Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Where to Buy Gold and Silver

  1. #1

    Where to Buy Gold and Silver

    Colorado Gold
    GoldMart
    Gainesville Coins
    APJM


    If you stick with one of those, you should be happy.

    To get the best price, it can be helpful to check here:
    https://comparegoldprices.com

    To have a good overall experience, you may wish to check out the reviews here:
    http://golddealerreviews.com

    And personally, I have had good experience with these fellows:
    http://aeiccc.com/
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 07-06-2015 at 10:37 AM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Thank you for this! Bumping this thread and hope it helps others. Has anyone tried buying in the past week?

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you for this! Bumping this thread and hope it helps others. Has anyone tried buying in the past week?
    You will probably pay high premiums right now. I think @RonZeplin said they were over $10 spot

    Only buy from reputable sources. DO NOT EBAY

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you for this! Bumping this thread and hope it helps others. Has anyone tried buying in the past week?
    Upstate Coin & Gold as of yesterday morning still had only Silver Kangaroos and Brittanias at 3.40 over spot for Dealers with an account with them . All other silver was sold out . Been a few days ago when I checked but Apmex was selling silver eagles at 23.00 .

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You will probably pay high premiums right now. I think @RonZeplin said they were over $10 spot

    Only buy from reputable sources. DO NOT EBAY
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Upstate Coin & Gold as of yesterday morning still had only Silver Kangaroos and Brittanias at 3.40 over spot for Dealers with an account with them . All other silver was sold out . Been a few days ago when I checked but Apmex was selling silver eagles at 23.00 .
    Thank you! was looking at a local dealer but, as I am new to this, I am not sure what to look out for. Does this American Bullion Inc. look credible? It says it is an authorized dealer by: RCGS, NGC, ICTA, and ANA? Its in Los Angeles. Sorry for the questions but this is my first delve into this. Thanks again!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you! was looking at a local dealer but, as I am new to this, I am not sure what to look out for. Does this American Bullion Inc. look credible? It says it is an authorized dealer by: RCGS, NGC, ICTA, and ANA? Its in Los Angeles. Sorry for the questions but this is my first delve into this. Thanks again!
    I too am a member at ANA and ANACS and the other dealers around here are sometimes members also of NGC and PCGS ( I personally think they charge too much and would not use them for coins under several thousand dollar value ) . None of that really means you are more credible than they next guy so you really have to rely on pleasant experience . I do not even know what ICTA is but guess it is something like better business bureau or some expensive crap like that. I am a coin , grader , appraiser and dealer and really do not buy and sell much bullion but I work part time a couple days a week for a coin shop that is a bullion dealer . Problem you will run into now is everyone is sitting on product they bought when spot was 18 or are out .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-20-2020 at 03:06 PM.

  8. #7
    I have no experience with American Bullion but think they are one of those paper IRA places and those are not something I would invest in personally so I could not suggest someone else to . As a general rule I avoid doing business with California , Chicago , Ohio companies etc . As an example in Indiana there is no tax on a gold coin in Ohio there is . Sales tax will basically most likely erase the gain you might expect to make in the future .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-20-2020 at 03:15 PM.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have no experience with American Bullion but think they are one of those paper IRA places and those are not something I would invest in personally so I could not suggest someone else to . As a general rule I avoid doing business with California , Chicago , Ohio companies etc . As an example in Indiana there is no tax on a gold coin in Ohio there is . Sales tax will basically most likely erase the gain you might expect to make in the future .
    Thank you very much for the info! Yes I found that the shop only deals in large investments so went to another and their shop is closed to public until "this thing blows over." He did mention that their wholesalers in TX for rounds were backlogged and the mints temporarily closed up shop too so I guess I'll have to wait. Thank you so much for all your help!



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you very much for the info! Yes I found that the shop only deals in large investments so went to another and their shop is closed to public until "this thing blows over." He did mention that their wholesalers in TX for rounds were backlogged and the mints temporarily closed up shop too so I guess I'll have to wait. Thank you so much for all your help!
    Actually I would check the entire local area within an hour in every direction for a local shop . The local shops here are still open every day but Sunday . I actually sell coins at an Antique Mall that is open 7 days a week.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Actually I would check the entire local area within an hour in every direction for a local shop . The local shops here are still open every day but Sunday . I actually sell coins at an Antique Mall that is open 7 days a week.

    Thank you, yes I have been calling around but they are all "closed until further notice" due to LA mandate. Does your shop have online order/website?

    If not, do you have any experience with JM Bullion?

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you, yes I have been calling around but they are all "closed until further notice" due to LA mandate. Does your shop have online order/website?

    If not, do you have any experience with JM Bullion?
    Have you tried SchiffGold.com ?

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you, yes I have been calling around but they are all "closed until further notice" due to LA mandate. Does your shop have online order/website?

    If not, do you have any experience with JM Bullion?
    Yes , I have used jm bullion without a problem before . Be surprised if they had much in stock right now .

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by moretp View Post
    Thank you, yes I have been calling around but they are all "closed until further notice" due to LA mandate. Does your shop have online order/website?

    If not, do you have any experience with JM Bullion?
    No , none of the local shops have much online presence and never in bullion . An occasional Carson City dollar or something



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 01:02 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 09:09 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
  4. Current Gold:Silver Ratio Screams: Buy All Things Silver!
    By bobbyw24 in forum Personal Prosperity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 10:58 PM
  5. PMs: Gold-to-silver ratio jumps as silver prices slump
    By bobbyw24 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •