Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The mindset of the guy who ran the Ron Paul campaign into the ground

The mindset of the guy who ran the Ron Paul campaign into the ground

Check 4m48s

Jesse Benton loves him some politics. Unfortunately, that's the mindset of the guy who ran the Ron Paul campaign [into the ground].
    https://youtu.be/p6LIbEFq1JM?t=4m44s

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    As if ron had a chance
    I think the convention shenanigans proves you right, sadly.

As if ron had a chance
    Iowa in 2012 was doable, the rest we will not know

evil and satan stopped Ron Paul.

Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    I think the convention shenanigans proves you right, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He never had a chance. He never had significant GOP support. The liberty coalition was small in 2011-2012. He may have won ONE caucus tops.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    evil and satan stopped Ron Paul.

Fact.
    If you mean stoopid, FAIL-ridden Americans, then we concur.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Candidate Ron Paul was a champion of REASON. That's why I loved him. But reason doesn't win elections. Never has. Hopefully someday it will. For now, emotions win elections: fear, anger, hatred, envy, pride, and so on.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    If you mean stoopid, FAIL-ridden Americans, then we concur.
    either way works for me.

either way works for me.
    I am glad we have established it was not the campaign's fault ;-)
    Last edited by timosman; 06-23-2015 at 11:38 PM.

either way works for me.
    Not me. Taken literally, your assertion deflects and ablates responsibility from those whose shoulders ought to bear it: stoopid, FAIL-ridden Americans. We could spend the rest of our lives in speculative discourse on the question of whether the devil actually exists. It is irrelevant to the point at hand. Even if we assume for argument's sake that Satan exists in the realest of terms as a literal being, it makes zero difference to the question of human culpability in their choices of belief, thought, and action. Didn't Jesus tell Satan "$#@! you and the dildo you rode in on" when he was out in the wilderness for forty days and nights? That was a matter of CHOICE. Again, assuming the literal truth of the account, Jesus could have given in to the temptations but chose otherwise. Hey, when I was that age and had the devil come to me and said "you can have your dick sucked by the hottest girls every night for the next 200 years if you will but bow down to me," I'd have been very hard-pressed to turn away. But either way my decision would be just that: mine. It would not be Satan's, or yours, or Obama's. Again assuming literal truth, I am sure Jesus had a $#@!ing hard time with promises of getting Little Jesus serviced really nicely if only he would bow. So telling the devil to piss off can be seen as an act of self-control worthy of a man's respect precisely because it belongs to the man and he can choose either way. The same is the case for us all, and therefore the fact that willfully stupid, cowardly, corrupt people choose their corruption over a better path is on them completely and has nothing essentially to do with Satan or whatever other external influence it is that one chooses to blame in place of himself for the lousy, $#@!ty decisions he has made.

We humans have lived in a conceptual cesspool for a long age now. The things we choose to claim to believe, such as Satan being responsible for the shrieking freak show that humanity has become, are endlessly dangerous in so many dimensions that I would hardly know where to begin addressing them. It is a threat matrix so vast that when my mind goes to that place to view it, the "eyes" simply glaze over and the brain seizes up for the intimidating enormity it beholds.

You may think I make a big stink over a small matter of whom to blame on such questions, but I assure you that it is anything but. Never forget that your thoughts form your reality and your perceptual reality all too easily and surreptitiously becomes the soul's prison, utterly inescapable but with effort of such supreme monument that nary one in a million men are even able to become aware of the truer situation, much less break themselves free. Words matter, for they are the basis of all the thoughts we have that exist above the level of basic reflex. Stomach goes empty, I become hungry. Big cat approaches, I run up the nearest tree. Cute girl wiggle-swivels past and I get a boner. Reflex. But thinking in terms of concepts is a very different thing. It is the single greatest power in the universe, I would bet, dwarfing even that of the supernovae. Yet, we treat it with such casualness almost to the point of absent minded dismissal. This is way bad juju, and the further we advance technologically, the worse it becomes for us. I say with 100% confidence that if the day comes the race of men be undone, our dismissively casual misuse of language will in fact be the directly traceable root cause of humanity's destruction.

The depths of this truth wash over me and through me with a power I cannot begin to articulate. But I feel it with such precision and overwhelming force that I hold no reservations about it whatsoever. It is, in fact, one of the two or three things of which I am so supremely certain. It is the one single thing that I can claim to know, for I can claim nothing else. But it is the very root of what we are as living entities. Language makes us; defines us; frees or imprisons us in any of countless ways. All of this plays and speaks directly to your original statement that "evil and satan stopped Ron Paul." People stopped him and let there be no mitigating that with references to Satan and ill-/un-defined references to "evil", which only serve marginally well in the most casual of exchanges, which I do not take to be the reality of this thread, though I may be mistaken.

Target blame/cause accurately, for it makes a difference, even if only to yourself.
    Last edited by osan; 06-23-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

As if ron had a chance
    He had a much better chance than Rand does now, as recent polling proves.

Does anyone not remember 2012? All the games the establishment played in IA, NV, ME, LA, MI, NE, etc.... Do we not remember the media doing all their evil deeds? Do we not remember all the polls online and phone we won. I honestly believe we had the numbers to win not by a huge margin but the media wanted the people to believe he couldn't win. Do you know how many 2nd place finishes he had? Coincidence? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Does anyone not remember 2012? All the games the establishment played in IA, NV, ME, LA, MI, NE, etc.... Do we not remember the media doing all their evil deeds? Do we not remember all the polls online and phone we won. I honestly believe we had the numbers to win not by a huge margin but the media wanted the people to believe he couldn't win. Do you know how many 2nd place finishes he had? Coincidence? I don't think so...
    They will do the same with Rand. Especially a news organization like FOX, who establishes trust among primarily republican voters; while at the same time sending subliminal messages no way Rand can win. Better pick Bush if you want a chance to beat Hillary. Who in their right mind would even choose between Bush and Hillary? Only loyal FOX news peeps. The Saudi's love Bush. The Saudi's hit the twin towers for Bush to take down Iraq. Fox is partially owned by a Saudi, so they will push Bush 24/7 in their own special way.

'One cannot always control the weather' - Sun Tzu
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    He had a much better chance than Rand does now, as recent polling proves.
    Polling now means nothing other than name recognition. The field will change massively between now and caucus night. And almost all of the candidates running this year have better credentials than in 2012 so of course the field is going to be tougher to penetrate.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh, Ron actually won Iowa, in the end. Nevada as well. He actually won several states, though it was too late when those results became apparent and unacknowledged by the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo View Post
    Uh, Ron actually won Iowa, in the end. Nevada as well. He actually won several states, though it was too late when those results became apparent and unacknowledged by the convention.
    The goal was to win in the beginning.

He never had a chance. He never had significant GOP support. The liberty coalition was small in 2011-2012. He may have won ONE caucus tops.
    The RNC screwed Ron by changing their rules when it did not suit them, and far less popular persons than Ron have received the nomination at contentious conventions.

Benton sounds very good in this interview, IMHO.

The goal was to win in the beginning.
    Not possible because the media puffed Santorum at the last minute in Iowa, and Ron was unwilling to shift his rhetoric like Rand does in order to have mass appeal and grow his base outside of the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not possible because the media puffed Santorum at the last minute in Iowa, and Ron was unwilling to shift his rhetoric like Rand does in order to have mass appeal and grow his base outside of the liberty movement.
    That's news to me. I thought it was because we did not have any network on the ground that could be used to verify the official vote count and not allow the establishment to f*ck with us.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The field will change massively between now and caucus night. And almost all of the candidates running this year have better credentials than in 2012 so of course the field is going to be tougher to penetrate.

...snap out of it, man!!...the stinking republican 'field' in 2016, like 2012 and EVERY STINKING REPUBLICRAT $ELECTION PRIOR, will be DOMINATED by miserable gd fool warmongers, monetary ignoramuses, puppets, go-alongs, etc. assorted creeps galore!!..

...save maybe RON paul....ALONE...

...i sense the stinking republicans are fielding such a large array of $h!t-heads this time is to take advantage of 'equal time' per candidate to overwhelm us with their/?your big stinking message: 'hillary sucks, vote for us'...

...stinking republicrats all...

...i hope trump gets it...that's what the stinking republicans deserve...miserable, stoooooooooooooooopid republicrats deserve hillary vs. trump/bush...a clown-car stinkfest...although any of them will deliver the clown-car stinkfest...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 06-25-2015 at 11:52 AM.

That's news to me. I thought it was because we did not have any network on the ground that could be used to verify the official vote count and not allow the establishment to f*ck with us.
    The polls matched up... there was no massive amount of voter fraud

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was no need for a massive voter fraud. They just needed a too-close-to-call situation.

Anyone who walked precincts knows that Ron lost because not enough people supported him, not because of voter fraud. It's comforting to blame fraud by the "elite" rather than admit that the public is so easily manipulated that they can be induced to vote for a John McCain or Mitt Romney over a modern-day Thomas Jefferson.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Anyone who walked precincts knows that Ron lost because not enough people supported him, not because of voter fraud.
    Exactly... too many people would rather sit behind a keyboard than actually pound the pavement to win an election.

Exactly... too many people would rather sit behind a keyboard than actually pound the pavement to win an election.
    Apparently pounding the pavement did not work. Do we have a plan B this time ?

It's not that going door to door doesn't work. It's just not enough in itself.

The candidate has to be willing to say what they need to say and do in order to get elected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast