Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Confederate flag is “inescapably a symbol of human bondage and slavery”

The Battle flag of the Confederacy is said to represent the oppression of some 500,000 Africans. What does Rand, or Mitt or anyone have to say about the flag responsible for the genocide of 100,000,000 Native Americans. Nothing. That's what. Who will fight for the feelings of Native Americans? No one. That's who.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    A symbol doesn't mean only what YOU say it means. Anyone with a sense of decency will choose not to display something that is commonly taken to be a symbol of slavery, even if they don't mean it that way. What matters when you communicate aren't the words you say, but how they are understood. So if you are trying to make a statement by displaying the confederate flag, please use your brain first for two seconds.
    Easier for us to see that up here in NY but likely many upset about it are living in their own bubble in the south that have no conception that Rand is trying to run a national campaign.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's also a symbol of what happens when the Constitution works. The power belongs to the people and the states to be part of the country or not.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand has been emasculated during this presidential run. I'm not entirely surprised considering how aggressive the media organs can be.

Now regarding the flag, you do have the freedom to offend in this country, if it is an eye of the beholder issue. All I know is that the lives of a half million individuals were extinguished thanks to the legendary arrogance of one Abraham Lincoln. So it's not like we're talking about a meager cost.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-23-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Disappointing to say the least. He is not his father.

It doesn't make sense to remove the confederate flag without removing the United States flag.

Getting rid of a flag isn't going to mend anything. Even if the perceived symbolism sucks, forcing it down is an abridgment of free expression. I think the message taking it down sends is worse than the message people perceive the flag to represent. Not to mention it should be up to the people of SC...you know the taxpayers?

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    You have to be seriously biased to interpret this that way.

Tom Davis and Rand Paul aren't going PC - they are stating the true, correct position on the matter. Don't defend symbols that cause confusion. Seek clarity and unity.
    Wrong.

The correct stance is done allow morons to twist and pervert a symbol to cause confusion.

I.E.

Rainbow.

Gays have tried to take this and make it mean a whole slew of things.

It still simply means God's promise to not flood the earth again.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The Battle flag of the Confederacy is said to represent the oppression of some 500,000 Africans. What does Rand, or Mitt or anyone have to say about the flag responsible for the genocide of 100,000,000 Native Americans. Nothing. That's what. Who will fight for the feelings of Native Americans? No one. That's who.
    Because NA (of which I am one) arent a huge pile of entitled brats.

There has been a pattern on this. It's part of bullying the redskins to change their name, etc.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So a state government may no longer display a piece of cloth that's offensive to a lot of people. Sounds like a good distraction for the media, but I don't see how this suffocates anyone's rights.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I don't really care about the confederate flag, but this is reaching crazy levels now with eBay banning the sale of confederate flag memorabilia and politicians tripping over themselves to condemn it and remove it from everything. Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    So a state government may no longer display a piece of cloth that's offensive to a lot of people. Sounds like a good distraction for the media, but I don't see how this suffocates anyone's rights.
    Do you think they are going to stop here? They will try to erase any semblance of the Confederacy from the Southern landscape, now that they have been emboldened with this complete surrender. That's how soulless communists roll, when they start their social engineering plans.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
    I don't really care about the confederate flag, but this is reaching crazy levels now with eBay banning the sale of confederate flag memorabilia and politicians tripping over themselves to condemn it and remove it from everything. Enough!
    i guess this is a good time to start the confederate flag black market website? lol

Walmart also participated in the campaign to bully bakers to make gay cakes by law, during the Indiana controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    There has been a pattern on this. It's part of bullying the redskins to change their name, etc.
    the part i havent figured out is, it is very targeted....the south carolina flag is being hit, but not georgia or mississippi, for example.

what is the reason for the specific targets and why only them?

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    the part i havent figured out is, it is very targeted....the south carolina flag is being hit, but not georgia or mississippi, for example.

what is the reason for the specific targets and why only them?
    Because there was an important racial massacre in South Carolina recently, remember? So they talk about the flag to not talk about the anti depressants the killer had taken, which might be the most important factor.
    Last edited by jj-; 06-23-2015 at 11:42 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    I see we still have Confederate sympathizers on RPF. The Confederacy was about slavery. Get over it.
    I guess they don't have books in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Do you think they are going to stop here? They will try to erase any semblance of the Confederacy from the Southern landscape, now that they have been emboldened with this complete surrender. That's how soulless communists roll, when they start their social engineering plans.
    You damn well better believe it. Every vestige will be obliterated. Colleges, highways and military bases will be renamed. And when that is done with then they will go after individuals. Wear a confederate flag. Hate crime and inciting behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You damn well better believe it. Every vestige will be obliterated. Colleges, highways and military bases will be renamed. And when that is done with then they will go after individuals. Wear a confederate flag. Hate crime and inciting behavior.
    It will be drilled into our heads that resistance is not an option. That's why they need to obliterate the imagery and rebellious origins of the Confederacy.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The flag is only a symbol of slavery to the ignorant, who are unaware of the true causes and meaning of the war.

That said, I would be extremely annoyed with Rand if he publicly agreed with me.

...no faster way to sink a campaign (since most voters are ignorant about the war and do wrongly see it as a symbol of slavery).

So, I'm fine with this.
    I agree with you. Thank the public fool system.

I'm not fine with this. On the one hand it means he doesn't know history, which is troubling for an elected official. On the other hand if he does know history and is lying to the public for votes... Total loose, loose situation. He should have kept his trap shut. It sounds like he was baited - spoon fed that. A trap.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Because there was an important racial massacre in South Carolina recently, remember? So they talk about the flag to not talk about the anti depressants the killer has taken, which might be the most important factor.
    i meant in general...the washington redskins? why the target there?

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

I'm not fine with this. On the one hand it means he doesn't know history, which is troubling for an elected official. On the other hand if he does know history and is lying to the public for votes... Total loose, loose situation. He should have kept his trap shut. It sounds like he was baited - spoon fed that. A trap.

-t
    bingo

EBay to ban sale of Confederate flag merchandise
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...ad0_story.html
    Calling it a “contemporary symbol of divisiveness and racism,” eBay said Tuesday that it will ban the sale of Confederate flags and similarly themed merchandise.

“This decision is consistent with our long-standing policy that prohibits items that promote or glorify hatred, violence and racial intolerance,” said eBay spokeswoman Johnna Hoff.
    It is getting this ridiculous that clearly they would have destroyed Rand otherwise.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    easy now...course it helps I was home schooled

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Agreed. This is all apart of the media's war on white males and it will never end until the white race is eradicated. Ironically, if you read Dylan Roof's manifesto this is exactly the sort of thing that motivated him to commit his crimes in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

-t
    You guys are absolutely ridiculous about this, and that is why people assume you are probably racist too.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    Lol at me listening to a Confederate state tell me the war was about "states rights" when the South felt it was there right to secede over slavery because it was a states rights issue. Ok Confederate

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Agreed. This is all apart of the media's war on white males and it will never end until the white race is eradicated. Ironically, if you read Dylan Roof's manifesto this is exactly the sort of thing that motivated him to commit his crimes in first place.
    Dylan Roof was reacting to the unhealthy stimuli in this country, but reached an incredibly wrong conclusion by focusing on race. He became the thing he originally hated (go figure). But there is no doubt in my mind that they want to crush us with these social justice ploys.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-23-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast