Thread: Video of Chicago cop opening fire on a car full of unarmed black teens

Video of Chicago cop opening fire on a car full of unarmed black teens

A video of a Chicago police officer appearing to open fire into a carload of unarmed teenagers troubled a former judge so greatly that he handed the video over to the media.

“I’ve seen lots of gruesome, grisly crimes,” retired Cook County Judge Andrew Berman told Jonah Newman of the Chicago Reporter. Berman, who was a judge in a criminal case against one of the teens, added, “But this is disturbing on a whole different level.”

The December 2013 video, embedded below, shows Chicago police officer Marco Proano allegedly shooting more than a dozen rounds at the moving vehicle full of six minors, according to civil complaint filed against the city of Chicago and several officers. The Reporter identified them as black.

None of them had a weapon or acted aggressively toward the officers, according to the complaint.

Proano hit one passenger in the shoulder and another in both hips, according to the complaint.

Prior to the incident, two other Chicago officers had stopped the car near 95th and LaSalle Street in Chicago's notoriously violent South Side. Moments later, one of the passengers took off running. Proano, who had just arrived at the scene, exited his patrol car and approached the car with his gun drawn sideways, according to the civil complaint filed on behalf of the teens. When the car started to move in reverse, Proano allegedly began shooting.

The video is the crux of a federal lawsuit filed against Chicago and the three police officers on the teenagers' behalf. Pending approval from the City Council, it could end with a $360,000 payout for the victims.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chica...#ixzz3dXz0rAs9

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did the Judge issue an arrest warrant for Proano? Didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Gangstas shooting like gangstas.

“I’ve seen lots of gruesome, grisly crimes,” retired Cook County Judge Andrew Berman told Jonah Newman of the Chicago Reporter. Berman, who was a judge in a criminal case against one of the teens, added, “But this is disturbing on a whole different level.”
    Your ridiculous demands and anti-law enforcement attitude has reached a level that is unacceptable. You want our attention? Well you have it. Consider yourselves on notice.
    ///

"His backing away from me made me fear for my life"
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Good.

Cop Who Shot At Stolen Car Full Of Teens Gets 5 Years

The former Chicago police officer who fired several shots into a stolen car full of teenagers four years ago has been sentenced to five years in prison.

U.S. District Court Judge Gary Feinerman on Monday said while Proano may have been wearing a police uniform at the time of the shooting, he was the one bringing the chaos and violence.

Marco Proano fired 16 shots at a stolen car with the teens inside at 95th and LaSalle in December 2013. Two occupants were wounded as the car sped away from the officer. The shooting was caught on camera and became the centerpiece at Proano’s trial.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/11/...-gets-5-years/

Why isn't anyone saying that this was a gun problem? Why is all the attention on the cop?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"