Thread: Hawaii Becomes 1st U.S State to Raise Smoking Age to 21!

Thumbs down Hawaii Becomes 1st U.S State to Raise Smoking Age to 21!

There will certainly be a black market for cigarettes now.

http://news.yahoo.com/hawaii-governo...--finance.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But opponents say it's unfair that a veteran returning from military service who risked his or her life serving the country could be prevented from lighting up.
    The military is how the tobacco companies got so many people to smoke in this country. They handed out free packets with their rations.

Smoking rates have been slowly falling since then. Advertising bans on TV began in the 1970's which started a quicker decline.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-21-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    One thing we can say about Trump: Least Boring President Ever.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

“People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular,” Trump wrote, or at least his ghostwriter did. “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration – and a very effective form of promotion.”

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Liberals can't stand to leave people the hell alone.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

All this drug/alcohol/tobacco nonsense puts kids at risk. When I was in HS, we girls would wait outside a bar to get some man to buy beer--often they had other drugs.

We were lucky, and part of that was because we dealt with it as a group, so nothing bad happened to us. Even at frat parties--which were the worst, we looked out for each other.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

So , it is OK if they pay Fed tax , State Tax , Social Security Tax , Medicare Tax , drive , vote , enlist and serve in some country overseas ? Complete bull$#@! . If they cannot drink and smoke until 21 because they are not adult enough , should not have to pay taxes until 21 as well . Probably just a scam to fine kids for smoking and get some more free revenue .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-21-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Dont you guys find its funny? You are allowed to have a baby at age 16... but cant smoke or drink till 21 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    So , it is OK if they pay Fed tax , State Tax , Social Security Tax , Medicare Tax , drive , vote , enlist and serve in some country overseas ? Complete bull$#@! . If they cannot drink and smoke until 21 because they are not adult enough , should not have to pay taxes until 21 as well . Probably just a scam to fine kids for smoking and get some more free revenue .
    Not about the revenue. They will lose more in not collecting sales tax on cigarettes not being sold then they could collect in fines.

Those caught breaking the rules would be fined $10 for the first offense, and later violations would lead to a $50 fine or mandatory community service.
    Taxes on a single pack in Hawaii is $3.20 to wholesalers. http://www.tfhawaii.org/taxes/tobacco.html
    One thing we can say about Trump: Least Boring President Ever.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

“People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular,” Trump wrote, or at least his ghostwriter did. “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration – and a very effective form of promotion.”

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Enlistment looks more and more attractive by the day for the under 21 crowd.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not about the revenue. They will lose more in not collecting sales tax on cigarettes not being sold then they could collect in fines.

Taxes on a single pack in Hawaii is $3.20 to wholesalers. http://www.tfhawaii.org/taxes/tobacco.html
    Nope , no way . Same amount of cigarettes will be sold .Just to people who show an ID that says they are 21 .

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Enlistment looks more and more attractive by the day for the under 21 crowd.
    I am old , but lived outside the US from age of 18 to 21 in various countries . I never saw anyone turned away from purchasing anything because of age .

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Liberals can't stand to leave people the hell alone.
    Neither can conservatives. Or anyone else who likes to bully other folks around. If something is fun or pleasant, expect to find some busybody ninny with too much time on his hands to find a way to ban or regulate it to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao!

hy guys there is a nice point for discussion carry on check this link

translation agencies uk
    Last edited by naseera; 06-22-2015 at 04:18 AM.