Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fox News poll: Rand tied for 4th at 9%

Quote Originally Posted by chronicaust View Post
    Basically this, and I won't be surprised when it happens. I only pray that Rand has a strategy to win against an enemy that writes the rules themselves as they go.
    He has no choice, but to start exposing the truth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    Trump and Carson have no chance; that puts Rand in second place, tied with Walker, who I don't think has a chance either. I see Rubio as Rand's biggest challenge....he will get the Hispanic vote and the neocon vote. The GOP are committing suicide if they go with Bush...Hillary will win. I think it is looking good...even in a Fox poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ncement-bumps/
    This is a good point, the Trump and Carson voters are non-establishment voters. As are voters for many of the other candidates.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If the last election is any indication, they are giving each candidate their time in the sun to make people feel like the political landscape is changing and things are moving forward. In reality, it is just a circular game of musical chairs.

Don't be surprised if right before the debates some polls mysteriously get released that have poor results for Rand. This is pretty much all scripted.
    I agree with this. If you remember in 2012 it wasn't until around November that Ron started climbing in the NH and Iowa polls which to me is when pollsters really start pushing the truth rather than propaganda due to reputation at that point. No legit polling firm wants to predict way off numbers for any of the candidates at that point because they'll go outta business. Well that is unless your commissioned by cnn to artificially create a "surge." In truth we might not see legit numbers at least for the first two states until late October.

At this point - before any debates and while the field is fully crowded - I think showing up anywhere in the top range is good enough. A lot of these polls even being 4th is within the margin of error for 1st.

I've always thought the goal was to just be on the radar at this point before the debates. If he were sitting at 1% or 2% he'd have to work just to get his name out there and fight to get attention.

Being where he is now is enough to get a spot on the debate stage, closer to the center, and speaking time. From there I believe he will be able to grow his support... and others will implode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    At this point - before any debates and while the field is fully crowded - I think showing up anywhere in the top range is good enough. A lot of these polls even being 4th is within the margin of error for 1st.

I've always thought the goal was to just be on the radar at this point before the debates. If he were sitting at 1% or 2% he'd have to work just to get his name out there and fight to get attention.

Being where he is now is enough to get a spot on the debate stage, closer to the center, and speaking time. From there I believe he will be able to grow his support... and others will implode.
    A lot of faith in these debates. I wish we had something more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I have to wonder at the trump "surge" real or not.. he has never been taken seriously as a candidate so why now (assuming he really is gaining support that isnt fleeting or even real)
    I think it's real. His announcement was positive and resonated with a lot of people. Plus he has the highest name recognition out of everyone. But he's going to fall back to earth real fast when those people realize he's a fraud and a democrat.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Trump and Carson have no chance; that puts Rand in second place, tied with Walker, who I don't think has a chance either. I see Rubio as Rand's biggest challenge....he will get the Hispanic vote and the neocon vote. The GOP are committing suicide if they go with Bush...Hillary will win. I think it is looking good...even in a Fox poll.

For those wondering if Trump is a serious threat...the answer is NO.

No, no, no, no, no. Stop that line of thinking immediately. It is this mentality that cost us any chance of winning in 2012. We crunched the numbers to make our candidate look better in the polls than he actually did. We'll have none of that this time around. Santorum had no chance last time around either. And look how he sweeped in to get votes in Iowa that otherwise would have gone to Paul.

All the media needs to do is blow up a particular candidate as "the new frontrunner" at a key point during the campaign and they will swim in the popular vote, whereas Rand will be neglected. Rand is tied for 4th with 9% in this poll. What that means in a poll is a different story, but that's not what this is about. He's fourth. Which at this point isn't that big a deal, anyway, but it's the truth.

I don't usually neg-rep because I'm not into popularity contests. But no, I'm done with this "oh let's crunch the numbers until our dude is polling first" bullcrap. Neg-rep. And I invite anyone else here to neg-rep anyone and everyone who starts crunching numbers to live in fantasy land. This forum isn't a massive online multiplayer roleplay game. It's a serious site dedicated to the support of liberty friendly politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I think it's real. His announcement was positive and resonated with a lot of people. Plus he has the highest name recognition out of everyone.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    but why now?? this is not the first time he has done this.. he was a laughing stock last time he tried.. I am just interesting in why now?
    So far, he seems to be focusing all his rhetoric on immigration. He's basically Jeff Sessions with a bit of attitude and charisma. Immigration is probably one of the most popular issues among the general public, and although a handful of candidates have offered tepid support for immigration changes (Walker going the furthest), nobody has been using the sort of populist rhetoric and candid truth telling that Trump is employing. Basically, he's found an extremely popular issue that the other candidates either aren't talking about or on the wrong side of, and he's running with it. Smart business move from a smart businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. Stop that line of thinking immediately. It is this mentality that cost us any chance of winning in 2012. We crunched the numbers to make our candidate look better in the polls than he actually did. We'll have none of that this time around. Santorum had no chance last time around either. And look how he sweeped in to get votes in Iowa that otherwise would have gone to Paul.
    I agree, Santorum came into the race polling as low as Fiorina and Jindal. I don't really think they have a chance, but when it comes down to it I'm just speculating.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I agree, Santorum came into the race polling as low as Fiorina and Jindal. I don't really think they have a chance, but when it comes down to it I'm just speculating.
    Yeah, I agree, they don't have a chance at winning the presidency or even the nomination. But that doesn't mean they, or rather the media through them, can't ruin our progress big time.

People on our side still seem to underestimate the media in a sense. Just because the media has manufactured support or success for a particular candidate, does not mean that this support or success is any less real.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    Yeah, I agree, they don't have a chance at winning the presidency or even the nomination. But that doesn't mean they, or rather the media through them, can't ruin our progress big time.

People on our side still seem to underestimate the media in a sense. Just because the media has manufactured support or success for a particular candidate, does not mean that this support or success is any less real.
    It is true that the support they're manufacturing for Bush is much like the Canadian River--it's a mile wide and an inch deep. Unfortunately, an inch deep is more than enough to get a vote. No wonder we want caucuses instead of primary polls.It actually gives the people in charge of this Republic a chance to think about the clown in a suit to whom they're all set to entrust the free world.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-25-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It is true that the support they're manufacturing for Bush is much like the Canadian River--it's a mile wide and an inch deep. Unfortunately, an inch deep is more than enough to get a vote. No wonder we want caucuses instead of primary polls.It actually gives the people in charge of this Republic a chance to think about the clown in a suit to whom they're all set to entrust the free world.
    Yep, but like I said. Even at the caucus, winning the popular vote is crucial to project success and longevity into the media.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    So far, he seems to be focusing all his rhetoric on immigration. He's basically Jeff Sessions with a bit of attitude and charisma. Immigration is probably one of the most popular issues among the general public, and although a handful of candidates have offered tepid support for immigration changes (Walker going the furthest), nobody has been using the sort of populist rhetoric and candid truth telling that Trump is employing. Basically, he's found an extremely popular issue that the other candidates either aren't talking about or on the wrong side of, and he's running with it. Smart business move from a smart businessman.
    Running with it? Populist rhetoric and candid truth telling? No...just no.

He has been spouting macho nonsense that held up to anyone with a brain and gumption would be shut down, COMPLETELY. If he continues his current rants, he will be shut up during the debates. Calling Mexicans drug traffickers and rapists, imposing tariffs on Mexican imports to pay for a wall when the net immigration into the USA from Mexico last year was ZERO is not just terrible, it shows he has no effing clue what he is talking about. He will be laughed off the stage.

Throw in that his foreign policy makes no sense in the Middle East, one day it's less intervention, the next it's "I would surround them, strike them, and take all of the oil" isn't just superficial--it has no grounding in reality.

We just have to wait for he debates and then people with no platform and no intelligence will be derped out of the polls.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 06-25-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Bush 15% Trump 11%? I'm about to start raging
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 06-28-2015 at 12:15 AM.

For those wondering if Trump is a serious threat...the answer is NO.

I agree Carson has no chance, he is running for VP. but Trump has unlimited money, and no need to spend time on fund raising. he can stay in as long as he wishes. he won't win Iowa, but could surprise in NH. and if the establishment screws him he will go third party.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Bush 15% Trump 11%? I'm about to start raging
    With their name recognition, those poll numbers stink. Wake up.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12