Thread: Breaking: Rand Paul to sue IRS, U.S Treasury

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really odd wording in that article

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will sue the U.S. Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service for denying his constitutional right to vote on treaties that the Obama administration unilaterally negotiated with dozens of foreign governments, The Washington Times has learned.
    Awesome. Seems like this is a great way for a lone Congressman to stand up to a bully president

This is deeply alarming. Rand has read the proposed TPP. The only thing that could turn a trade agreement into a treaty would be the determination of a legally-binding document as opposed to a politically-binding document trade agreements are. That's a big distinction and one that has not been made public yet.

If Rand is right, then any TPP "Treaty" would be a clear violation of the Constitution - you wouldn't even have to talk about the merits.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I don't think this pertains to the TPP, specifically. Do you guys remember sometime last year when Rand was blocking something in the Senate because it invades the financial privacy of US citizens? I think that's what this suit is about. That wasn't the TPP, right?

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Really odd wording in that article
    Having re-read it, I actualy don't think this is about the trade agreements...

Interesting...Rand's strategy has definitely been to push himself into the news cycle all summer, week to week.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

I was wondering what he was gonna do next. He really knows how to force the media to cover him.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he wins, who gets to pay and how much?

Wow, Rand is literally doing everything he can. That latest poll coming out of NH has him at 4% lol... I call BS, but just like his dad their trying to use perception of strength in the polls to dampen his support. He's going to have to keep this up unfortunately. Hell with that new poll I'd say they pulled the same tricks that they pulled on Ron. People got to actually record them and post them on youtube, where either they never included him at all or when you selected him as a candidate it would literally say you selected someone else or hang up on you. With Rand they can't ignore him as blatantly they did Ron, but for programmers it'd be so easy to right up a system to exclude or give votes that should be going to him to someone else every so many pro Rand votes. I know this has nothing to do with the direct post, but just wanted to remind everyone that types of tricks they pulled the last time and the type of battle it's going to take Rand to fight back the best he can. Rigged polls would imo obviously be the best way for them to influence public opinion the best they can. There's no way in hell Rand's polling only 4% in NH when his dad pulled over 20% of the actual vote count. Come on Rand keep it up!!

oh yes. to the very bitterest end.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

How to be like Rand Paul:
    1. Kick ass
    2. Take names later

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    How to be like Rand Paul:
    1. Kick ass
    2. Take names later
    Yeah, agree. Keep Obama's ass in court the next 1.5 years so we can breath a sigh of relief.... unless of course, we end up with Hitlery or Bu$#@!.

This is great and affects a number of people I know. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is deeply alarming. Rand has read the proposed TPP. The only thing that could turn a trade agreement into a treaty would be the determination of a legally-binding document as opposed to a politically-binding document trade agreements are. That's a big distinction and one that has not been made public yet.

If Rand is right, then any TPP "Treaty" would be a clear violation of the Constitution - you wouldn't even have to talk about the merits.
    Except, nobody but us 5% actually care about violations of the COnstitution for their own sake.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Except, nobody but us 5% actually care about violations of the COnstitution for their own sake.
    And I hate to point this out, because we all should have it figured out already, but 5% is within the margin of error of the 4% figure from New Hampshire.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    And I hate to point this out, because we all should have it figured out already, but 5% is within the margin of error of the 4% figure from New Hampshire.
    So you're saying that he could be 14% and Jeb 10%?

Hopefully he can turn those 8.7 affected people into votes....

Perhaps a little refresh from 2008 and what now w/ Rand means -

Must see for newer folks and to recharge the emotional batteries for the long timers. Thank God you never had to be at the 2:36 seen.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 06-24-2015 at 11:58 PM.