to make him better than any major contender:

Non-politician.

Moreover, he has name ID. Polls to a large extend reflect name recognition.

With these two things, it doesn't make sense to expect that he'll poll low.

Also, remember that he surged to the top for a while in the last cycle, even without declaring a run.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post

Trump has one characteristic that in the minds of a lot of people is enough to make him better than any major contender:

Non-politician.

Also, remember that he surged to the top for a while in the last cycle, even without declaring a run.

One characteristic doesn't give you high poll numbers. I want to say its the announcement bump but how comes Pataki didn't get one? or Jindal or Fiorina? I have come to believe it not the candidate that is the problem but its the deluded people who support the candidate. They world has bruised and battered them to the point that they looking to a mad man for salvation.

I hope they get the wake up they need for another disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    One characteristic doesn't give you high poll numbers. I want to say its the announcement bump but how comes Pataki didn't get one? or Jindal or Fiorina? I have come to believe it not the candidate that is the problem but its the deluded people who support the candidate. They world has bruised and battered them to the point that they looking to a mad man for salvation.

I hope they get the wake up they need for another disappointment.
    Trump has a reputation to many as a successful business man. That has been a common refrain, that we need a guy who understands business. Trump claims his business experience makes him a good negotiator, good at "making deals". Trump is also sending a message of playing hardball with our adversaries. A common complaint against Obama is that he lays down to everybody: Iran, China, Mexico, ISIS. Trump has promised to take them on.

That said, Trump has a ton of weaknesses, not the least of which is he often makes offensive statements that turn people off. He's also fast and loose with the facts, which his opponents will pounce on and punish him with. He's also seen as one of the 1% (like Romney), a rich elite who doesn't understand everyday Americans, and it's hard to argue that point.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    Trump has a reputation to many as a successful business man. That has been a common refrain, that we need a guy who understands business. Trump claims his business experience makes him a good negotiator, good at "making deals". Trump is also sending a message of playing hardball with our adversaries. A common complaint against Obama is that he lays down to everybody: Iran, China, Mexico, ISIS. Trump has promised to take them on.

That said, Trump has a ton of weaknesses, not the least of which is he often makes offensive statements that turn people off. He's also fast and loose with the facts, which his opponents will pounce on and punish him with. He's also seen as one of the 1% (like Romney), a rich elite who doesn't understand everyday Americans, and it's hard to argue that point.
    Yea, this is illustrates the fickleness of the American voter. One cycle they rail against confrontational leader, then they turn around and cry that this one is not confrontational enough. Even though the two are virtually the same just differing in style. When are those same idiots crying for Trump gonna give Obama the credit from confronting Libya or Iran in Syria and Yemen or even confronting the hell out of Russia?

I long for the days when voting was restricted to property owners, its about time these idiots put their money where their mouth is.

Trump and Carson have no chance; that puts Rand in second place, tied with Walker, who I don't think has a chance either. I see Rubio as Rand's biggest challenge....he will get the Hispanic vote and the neocon vote. The GOP are committing suicide if they go with Bush...Hillary will win. I think it is looking good...even in a Fox poll.

For those wondering if Trump is a serious threat...the answer is NO.

The bad news for Trump is that only 29 percent of GOP primary voters consider him a serious candidate. More than twice that many -- 64 percent -- think he’s a side show. Among all registered voters, nearly 8 in 10 say Trump is a side show (77 percent).
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ncement-bumps/
    Last edited by squirl22; 06-24-2015 at 06:40 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post

Non-politician.

you obviously shouldn't be giving advice about perception lol as this "amazing" insight you have about trump fails to distinguish this run from the last when he was treated as a joke.. he was still not a politician so yeah whatever.. he had name ID back then too. the guy is mostly seen(correctly) as a clown though.. to most people.

so he was flavor of the minute last time too?? well I guess theres my answer for this time lol

he wont be seen as a contender for long. and I dont see him as one currently. have fun with your trump pipe dream

Good news for once. This is a lot better than previous polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Good news for once. This is a lot better than previous polls.
    9% is the same as Rand pulled in the last Fox poll, which is fine.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    9% is the same as Rand pulled in the last Fox poll, which is fine.
    I know, but he had been on the decline in other recent polls that had come out. So staying steady in the Fox News poll is actually good news when compared to the recent polls that have come out.

During lunch caught a glimpse of Fox News and it seemed like he was 9th at 4%, not 4th at 9%. His name was not present in the results from NH poll. Top 5 were seen.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    During lunch caught a glimpse of Fox News and it seemed like he was 9th at 4%, not 4th at 9%. His name was not present in the results from NH poll. Top 5 were seen.
    That's a different poll. This is a national poll conducted by Fox News. The poll that Fox News reported on that you saw was a poll done by Suffolk University in New Hampshire which had Rand in 9th with 4%. That's why I was saying that this poll is actually good news when compared to previous polls.

That's a different poll. This is a national poll conducted by Fox News. The poll that Fox News reported on that you saw was a poll done by Suffolk University in New Hampshire which had Rand in 9th with 4%. That's why I was saying that this poll is actually good news when compared to previous polls.
    So Fox does not report on it's own poll ?

So Fox does not report on it's own poll ?
    It looks like the first post on this thread contains a screen shot of Fox News covering their poll.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It looks like the first post on this thread contains a screen shot of Fox News covering their poll.
    Confused with their blog. The point is they keep showing top stats without his name. Why is NH so important at this point ?

Confused with their blog. The point is they keep showing top stats without his name. Why is NH so important at this point ?
    The state polls in Iowa and New Hampshire are actually a lot more important than the national polls. But that New Hampshire poll that showed Rand doing so poorly seems to be an outlier at this point, as no other NH poll has shown him doing that poorly.

The state polls in Iowa and New Hampshire are actually a lot more important than the national polls. But that New Hampshire poll that showed Rand doing so poorly seems to be an outlier at this point, as no other NH poll has shown him doing that poorly.
    This makes things even worse. They decided to show an outlier poll to avoid showing Rand's name.

If the last election is any indication, they are giving each candidate their time in the sun to make people feel like the political landscape is changing and things are moving forward. In reality, it is just a circular game of musical chairs.

Don't be surprised if right before the debates some polls mysteriously get released that have poor results for Rand. This is pretty much all scripted.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“Bush, Walker, Rubio, Clinton, they’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on to top, then that one’s on top and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. I’m not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” If Rand says that, he's got a nice sized donation coming to him.

If the last election is any indication, they are giving each candidate their time in the sun to make people feel like the political landscape is changing and things are moving forward. In reality, it is just a circular game of musical chairs.

Don't be surprised if right before the debates some polls mysteriously get released that have poor results for Rand. This is pretty much all scripted.
    Basically this, and I won't be surprised when it happens. I only pray that Rand has a strategy to win against an enemy that writes the rules themselves as they go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast