Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire poll: Trump surging

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Did Trump even file FEC paperwork yet? I can't imagine he is a serious candidate or will even be in the race in NH.
    I read an article earlier today that said he has filed. Don't know where that was but it's probably true.

Well, hey, it's even in this article...

While Mr. Trump is experiencing a bump in popularity after announcing the launch of his campaign last week (he filed formal Federal Elections Commission paperwork Monday), he remains the most disliked GOP candidate in the field. Suffolk found he is the only GOP candidate with a net unfavorable rating in New Hampshire — 37% of those surveyed had a favorable opinion of Mr. Trump, compared to 49% who had an unfavorable view.
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mALiberal View Post
    This poll is from the same pollsters - Suffolk University - and uses the same methodology as the current poll in this thread. I mention it as a clue as to where Paul's NH support has gone.

As for that other poll (I assume you mean the WSJ/NBC one), it's national, not New Hampshire. And it's still here somewhere. If you want to discuss it, the thread should still be right near the top of this subforum.
    I just find it humorous that you nit-pick polls to sell your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Odd, isn't Rand doing well among younger people ?
    Specifically, high school age children of Republicans with land lines? Apparently not. Apparently you have to have name recognition--like every night on the news and once a week on Celebrity Apprentice name recognition.

Funny how the same liberals who (quite rightly) run around talking about how skewed and misleading Fox is then turn around and troll us with the blatherings of another Murdoch property--just as though Murdoch isn't Murdoch, and the one is any more trustworthy than the other.

The funny thing is, this is the first poll I've ever seen that is specifically designed to drag the adult children up from the basement, and look who didn't win...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-23-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Trump has had a lot of people on the ground in NH for a while now. I think he's had people there every cycle, and this time they felt good enough about their internal numbers to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    In New Hampshire:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/0...-suffolk-poll/

The poll has Rand Paul at 4%. I find that highly suspicious
    I am not surprised to see him get an announcement bump.

"The poll of 500 likely GOP presidential primary voters...". Where did they find the 500, at a Jeb Bush campaign rally. Jeb's numbers is what I find highly suspicious.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

4% is abysmal, but no one should be worried yet
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Candidates generally get a bump right after they announce. On the other side, it's like Hillary dropped off the face of the earth because people can't get enough of Bernie Sanders.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The funny thing is, this is the first poll I've ever seen that is specifically designed to drag the adult children up from the basement, and look who didn't win...
    Not really. - Breakdown of respondents:
    18-34: 18,8% (of which just 3,2% are under 25)
    35-54: 38%
    55+: 41,8%

65% Landline. At 29%, Undecided leads the poll.

I do not think these results matches reality at all. Who has landline anymore? Same pollster had Rand at 7% in march, with fewer total candidates included. So he is down, (naturally since there are more candidates to choose from) but he did not do great in the March poll either, compared with other polls done at the same time.

This poll, however, has A LOT of information. The accompanying PDF-file has 448 pages!

Rand's numbers:
    18-34: 12%
    35-44: 7%
    45-54: 2%
    55+: 1%

Total: 4,2% or 21 people out of 500.

More things you supposedly can learn from this poll:

Almost all people selecting Paul as second choice have Jeb Bush, Donald Trump and George Pataki as their 1st choice. (WTF!)

Most of the Paul supporters select Donald Trump, then Christie and Cruz as their 2nd choice. (WTF!)

Christie and Trump however, are viewed unfavorably by a large majority of Paul supporters.

A slim majority of Paul supporters view Bush favorably.

A large majority of Paul supporters view Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Walker favorably

Cruz, Rubio and then Walker supporters are the ones that view Rand most favorably.

Bush, Fiorina and Christie supporters view Rand least favorably.

1/3rd of Paul supporters support raising taxes to reduce the deficit. Only Bush supporters are more supportive of this. (excluding candidates with fewer than 10 "votes")

57% of Paul supporters consider themselves tea-party. Only Cruz had a higher %.

Bush, Rubio, Walker, Paul were the candidates most people wanted to see in the debates. About 50% of people who viewed Paul unfavorably still wanted him in the debates.

If you just poll the people who view Paul favorably the results would be:

Bush - 11%
    Trump - 11%
    Walker - 9%
    Paul - 8%
    Rubio - 8%
    Last edited by Foreigner; 06-23-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    I do not think these results matches reality at all. Who has landline anymore?
    Oh no, not this again...I heard this in 2008 and again in 2012, and now again leading up to 2016.

The hidebound GOP primary voter base, especially in NH, is almost pathologically addicted to losing.

Rand is in the only candidate who beats Hillary in critical swing states like Ohio, and yet here they go again, getting ready to nominate another tired re-tread, establishmentarian, loser.

LOL @ "politics".
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh no, not this again...I heard this in 2008 and again in 2012, and now again leading up to 2016.

The hidebound GOP primary voter base, especially in NH, is almost pathologically addicted to losing.

Rand is in the only candidate who beats Hillary in critical swing states like Ohio, and yet here they go again, getting ready to nominate another tired re-tread, establishmentarian, loser.

LOL @ "politics".
    They didn't even bother polling Hillary vs Rand, even though Rand is polling best against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

LOL @ "politics".
    The poll is an outlier. Initially I thought it was one of those where they just ask "who do you want 4 prez" instead of listing candidates - where everybody says "Bush" or "Dunno". But they did list the candidates. Anyhow, I will believe it when other NH polls by a different company confirm it. It's not like it is manipulated against Rand, but it's just that it's methodology is strange and the results doesn't fit other polling.

Other NH polls have him at 7-12%. If he have dropped to 4%, then he should be polling at 2% nationally, since NH always has been one of his stronger states. If true - why? His tax plan was well recieved, and got more good press than bad. His Patriot act bravery may have cost him soft support and favorability among republicans, but I think it upped his hard support among some conservative republicans and libertarians. And increased his general election numbers.

Trump has name recognition, same as Bush, and it helps early on. But Trump should not be underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    I think trump helps us in Iowa and NH. Once his stance on guns gets brought up, people won't vote for him just because he sounds tough on mexico. I think he is going to eventually be shown to be more establishment which shouldn't dilute Rand's vote. I think he will hurt walker, cruz, etc. much much more.
    Trump responds nimbly to what people want to hear, and if his position on guns becomes a problem he will adjust.

Guys, if you really think Donald Trump is currently the second place preference of New Hampshire Republicans,
    I have the proverbial bridge on Mars to sell you.
    It's all nothing but a put-on, this entire "election" is orchestrated by the elite who control and own the
    media and the election methods. It's all fake, and the polls are more fake than ever.

Bush, Walker, Rubio, and Trump are the chosen acceptable choices. One of them will win the nomination.
    Rand will finish in 4th-6th place, and he won't be selected for VP either.
    Bush and Clinton are the only two choices acceptable to the world elite.
    It matters not to them which wins, so they might allow the Americans to choose which
    of those two is the next president. Both are 100% accomodated to false flags and World War III.
    There is no future for this country at all.
    I would suggest placing your energies into leaving the U.S. or at least preparing for survival.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-24-2015 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    4% is abysmal, but no one should be worried yet
    I agree. But if he's still polling like this in October and November, it might be time to cut the losses and focus on the Senate.
    Last edited by EBounding; 06-24-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Guys, if you really think Donald Trump is currently the second place preference of New Hampshire Republicans,
    I have the proverbial bridge on Mars to sell you.
    It's all nothing but a put-on, this entire "election" is orchestrated by the elite who control and own the
    media and the election methods. It's all fake, and the polls are more fake than ever.

Bush, Walker, Rubio, and Trump are the chosen acceptable choices. One of them will win the nomination.
    Rand will finish in 4th-6th place, and he won't be selected for VP either.
    Bush and Clinton are the only two choices acceptable to the world elite.
    It matters not to them which wins, so they might allow the Americans to choose which
    of those two is the next president. Both are 100% accomodated to false flags and World War III.
    There is no future for this country at all.
    I would suggest placing your energies into leaving the U.S. or at least preparing for survival.
    You realize you're posting in an election forum?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    You realize you're posting in an election forum?
    What better name for someone who helps cause the problem, wakes up to what he has done, and runs away like a rat off a sinking ship than 'Snowball'?

I guess Napoleon decided he doesn't like him any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donald Trump surging
    Good for him!

People voting for him in the polls are just saying "Hey, it's time for a change. Time to shake things up in Washington." Not a bad thing for them to be saying.

Lol @ everyone thinking Rand was more electable than Ron. All that selling out has you at 4% in the poll in NEW HAMPSHIRE. What was Ron at this time of last election again? Rand the "strategic mastermind who is playing chess" is getting creamed and his campaign is DOA. This whole liberty movement is going to go out with a whimper thanks to Rand Paul and his boring, milquetoast, and increasingly irrelevant campaign.
    Last edited by Saint Vitus; 06-24-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Rand is fading and I'm afraid his drop in the polls is self inflected. Why is Trump surging?? Perhaps he's getting a bump for being the new kid in the race, but his message does resonate with a large percentage of Republican and Independent voters. Illegal immigration and bad corporate trade deals. Rand decided he was going to be a new kind of Republican that reached out to minority voters and that's good. But pandering on illegal immigration has really hurt him. Also right or wrong he appeared to be siding with the street thugs in Ferguson Missouri.

Running as an economic populist and not backing down on foreign policy is a political winner. He should have stuck it to Sean Hannity and double down on the fact that Hawks and Neocons did create ISIS. I haven't seen him Fox since his performance on Hannity's show. Yes he has been on Fox Business but nobody watches that.

As for populist economics. Working class Americans haven't seen any real progress since the 80s. We've flooded the country with poor unskilled people that do nothing but drive down wages for those without a college degree. Rand tried to appease the cheap labor lobby thinking he was going to get the big bucks.
    Last edited by William R; 06-24-2015 at 07:58 AM.

^ exactly. Trump is surging because his campaign and message are exciting people. You know who's campaign doesn't excite people? Rand Paul. And Rand inherited a huge base of rabidly fanatical supporters and has already lost half of them, and is struggling to find replacements. Rand produces about as much excitement among voters as Tim Pawlenty did last time.

Some of you guys are acting like the primary is happening this week or something. Rand is still looking good in the RCP average for NH. If he's consistently polling 4%, including with Gravis and PPP, there may be a problem. Walker is the one slipping, and if he doesn't get a bump with his announcement, Rand will be polling a solid 2nd in NH.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    . . .Bush, Walker, Rubio, and Trump are the chosen acceptable choices. One of them will win the nomination.
    So, what you are saying is that Hillary and her sidekick Bill are then headed back to 1600 Pennsylvania ?
    That'll make her happy.

Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mALiberal View Post
    Rand Paul won in Kenrucky because he didn't take crap from the media and his opponents. No disrespect to Ron.

So comparing this to Ron Paul's campaigns is groundless. Rand Paul has no preference for who he faces even Hillary.
    Last edited by dude58677; 06-24-2015 at 10:26 AM.

The nay-Sayers here are hilarious.

This primary election cycle is like none we have seen before due to the debates having been pushed back so far.

This time in 2007 & 2011 we had already had what...2 or 3 debates? Free exposure for candidates with low name recognition, and in 2011 Ron Paul was THE protest vote on both sides of the aisle.

This go around, Bernie is stealing all of the thunder when it comes to the protest vote and is attracting all of these apathetic voters who think we SHOULD be run like a competent social democracy. Rand is being lambasted as an isolationist and unfit to be in the Republican Party by some pundits, is being confused as RON Paul by other voters(like an older sibling of mine who swears he is for the gold standard and eliminating all of our foreign military bases), and won't have a chance to correct all of that crap until the Debates begin in the Fall.

It's a rough cycle, especially with money being as important as ever and Bush having pretty much sewn it all up, but we just need to remain relevant and top tier until the debates in August. Nothing else matters.

One thing that is hilarious in this poll is that Bush polls very very well. And then one of the last questions is about a certain unnamed politician who said that "illegal immigration is an act of love, not a crime" and virtually 80% of respondents said they somewhat or strongly disagreed with that politician.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 06-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    The nay-Sayers here are hilarious.
    Who is naysaying? It's obvious from these results that Rand has no chance to win, which obviously means he's dropped out of the race.
    It's time to support the nominee, and I'm proud to say I will be endorsing Governor Romney.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

FOX News poll this morning but Bush at 14% and Donald at 12% . As soon as the primary is over, I will drop my republican affiliation. The mere fact that Bush is at 14% among republicans scares the living crap out of me.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Who is naysaying? It's obvious from these results that Rand has no chance to win, which obviously means he's dropped out of the race.
    It's time to support the nominee, and I'm proud to say I will be endorsing Governor Romney.
    cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A month ago there was a poll that had Rand in first in NH. The primary is more than 6 months away but yea lets freak out over 1 poll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast