Thread: New Website MaineLicenseReview.Com

New Website Idea

As most of us know, occupational licensing is a matter of personal liberty and one that tends to be regulated by the states. The whole notion of having to ask the government for permission to work in an economy with such high unemployment and welfarism really bothers me, so I thought of a way to do something about it.

All of the professions have their trade organizations that influence regulations and laws in their favor. But consumers don't really have that way of being able to get together, especially on an individual state level.

So I thought of building a rating/review website for *every* type of licensed professional in this state. (Maine we're talking here...) That means I've built a rating page for every barber, land surveyor, doctor, massage therapist, funeral director... you name it.

While people are on my site, I've built a little forum to discuss laws and regulations in the state of Maine. Hopefully I will be able to get people to stop by and voice their support for lowering regulations.

It's a very simple website. I'm almost to the point where I would show it to a limited number of people, and I wonder if any of you out there would be willing to click around to test it out when I am ready. I wonder if all of this sounds like a good idea to you, or if I am really going out on a limb. At the very least, I've gained some valuable programming experience.
    Last edited by amartin315; 06-24-2015 at 06:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok well I am live at the moment. (Check the timestamp on this post) There won't be much traffic for now I don't think, as I haven't done any marketing whatsoever and a search for my site doesn't come up until google's third page. I'm just reaching out to you on the ronpaulforums for friendly criticism. Please let me know if you really just think I am wasting my time, or if you think I should fix this, or do that, and so on. That would be a big help.

One thing to note is, I am trying to accomplish this on a budget, so I've put no money and all time into this project. Purchasing forum software, for example, would be a violation of that spirit.

I am not doing this primarily to make money, so I hope the mods on this forum will not view this as a shameless spam marketing thread. Thanks

Interesting idea, I'm not in Maine, but I hope your site succeeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe