Thread: Lewis & Clark Pachyderms - July Meeting

Post Lewis & Clark Pachyderms - July Meeting

Lewis & Clark Pachyderms - July Meeting

Monday, July 20 at 6:30pm

Culpeppers O'Fallon
    4401 Highway K, O'Fallon, MO 63368

Social time starts a 6pm. Meeting run from 6:30 - 7:30pm. Please get your dinner orders in promptly!

Jonathon Prouty, Executive Director Missouri Republican Party with be speaking about 2016 Elections in Missouri

Please plan to attend & bring a friend or relative - all Republican visitors are welcome!

This came across my facebook feed yesterday. https://m.facebook.com/events/699563866801255/?ref=22
    It is encouraging to see liberty movement friends marked as going. I'm planning on attending and bringing friends.

It will be interesting to see how the state party addresses St. Charles County. Will he talk about the 2012 caucus disaster? Is there a plan to prevent it from happening again? Would any plans include the other MO counties that were hijacked but didn't get to re-caucus? Are they ready to welcome us?

WOW - I'm feeling worked up today. I'm ready to start knocking on doors.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Update: My take on the meeting.

This was my first pachyderm club meeting. I've seen a couple on youtube but never in person.

There were about 60 people in attendance. My guess and feel was that 25% of the group was like minded. One of the nice surprises of the night was that the current president of the club is a liberty lover and an old friend. I thought Dan did a fine job running the meeting. The strangest part of the night was sitting near Bryan Spencer. I didn't realize that it was him until he introduced himself during announcements. He is clearly a "bad guy" in my book and a quick Google search of him is the easy way to explain my feeling toward him. Besides, I think he stole my anti-bryan spencer sign from my yard. (It’s been 3 years since the caucus and I’m still pissed off)

The speaker was Jonathon Prouty, Executive Director Missouri Republican Party. It was striking how young he looked. He did a nice presentation on how local vs federal monies are handled, changes in the primary process and how the state committee has responded and a new plan for a peer to peer outreach structure. He didn't address how badly we messed up the caucus and a plan to help us prevent doing it again but I did feel welcomed. It sounded to me that MO is absolutely going to be a proportional state and that the battle for delegates will be determined by the primary election. Kind of ----- with a 9 delegate bonus for the winner of the state minus the 3 special people? It was pretty deluded but I’ve asked for his powerpoint to help me sort it out. I should just ask Bryce because I’m sure that he has it figured out. With that in mind, I ran into Bryce there and it was good to see him. I didn’t get a chance to talk with him but I need to soon.

The meeting went quick enough and I didn’t mingle much afterward.