Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Fox Business w/ Trish Regan 6/22/15

[Video] Rand Paul on Fox Business w/ Trish Regan 6/22/15

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbUx2wBukU

--

Last edited by jct74; 06-22-2015 at 04:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So anyone know how it went?

I was just thinking Rand must have really turned some heads since he's being interviewed by a fox news anchor today about his tax plan and then essentially it'll be followed up tonight on Bill O'Riley's show. I hope Rand didn't give otool nothing to gripe about. I'm assuming Bill is going to use some footage from the interview to either agree with or attack him on..

Can someone post tube?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Can someone post tube?
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Rand sure dodged the 14.5% vs. some other, lesser, number question (like maybe 14.0% as the interviewer posited)..Rand said "the reason it's 14-and-a-half instead of 15 or 14 is because we looked at what kind of tax cut that would generate." Huh? wouldn't a lower number "generate" a greater "tax cut?"
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-22-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Rand sure dodged the 14.5% vs. some other, lesser, number question (like maybe 14.0% as the interviewer posited)..Rand said "the reason it's 14-and-a-half instead of 15 or 14 is because we looked at what kind of tax cut that would generate." Huh? wouldn't a lower number "generate" a greater "tax cut?"
    I always cringe every time I hear Rand say that. Lowering taxes leads to economic growth in the sense that the people's wealth increase at the expense of the govt. If lowering taxes led to expansion of govt funds, every government would do it. Just because a law increases income of the tax payers doesn't mean it would have the same effect on govt.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I always cringe every time I hear Rand say that. Lowering taxes leads to economic growth in the sense that the people's wealth increase at the expense of the govt. If lowering taxes led to expansion of govt funds, every government would do it. Just because a law increases income of the tax payers doesn't mean it would have the same effect on govt.
    Not necessarily. One has to weigh the increased power of the people, vs. the power of the government. It is about control.

Everyday individuals who scrape by, make great use of small amounts of money. Inefficient bureaucracies squander the same amount.

TBTB would rather for wealth to be completely destroyed, than for the people to keep it. $1000 extra dollars in every citizen's pocket = another rifle with plenty of ammo.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

I think this was basically a hit piece. They bring him on to talk about his tax plan but spend more time on foreign policy? Lol classic bait and switch.